It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is modern man and Nations so apathetic to our eventual extinction? It is a fact Earth will be de

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Why is modern man and Nations so apathetic to our eventual extinction? It is a fact Earth will be decimated again...

We know the earth has gone through multiple mass extinctions. It is virtually a fact that humanity will end if we do not spread out and colonize what we can colonize in our solar system.

What are we waiting for? Why would we wait when it could happen right now?

We are the very first known life to know how to colonize planets, asteroids, moons. Why are we so stupid to sit here playing Russian roulette with humanities very existence?

How do we convince other humans and Nations to begin to save humanity by getting as many of us off this single basket as we can to ensure we do not go extinct?

Nothing can really be more important.

Is it religion? Are we really going to place the survival of our species in the hands of Gods who do not communicate with us in an obvious manner?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Could it happen right now? I don't think so.
Deep space travel with people aboard? not yet we are not made for space.
Where will we go? and how will we get there?
I want it to happen as much as you do but we need to evolve before we spread our bad traits across the universe...maybe in the next cycle of civilization we may be ready but now? no where near.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
We know the stories...

When Man gets wicked, its time to clean house...

and the books have prepared us for Asteroid Impacts as our next demise...

That is why they try to "dig in"!!

Governments are prepping...

I am actually surprised one hasn't done us in yet.

I wake up, and thank him for another day!

With our level of Technology, Earth should have been Paradise!!
edit on 22-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Apathetic to our extinction?

Have you seen the general state of peoples preparations for floods / famine / snow / droughts? Lords of Olympus, the average man couldn't prepare for a month of a run of the mill event - nor could the average person with their average thoughts and average lives even begin to muster the willpower to fire a neuron on space / end of the world scenarios.

The second factor - education. Have you listened to the absolute dross that infests our school systems? its no wonder the children cannot learn if these are the people entrusted to indoctrinate, sorry, educate our offspring.

Will we die out? yes, absolutely. We don't deserve any other fate to be frank if the 21st Century is a measure of our being.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think ultimately if there was a new mass extinction event like a meteor for example, then what exactly can we do about it?

I think we should worry about things we can change, not the things we have no control over at all.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Astr0

Will we die out? yes, absolutely. We don't deserve any other fate to be frank if the 21st Century is a measure of our being.

I truly cannot argue with that.

At all.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

Well people certainly prepare themselves to survive but we have no initiative to ensure humanities survival beyond our own life.

Some of us deserve to survive even if most of humanity does not. I am not saying I am one of those that deserve to survive but there are certainly some very deserving humans now and in the future.

I think perhaps after a major city is destroyed and millions die the Defense department may have to take extinction seriously.

Lets just hope we get that warning shot rather than a kill shot.
edit on 22-11-2013 by Xeven because: clairity

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

OneManArmy
I think ultimately if there was a new mass extinction event like a meteor for example, then what exactly can we do about it?

I think we should worry about things we can change, not the things we have no control over at all.

We have the technology right now to build underground colonies on the moon, asteroids and even Mars. We just are not trying to do so.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Do we? can a person live in a place with different gravity than of earths? maybe for a short stay but not for a prolonged amount of time.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Xeven

Do we? can a person live in a place with different gravity than of earths? maybe for a short stay but not for a prolonged amount of time.

Yes, especially on mars. Would there be challenges? Sure but nothing we cannot deal with.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Let me know exactly where you are heading for, I might even join you.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Really can you tell me how you would solve this then?

I just don't think we have the answers yet to colonize Mars or any other planet yet.
I think genetically engineered Humans may be able to do deep space travel (bit of frog dna so they can hibernate for a long time).
Hopefully in the future we will reach out for the stars but I think we are at least a hundred years off.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Russian roulette is a game even family's love

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Eh. Easy come, easy go.

We all just scratching around on this planet trying to stay alive, find pleasure, avoid pain. And we're all individually going to die. Relatively soon. There's no way around it. We do as much as we can as individuals to keep our DNA going, but if we step back and take a realistic look at it, it doesn't really matter. Once I'm dead, I couldn't care less what happens to humanity. I'm out of the picture. Is it really that important that humanity survive?

What grand thing are we as a species supposed to accomplish that doesn't just equate to more scratching around? Conquering the galaxy? The universe? So what? Big deal. What's the point of it all? I'll tell you. There is no point.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

What would make you think that Mars would be any safer than earth ? I mean like we are in the same solar system with the same asteroids spinning out of control ..Look at the moon ,it been hit many many times according to science .

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Eh. Easy come, easy go.

We all just scratching around on this planet trying to stay alive, find pleasure, avoid pain. And we're all individually going to die. Relatively soon. There's no way around it. We do as much as we can as individuals to keep our DNA going, but if we step back and take a realistic look at it, it doesn't really matter. Once I'm dead, I couldn't care less what happens to humanity. I'm out of the picture. Is it really that important that humanity survive?

What grand thing are we as a species supposed to accomplish that doesn't just equate to more scratching around? Conquering the galaxy? The universe? So what? Big deal. What's the point of it all? I'll tell you. There is no point.

Perhaps the point is to just keep humanity scratching around trying to figure out what the point is?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Or to just enjoy it all before we die.

You have got my imagination going OP

Maybe If we can meld man and machine we will have a better chance of reaching the stars.
Put my brain in a robot space ship and I can just go Weeeeeee! thru the universe spreading my seed to all the hot aliens I find lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by Xeven

What would make you think that Mars would be any safer than earth ? I mean like we are in the same solar system with the same asteroids spinning out of control ..Look at the moon ,it been hit many many times according to science .

Well it is unlikely the Earth, Moon, Asteroids and Mars will all get hit with an Asteroid at the same time so some humans would survive to move back to earth when things settle down should earth take a comet hit.

We know how to build space stations with gravity if we decided to do so we could. It is just expensive. All of us sitting on one rock it really stupid when we know how to move some of us off.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Xeven

Really can you tell me how you would solve this then?

I just don't think we have the answers yet to colonize Mars or any other planet yet.
I think genetically engineered Humans may be able to do deep space travel (bit of frog dna so they can hibernate for a long time).
Hopefully in the future we will reach out for the stars but I think we are at least a hundred years off.

We would not die though and our offspring might grow taller and thinner and adapt to the difference. We also know how to create additional gravity through spinning. We could build a colony that spins. Hard? Yep but not impossible.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Well being out in space floating around without a atmosphere to burn up most pieces of flying rock doesn't sound safer to me .

edit on 22-11-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join