It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best thing you've ever seen on television?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

What's the best thing you've ever seen on television?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The little dot that fades out when you turn it off.....

Seriously? The Beatles on Ed Sullivan in 64 and the Moon Landing in 69 my dad woke me up to watch live (whether it really happened or not...it was awesome).

Oh yeah...and President Nixon resigning the Presidency....

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

The most memorable thing I have seen on old fashioned antenna television was the first Billy Graham Crusade in Russia before the Soviet Union ended. At his invitation to come recieve Christ, so many people rushed to the stage that Mr. Graham almost lost his composure. My father and I saw that together. It was a powerful sight to behold.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Lazarus Short
SERENITY

Actually that was the Movie - the TV series was Firefly.

And I think the question posed in the OP was TV you'd seen and remember but can't find.
edit on 20-11-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The best thing I have ever watched on TV, or most fond memory was when I used to stay up on a Friday Night around 9-10 yrs old and watch Horror movies on UK's bbc2 or channel 4.

I'm not talking horror by todays standards but the old Hammer classics and things like Plan 9 from outer space, Godzilla, fearless vampire killers.

Being in awe and watching them on a probably 15 inch TV.

Now I have a 50 inch TV (used as a monitor mainly) and I'd love to have that feeling again.

Biggest life changers were two documentaries I saw around 14 yrs old, one on Philip K Dick and the other one about Hunter S thompson. My life literally changed direction.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

Nice. Can you remember the names of the documentaries on Philip Dick and Hunter Thompson? I thought "Where the Buffalo Roam" and "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" were documentaries on Thompson, the way Bill Murray and Johnny Depp pulled them off.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

FyreByrd

Lazarus Short
SERENITY

Actually that was the Movie - the TV series was Firefly.

And I think the question posed in the OP was TV you'd seen and remember but can't find.
edit on 20-11-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

No, not just can't find, that was me in the OP talking about the two best things I've seen on TV, and by horrible coincidence are two things I can't find and have only seen once! But yes, people's best TV ever is the question.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

mysterioustranger
The little dot that fades out when you turn it off.....

Seriously? The Beatles on Ed Sullivan in 64 and the Moon Landing in 69 my dad woke me up to watch live (whether it really happened or not...it was awesome).

Oh yeah...and President Nixon resigning the Presidency....

Ah, if you're an American that Johnson speech saying he wasn't running again and the Nixon hearings and resignation speech must stay up there with the moon landings and The Beatles on Sullivan.

The first half minute of a quantum leap in TV are pretty fun too. When Hill Street Blues came on you knew there was nothing like it on television before. There were many other exact spots which changed TV forever, maybe Ellen's leaning into the microphone and saying she was gay led to social change in the world on gay issues just by making it okay to portray gay as normal on tv, which soon everyone was doing and it became so mainstream that what, they want to get married?, who cares, why not? TV does awesome things sometimes.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks for the clarification.

Which reminds me of something I saw not too long ago on TV and I swear I wasn't high.

After Obamas innaugeration (or possibly his election) not sure the news showed him going into a hanger alone at some airport. No Secret Service - just on his own. He was in there for 30 minutes and came out alone as well.

I've never seen it again, nor heard any mention of it either.

It's like the Bush II open mic statement on his innaueral about "...just so long at it us making the decisions" or some such.

I've seen that one since he left office but not the Obama one.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't watch much TV anymore. I watch Pawn Stars and Pickers on History simply because they're easy to enjoy and I actually like the characters.

Back when I was a kid, I loved James Bond, Doctor Who, Airwolf and stuff like that. There was so much junk on TV at all of the times when I was allowed to watch. Anything that had a little bit of tech appeal was appreciated. I've always been easily seduced by gadgets, technology and sci-fi concepts.

I'd say in my younger years, Star Trek was the most reliable show for me to watch and enjoy.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Some blasts from the past...

The V miniseries was probably the first TV show I really just had to watch, in lieu of doing anything else for that hour.

Also in the 80's, there were two alien specials that came on, UFO CoverUp Live! and these were pretty amazing, especially since there seemed to be some kind of news blackout on it, even though prior to the show, there were all kinds of press coverage planned after...that then just never happened. No explanation, no anything.

The show LOST...no real way to end it and satisfy viewers, but they did an awesome job of keeping viewers on their mental toes.

The Day After....this miniseries single-handedly scared the hell out of everyone of my generation, and showed the horror of a nuclear war better than anything before or since.

Not good things, but TV allowed me to see history as it happened. I saw the Challenger blow up live, and the second plane hit the WTC live.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
" Little House on The Prairie" The best show to ever hit American television in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dogsounds

I adored "I Claudius"...my Mother was a Masterpiece Theater addict! She always let my younger sister and I stay up on Sunday nights to watch. The characters were all so deliciously dark and interesting. Livia was the epitome of evil and power, and you know I kinda liked that...*huh* Women with POWER can rule...bwwhhaaa!

Pretty exotic stuff for a ten year old girl from Dallas in 1976.

Thanks for the memories.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join