It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents receive threatening letters regarding mandatory medical/dental exams for their kids.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Perfect little Nanny State developing in the U.S.

Now they are demanding that you take you child to a medical check-up and a dental check-up, not suggesting but demanding.

I wonder how many children will come back from these check up's with a mandatory vaccination of whatever they wish to put in it.

Police State USA has been made aware of threatening letters being sent to parents by the government regarding their children’s participation with compulsory medical and dental examinations.

Under the auspices of keeping children healthy, the government has usurped the role of “parent” away from actual parents. The state — not legal guardians — is determining when and how children should be subjected to outside business influences.

The first letter was sent to Police State USA by a parent in New York State (NYS) “requiring” that his child be taken to mandated doctor visits. As the letter states:

www.policestateusa.com...

Keep telling yourself that this is good for you and its the right way for government to behave.

It also seems that there a quite a few ordinary citizens and ATS'rs that work well with this philosophy.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
So why are you still living there if you know that it is a Police State? Any normal person would leave such a place as fast as they can. And your reason for staying is?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is what happens when you send your children to public schools for their institutionalized indoctrination. By sending them to public school you open yourself up to "their house/their rules". They can make your life miserable, and make it almost impossible to not cooperate with their demands, rules, wishes, passing fancys, etc.

Is it right? No way in hades. My daughter turns 16 Saturday and I am hanging on white knuckled hoping she can make it just another 2 years till graduation. I have been to her school on several occasions over some new "dumbassery" that has been introduced. I (thankfully) live where it has not gotten nearly as bad as I see in other states.

Given that the child is not in pain from NOT being carried to the dentist and there are no other issues concerning the teeth (speech impediment, etc) then IMO it is NOT up to the school to dictate anything to the parents. Same goes for the doctor. If the child is healthy then it is not up to them to dictate when your child sees a doctor. IMO of course.

This is one step closer to removing more parental rights. One step closer to making you "jump" when they say jump. There are measures in place to help children that are abused or neglected that don't involve the school dictating what THEY think is the correct thing to do. If the case is that bad and the child is in need and the parents are neglecting them.... then CPS needs to be called. If it is at that point then a letter home telling you to take them to the dentist is not going to solve the issue.

They are inching their way into having more authority slowly. My dad always said that if you give someone an inch, they will take a mile. He was right.

I think more folks will consider homeschooling as this gets further out of control. Losing an extra income is sometimes the lesser price to pay.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I don't live there.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Good for you! Actually I feel sorry for those that do. The noose keeps tightening around their neck but they don't see a problem or figure the problem will somehow go away. Soon the people in the US will get a short drop with a sudden stop.

With the school mandating that the child has to be taken to the dentist or doctor, as in school approved dentist and doctors, I wonder if the school is getting a kick back from the dentist and doctors. Wouldn't be the first time something like this happened nor will it be the last.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Yep , you can almost see the noose tightening around their necks.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This is insane! Although, I had to get my sons physical's, before they entered into the school system. That was the only time. I could see, if the child had pain or an apparent problem. And it was a point for concern, they would suggest.... Well I'm glad I'm not in NY. Government school blow anyway, I'm sure this policy will try to make it's way to a school near everyone.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
My concern is that if you have two or three kids, then two dentist visits a year plus a physical every year is going to add up to some pretty pennies. Now, I'm all for taking responsibility for your kids, but I don't see the harm in narrowing some of those time frames down to once a year for the dental or every other year for the physical.

Or even, shockingly enough, keep track of your own body and your own health and go to the doctor/dentist when you notice something is off. Kids get sick enough that most of them are going to be in a doctor's office regularly enough to keep track of general health metrics, anyways, and with dental stuff, you're just making sure that they don't have puffy gums, constantly bad breath, and rotting teeth and that they're brushing/flossing. Any reasonably responsible parent can make sure that their kids is fairly well adjusted in the dental department, though a dental check every once in a while is definitely a good idea.

I also wonder what they're going to do if the parent in question is of limited mobility, doesn't have the luxury of taking all those days off work, or is too poor to afford that due to some kind of constraints like a layoff or something to that effect. Are they going to take the kid and put them in foster care or something?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
do you know how many people don't take care of their kids health?...schools have been sued over not calling authorities when measles or mumps infected a portion of kids at elementary schools. therefore, they have had to take some type of action, so that when they come to school they are not going to pass on some disease or sickness to other kids. even my own son back in the 90's told my wife and I, that there were kids that came to school who smelled and had dirty clothes on, there was an out break of lice at his elementary school one time. also, remember these schools are mostly run by local school boards, and rules like this are often generated by other parents complaints and election of people that take action.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
If they were actually concerned for the children's health it would be far more efficient and economical for them to have a dr and a dentist come to school and do exams there for a couple of days.
But it's not about the kids it's about control.
So what do they do to parents who cant afford to take their child to the dentist every 6 months? (which is too often for most kids anyway)
edit on 22-11-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Pinkorchid
reply to post by pstrron

Yep , you can almost see the noose tightening around their necks.

You do know that we can hear you right?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

jimmyx
do you know how many people don't take care of their kids health?...schools have been sued over not calling authorities when measles or mumps infected a portion of kids at elementary schools. therefore, they have had to take some type of action, so that when they come to school they are not going to pass on some disease or sickness to other kids. even my own son back in the 90's told my wife and I, that there were kids that came to school who smelled and had dirty clothes on, there was an out break of lice at his elementary school one time. also, remember these schools are mostly run by local school boards, and rules like this are often generated by other parents complaints and election of people that take action.

That's sad when a child isn't kept clean and therefore actually smells bad but mandatory dental isn't going to change a neglected child's life at home. Lice is not a medical disorder. Some people get it, & some don't for some reason. Mumps - if an outbreak it sounds like an issue with a vaccine batch. Kids are going to get sick regardless of doctor visits. None of what you said above justifies this much control over preventative health visits.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

NEW YORK ALWAYS SUCKED!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I don´t see anything wrong in it. There are way too many idiot parents out there, who do not have their children regularly checked out at doctors and this can cause serious problems in the future of the kid, if some disease is caught too late.

Here the doctor is at schools and checks the kids out every year. Just basic as weighing, measuring height, eyesight, asking about health issues etc. If for example, the kid complains about some issues or development is not normal or eyes are not fine, the doctor first asks the parents to take the kid to doctor. If they don´t, then school interferes and makes a doctor appointment (although healthcare is universal)

For kids going to different trainings, physical practices, the sports clubs are required to have every single under 19-year-old member of them have a full stress test and sports doctor check-up, including lung capacity test, blood analysis etc. It is covered by the government. Many kids around the world have simply dropped dead during the practics due to overtraining. Sports doctor determines whether there are some health issues, that might stop the kid from doing sports or not (a´la some heart problem or some other issue, which might become fatal, if the kid continues full trainings).

Some parents have their kids checked only when the problem arises, but sometimes this is already too late. Regular check-up are needed in order to prevent such issues and that should definitely not be parents choice, as it can become fatal for the kid or ruin his/her life. No parent should have the choice of harming their children in a negative way, whether because of their actions or inactions.

I see nothing wrong with this.
edit on 22-11-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Why anyone that actually values their personal freedom still resides in places like NY, Cali or the like is beyond me.

They are crap-holes, plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

So parents should have the personal freedom of killing their child? If a child dies of some issue, which could have been prevented by seeing a doctor on right time, it is an unintentional murder and nobody should have such choice over another persons life, whether they are their parents or not.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Cabin
reply to post by macman

So parents should have the personal freedom of killing their child? If a child dies of some issue, which could have been prevented by seeing a doctor on right time, it is an unintentional murder and nobody should have such choice over another persons life, whether they are their parents or not.

oh stop being so dramatic.
freedom of killing their kid because they didnt take the kid to the doctor by the date decided on by the school?
yeah, ok
starting when a child is born there is a schedule for exams and checkup as well as shots. the family doc sets the schedule for the well child exam. once the child(person) reaches a certian age you dont need an exam or physical as often save for if there are sports involved.
fact

edit*
as often meaning more than once per year

www.nlm.nih.gov...

schools are not doctors. they need to focus more on teaching as they all seem to lack in that department
edit on 22-11-2013 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

edit 2*
threatening to file medical neglect if an dental appointment is not made for a certain clinic by a certain time?
yeah, my daughter would be out of there on principal.
my daughter is only 15 months old and my wife and i are already debating on home school

we dont live in that state btw
edit on 22-11-2013 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I love it when you Progressives go off the deep end. It really shows your true colors as to just how much you think you and Govt should control the life of others.

The last time I checked, the children I fathered were MINE. Not yours. Not the Govts. Not the communities.

Unlike you, I am fully capable of making decisions for their welfare.

I understand that you aren't able to do this, and want the Govt to tell you what exactly you need to do for YOUR kids.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

What bothers me more about this letter is the dreadful grammar and wording used to write it. If this is written by a school, or government department it would seem that they themselves had "decaying teeth that hurt their school work".

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i just dont get this at all
i am not saying dont take your kid to the dentist but not going does not equal bad teeth. it just doesnt. that said, there is a schedule for that too.
schools need to stay out of the parenting arena and focus on academics.

do schools even have a nurse on staff anymore? just curious about that. its been a long time since i was in a classroom.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join