It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Textbook Tells Fourth Graders ‘White Voters’ Were Unlikely To Support Black President

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

So that makes it ok to yell racism whenever someone disagrees with you?

As for Obama's case, there are many racist that bash him but hide under the guise as his "failed" administration, meanwhile many president did that same crap as this one.

Obviously not everyone does that, so just turn a blind eye to blatant racism when there is one? so you don't accidentally hurt their feelings? in case in their opinion it wasn't racist? sure that will make it go away.

_____

Obama won because there are non racist people, then again the win was at a 50% margin......

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Evening,

Looks like the Drudge Report has finally picked up on the story...

dailycaller.com...

"Required Reading"?

Manditory brainwashing is more like it.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I'm just going to go ahead and say it, infractions be damned. But you sir, are an idiot. You and people like you are why we're in such a big heap of problems. You may not be the single cause of those problems, but you certainly are helping those problems to continue.

The KKK and the "65" other racist groups in the U.S. are not the majority. They are by far a vast minority. (Maybe they should get special treatment since they're a minority?) In fact, the New Black Panther Party claim they have a few thousand members. Whereas the KKK has an estimated 5000 members nationwide.

And since you like harping on "those evil whitey's" so much, I'll bet you if we could count how many racists there were in the Caucasian population VS the African population, that the African populace would have more bias and racist views towards whites than vice versa.

Now, on topic. I've never once thought that whites were being targeted. Race to me isn't very important. (Culture however, is.) My ex wife isn't white, our child is mixed race. But over the past five or so years, especially me living in Europe, I've seen more than enough to start making people like myself think that whites are in fact being targeted. We're a scape goat. Simply because the color of our skin, and the fact that we're a "majority" (which in itself is a lie, we're no more a majority in Africa than Africans are in America) so all the evil deeds past, present and presumably the future will fall on "the whites".

It's politically correct to bash whites. Why? Because our history (which is on part with every other "races" history) is overplayed and overhyped. "Oh those whites owned slaves!", so did Africans. But to point that fact out isn't kosher.

"Oh those whites are racist!". Well, so are blacks. But again, to point that fact out isn't kosher. And that's why whites will be on the receiving end of all the bad things that happen, or could happen for decades and centuries to come.

All because it's politically correct.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Sure racists hide under their criticizing of his horrible administration and the fact that he is failing BIG TIME at being the POTUS. However, that does not mean that everyone that is critical of him is a racist. That is usually what gets thrown out by people with a poor argument or a poor mind, sometimes both.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

It's politically correct to bash whites.

I don't think it is. I personally don't mind. I know who I am as a person and have no need to hide behind my race as my identity. To each his own though.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by Krazysh0t

So that makes it ok to yell racism whenever someone disagrees with you?

As for Obama's case, there are many racist that bash him but hide under the guise as his "failed" administration,

Prove that assumption.

meanwhile many president did that same crap as this one.

Yes, and they were called out for their crap too. I don't know about you, but I remember the press having FIELD DAYS whenever Bush even so much as showed his face in public, let alone did anything. I don't notice the same level of exposure when it comes to Obama though. Of course I can see why, people aren't going to be as vocal in their disapproval if their character is constantly called into question whenever they voice their opinion.

Obviously not everyone does that, so just turn a blind eye to blatant racism when there is one? so you don't accidentally hurt their feelings? in case in their opinion it wasn't racist? sure that will make it go away.

What BLATANT racism are you talking about? The people I always see accused of being racist, are just disagreeing with Obama's policies. I don't see them using racial slurs or stereotypes in support of their denouncement of Obama. Because that is the only blatant racism that I am aware of.

If there is a group of ten people of a certain race disagreeing with someone from another race and only one of those people is a racist, it is NOT acceptable to call the whole group racist just because one of them happens to be a racist. If you don't know which one is the racist, then just avoid that accusation until you know who is.

Obama won because there are non racist people, then again the win was at a 50% margin......

See there you go insinuating that the ~50% of people who didn't vote for Obama are racist, not that they may have just disagreed with his policies. Nope jumping right to the racist insinuation.

You know it's very telling about your selective bias when you bring up how other presidents have screwed up in the past and have been lambasted by the public and press, but when it is Obama's turn, it is racism.

Let's get this out of the way real quick. I don't support Obama, I never did. I don't agree with his policies and how he goes about doing things. I never voted for him in either election and have been critical of him since 2008 (granted the criticism has grown since he was first elected) when he was given a Nobel Peace Prize for convincing the American public he could save our country through Hope and Change (but not actually doing any of it). So am I racist? I will not provide you with any other information about myself to answer this question either. All you have to go on is any prior information you have about me as a poster and this thread. Answer the question.

Now regardless of the answer to the above question, you are calling other people racist while knowing even LESS about them. So unless your answer is yes, you are being unfairly biased towards Obama dissenters and accusing more of them of racism then should be accused of such.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
No one else was more worried about the "God would damn the United States for mistreating its black citizens" part than "white people were not ready for a black president"….

This is education?

Why don't they just air Jersey Shore for kids call it a day.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The whole thing is an excersize in the theatre of the absurd but yes would the answer to your question, at least in my case. That just wasn't the headline of the actual story and I didn't want to be accused of mischaracterization.

-Peace-
edit on 22-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Punctuation

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
are we seriously going to sit here and pretend that that wasnt part of the reason a lot of white people didnt like/vote for obama? most just didnt admit it because they didnt want to be labeled a racist. because we all know a lot of people think its fine to be a racist until a large amount of people find out and blow up your spot.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Screw these aholes. I wanted to like Barack Obama, but he's worse than Bush.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I can't take what you say seriously. You provide examples from the Wikipedia entry for Shuckin' and jivin'. Then you go on to misquote parts of the article and omit important words that mar your case. For example.

You said:

According to the American Dictionary of Slang:

slaves sang and shouted gleefully during corn-shucking season, and this behavior, along with lying and teasing, became a part of the protective and evasive behavior normally adopted towards white people.

In fact, this passage comes word for word from the Wikipedia article with, of course, important words omitted. Here it is complete:

According to linguist Barbara Ann Kipfer, the origins of the phrase may be traced to when "black slaves sang and shouted gleefully during corn-shucking season, and this behavior, along with lying and teasing, became a part of the protective and evasive behavior normally adopted toward white people."

I italicized the section you chose to post. There is quite a difference between what you posted and the actual complete paragraph is there not? According to another person, Clarence Major, the phrase has a specific meaning. I'll let him explain.

According to the 1994 book by Clarence Major, Juba to Jive, a Dictionary of African-American Slang, "shuck and jive" dates back to the 1870s and was an "originally southern ‘Negro’ expression for clowning, lying, pretense."

There is nothing in the Wikipedia page that indicates this phrase is proven to originate in slavery. It is the opinion of one linguist and Roland Martin. Clarence Major did not share that opinion. Do you believe that because Roland Martin said:

"'Shucking and jiving' have long been words used as a negative assessment of African Americans, along the lines of a 'foot shufflin’ Negro.'"

That it is the 100% Gods honest truth? I don't. It's the opinion of one man. One man who used this phrase to attack a statement critical of Obama. I don't see any conflict of interest there. No, sir'eee. I don't understand why you chose to intentionally mislead the people that read this thread.

Now, to address your comments on this school textbook. I agree that there is a small minority of racist white folk that would not vote for a black president. This textbook, however, is not implying that fact. The textbook is deliberately making the text read that a very large minority of white folk are racist. That is the issue and that is the problem. It is despicable of the publisher to promote racial division to children. Especially at a time in their lives that they should be learning about what we all share in common, as human beings.
edit on 23-11-2013 by My_Reality because: couldn't get link to work

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join