It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House asked about report on secret JFK files.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Last May JFK Facts broke the story that the CIA retains 1,100 secret documents related to the assassination of President Kennedy, including files on seven key personalities in the JFK story.

Yesterday, questions about those records reached the White House, according to McClatchy DC.

“‘I haven’t had a discussion with the president about Kennedy’s assassination — President Kennedy’s assassination,’ Press Secretary Jay Carney said. He said he’s also not talked with Obama about whether classified files that have not yet been released in the case should be released.”

White House asked about report on secret JFK files.

If this administration is truly about "Transparency". Here's a way to prove it! Force the release of the remaining files that the CIA is keeping.What if any national security significance would these files would have after 50 years? Some how I don't think The Agency is using 50 year old intelligence methods now.So,that old argument is moot.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I would imagine it's because some of the players involved are still alive. Take George HW Bush.....and there are others. Power always protects itself.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

" If this administration is truly about "Transparency". Here's a way to prove it! Force the release of the remaining files that the CIA is keeping.What if any national security significance would these files would have after 50 years? Some how I don't think The Agency is using 50 year old intelligence methods now.So,that old argument is moot. "

Why should the C.I.A. Incriminate itself by doing that I might ask ? Rumor has it They were Involved...........

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The CIA will more than likely fight tooth and nail to protect that information from ever getting into the President's hands or anyone close to him.

Can't hide the truth forever, though.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Doubtful we will get anything.

Or maybe will will. It'll probably look similar to this:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Very true.Can't let the family jewels be revealed.No way will the current figurehead and his handlers will take on the intelligence community that would actually require guts!
Something they do not have.
edit on 063030p://2026 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
By the time those records are released, not only will they still be heavily redacted due to 'national security concerns', but the national populace will answer with a resounding, "Kennedy Who??"

top topics

join