It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Not because they are easy but because they are hard!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What politician speaks like this today?

None of them - we are going to do something not because it easy but because it is hard & we can do it!
& we did.

Quick hit - couple minutes not the entire speech.

edit on 23-11-2013 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

haha
some discovery or history channel thing was on and Kennedy was talking. It was some commercial for a show. I looked at my girl and said "I wish we had a president who talked like that now."

This was about 20 minutes ago.

edit on 11/23/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here is the other one - what politician would call out the CIA today?

"There is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions don't survive with it!"
Think about it as it pertains today.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I can listen to his speech and still feel inspired by it. I can only imagine what it felt like to be there.

We could have that again if we had someone in office worthy to lead that took the time to instill in the public that they did matter, that we are still capable of great things, and they expect no less. What we have now is a huge loss of hope in my opinion. People have stopped trying. They are tired of being beat down and shafted by a system they are supposed to trust in.

The loss of hope and the belief that better days are ahead is a tragedy that I don't think we have seen the full ramifications of yet.

A speech that inspires hope, pride, and motivation 50 years later is a speech worth listening to 50 years later.

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I think there's been a great shift in the quality of our politicians. They are rarely the deep thinkers and hypnotic orators of yesteryear. They depend on spin doctors and teleprompters to address the masses, masses they seem to think are quite dense. Maybe the masses are that dense as there certainly does seem to be a "dumbing down" of the general population. Still I do not appreciate being treated like a child by some politician with the IQ of a bush(snark).

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I can listen to his speech and still feel inspired by it. I can only imagine what it felt like to be there.

We could have that again if we had someone in office worthy to lead that took the time to instill in the public that they did matter, that we are still capable of great things, and they expect no less. What we have now is a huge loss of hope in my opinion. People have stopped trying. They are tired of being beat down and shafted by a system they are supposed to trust in.

The loss of hope and the belief that better days are ahead is a tragedy that I don't think we have seen the full ramifications of yet.

A speech that inspires hope, pride, and motivation 50 years later is a speech worth listening to 50 years later.

Thanks for posting it.

Inspired as well - feel like doing good things...do we get that today from our politicians?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

I can't speak for everyone but I would say no. I don't.

I find myself getting angry because we struggle to make it day to day. We live right, we help people, we try to be good parents, we rely on ourselves, etc. etc. and it seems we can never get too far ahead. I watch those in power lie, cheat, steal, walk on the folks, etc. and they are rolling in the good life. I would even guess that people have gone the way they have because they are so tired of seeing evil get ahead. They make it seem that all the wrong things are rewarded so if one is inspired then I would say they are probably inspired to leave Mr./Mrs. Niceguy behind them and stop caring about anything other than their own wants and needs.

It's sad that it has gotten the way it has. When people give up.... they take what they would have contributed to the world with them into despair. Who knows how that could/would have changed the world?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Cant be too careful, too good gets you shot.

We now live in a "yes" world of politics where you only have to say yes to everything you dont have to actually do any of it. Corporate America controls the votes and the people and the system a good politician doesnt stand a chance.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
That's why world leaders like JFK were called orators, today we have politicians.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

angelchemuel
That's why world leaders like JFK were called orators, today we have politicians.
Rainbows
Jane

I dont know if thats true exactly, we have good speakers. I mean compared bush and Obama and tell me thats not a public speaker upgrade.

Sure its more bull# than the last but thats what politics is now, they get handed a speech and they read it as well as they can. Job done, meet at the white house for tea and medals.

Obviously i have a obstructed view being from the UK, but i for one was very unhappy to hear that one of Obamas big claims was to shut Guantanamo down but VERY shortly after he gets in office he says "its complicated" like it was pre-written - and now he says hes pledging to have another go.

The Guantanamo facility continues to drain our resources and harm our standing in the world

Its still running, and the word still thinks you [USA] guys suck for it and its still costing you millions.
edit on 23-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Biigs

angelchemuel
Rainbows
Jane

I dont know if thats true exactly, we have good speakers. I mean compared bush and Obama and tell me thats not a public speaker upgrade.

Sure its more bull# than the last but thats what politics is now, they get handed a speech and they read it as well as they can. Job done, meet at the white house for tea and medals.

Obviously i have a obstructed view being from the UK, but i for one was very unhappy to hear that one of Obamas big claims was to shut Guantanamo down but VERY shortly after he gets in office he says "its complicated" like it was pre-written - and now he says hes pledging to have another go.

The Guantanamo facility continues to drain our resources and harm our standing in the world

Its still running, and the word still thinks you [USA] guys suck for it and its still costing you millions.
edit on 23-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

On the subject of guantanamo....
6 Yrs In Guantanamo

There are people in guantanamo that were cleared for release 6 yrs ago, but for some completely unknown reason, they are still there.

Guantanamo Prisoner Makes 6hr Video Plea for Freedom

There is a marked difference in the quality of the politicians from then and the politicians of today.
Or maybe they have always been the same, but with the abundance of information technology, they cannot fool us so easily these days.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11am11amSat, 23 Nov 2013 05:58:26 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Kennedy wouldn't be able to do that today.
He knew how to appeal to personal pride and integrity in the minds of the citizens.

There aren't many people in the USA who understand those concepts any more.

That's why politicians now rely on a simple precept..."I'll screw the other guy and give you free stuff."

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

badgerprints
Kennedy wouldn't be able to do that today.
He knew how to appeal to personal pride and integrity in the minds of the citizens.

There aren't many people in the USA who understand those concepts any more.

That's why politicians now rely on a simple precept..."I'll screw the other guy and give you free stuff."

Great post!

top topics

join