It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Rep. Uses Sledgehammer To Destroy Homeless People’s Shopping Carts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sounds like he has way too much free time.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

What does Democrats or Republicans have to do with this? I'm a gay woman and I could say that many "Republicans" are quite hateful as well. In fact one of my friends got sent to the hospital by one of them for holding hands with his boyfriend.

Either way though, hateful people are just that. What political party they belong to is negligible.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
uh guys? please don't label him a sociopath, there is a big difference between what he is doing and what a sociopath does. this is anti-social behavior, but what defines sociopath is pervasive negative behavior over the persons lifetime, not one instance of it.
sociopaths also don't care about others and their problems, clearly he does or he wouldn't be destroying carts in a bid to fix the homeless problem.

no, this guy has just run out of good ideas, now he is pulling from his "bad idea" pile. you can't psycho-analyze a guy from one video, come on people think! what he is doing is dumb but he isn't mentally ill, even if they did ask someone who they claim is a psychologist, i mean she says people should be concerned because he is somehow hurting people. he is breaking carts or returning them, no one is getting hurt!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Not true. And we do not know how this man behaves in his personal life or when he's not being charming in front of the camera.

Here is the Mayo clinic's sociopathy symptoms:

Superficial charm and good intelligence
Absence of delusions and other signs of irrational thinking
Absence of nervousness or neurotic manifestations
Unreliability
Untruthfulness and insincerity
Lack of remorse and shame
Inadequately motivated antisocial behavior
Poor judgment and failure to learn by experience
Pathologic egocentricity and incapacity for love
General poverty in major affective reactions
Specific loss of insight
Unresponsiveness in general interpersonal relations
Fantastic and uninviting behavior with alcohol and sometimes without
Suicide threats rarely carried out
Sex life impersonal, trivial, and poorly integrated
Failure to follow any life plan

Antisocial personality disorder signs and symptoms may include:

Disregard for right and wrong
Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or for sheer personal pleasure
Intense egocentrism, sense of superiority and exhibitionism
Recurring difficulties with the law
Repeatedly violating the rights of others by the use of intimidation, dishonesty and misrepresentation
Child abuse or neglect
Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, impulsiveness, aggression or violence
Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behaviors
Poor or abusive relationships
Irresponsible work behavior
Failure to learn from the negative consequences of behavior

A politician who disregards basic empathy for the homeless and also disregards how his voters might take to him grabbing bat and violently destroying shopping carts...

Yeah you're right...none of that fits possible sociopathic behavior...

edit on 20-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I don't understand why he won't return all the carts? I'm suprised the local retail stores don't charge him with vandalism of their property.. Those carts are quite expensive and the number that he's trashed should put him in at 1000 dollars worth of damage.. Pretty serious if a merchant wanted to push the issue..

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

Pretty much to paraphrase his justification:

"I don't think it's right for people to steal karts from stores so I'm gonna smash them whenever I see them. That will show... somebody... something... OOOH, KART! STATE REP SMASH!!!!"

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

If I was a business owner and caught wind of this and saw some of my store carts smashed, I'd have that guy arrested for property damage.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

IceHappy
reply to post by FirePiston

I know people can be charged in possession of stolen property but surely there is a statue on destruction of stolen property!!! IMHO the moment this unbalanced person takes that cart and moves it that he is now in "Possession of Stolen Property" moving stolen property not to return it as he should be but to destroy that.

Shopping carts 35 years ago when I was working at Co-Op Bottle Shop paying my way through University were costing the company $295.99! The Store Manager announced the price of $295.00 each so that if we see one on the way to work to return it! I added the $.99 as all prices have a $.99 on the end LOL, I am sure he was rounding down.....

My point is 30 * $295.99 = $8879.70 now if someone uplifts that price to todays real value I believe we have a value of a nice nearly new car.... If someone steals said car and destroys it correct me if I am wrong is Grand Thief Auto! Some of the carts should be identified by store managers... why has no charges been filed?????

Stores in Sunnyvale had electronic brake-tags on the wheels - if the trolley left the car-park, the wheels would automatically lock up. Wheel motion would drive a dynamo which charged up a capacitor giving the system enough power as long as it moved. But if there was no radio signal, no brake unlocking.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

What a complete A-hole. So instead of working on the problem of homelessness, you go around smashing their shopping carts? This is unbelievably STUPID.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I hate that he can do this. If anybody walked around the streets wearing fingerless gloves and a 10 lb sledgehammer, they would be questioned and very possibly brought in for questioning. If they swung it in public...arrested. If that swung it in public and destroyed someone's property? You see where I'm going. Hell, if I found a shopping basket, say on my street, and decided it no longer belong to the store (who's name is ALL OVER THE DAMN THING) and decided to use it as a wheelbarrow...again, you see where I'm going. The local P.D. Are responsible for allowing it. STOP HIM! If not for the attitude he has against the homeless (and face it, THAT is what it's really about, then do it to stop a crime in progress.
It's not rocket science coppers....

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm just looking forward to the inevitable video of him messing up and bouncing that sledgehammer into his face or smashing his shin to pulp!

It's fairly obvious he's never used one before!

What a total muppet.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Redboxin

Hawaii doesn't have too many RV's....

It is an island where would you take one? After living in Hawaii for about six years I never remember seeing one.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

eggman90
State Rep. Tom Brower (D) is going around town smashing homeless people's shopping carts. Hopefully this is a symbolic reference to his future as a politician. What a madman.

The people of Hawaii need to know about this lunatic.

Send this wannabe an email or call his office and let him and his staff know that people of the U.S. do NOT tolerate this type of behavior. He needs to be removed from office and possibly be tested for bipolar.

Let him know picking on the poor and the weak will not be tolerated!

House District 22
Hawaii State Capitol
Room 315
phone: 808-586-8520
[email protected]
edit on 21-11-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is how I deal with the homeless in Pennsylvania

Here

You may be surprised to not find shopping carts, sledge hammers, or politicians.

LoL this video in the OP reminds me of lost children trying to do something stupid to get attention of the "cool" kids only this is some idiot trying to amuse the people more powerful then him to accept him or something along them lines. I wonder what his stance is on bullying by the way? And he swings that sledge hammer like a pussy he probably did in only 30 kart wheels cause his moisturized hands cant handle more then 3 a day, I wonder what his body guard feels like lugging around a hammer all day for his principle so he can smash some kart wheels for tv he must feel like an ass for sure. I know if I was him I would!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
He's destroying stolen property under the assumption it's abandoned simply because the thief abandoned said stolen property without verifying if it has in fact been legally abandoned. Has the owner filed an insurance claim? Are the insurers then not the legal owners of said property?

I completely agree regarding the evocation of violence against the homeless. He's doing nothing other than making a spectacle of himself to garner political attention while destroying economic capital.
edit on 22-11-2013 by DerbyGawker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

This had me laughing out loud.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Looks like popular opinion went against him,
though he's trying to spin it his way

Rep. Brower says he is putting down his sledgehammer

"It's time to put down the sledgehammer. The point that I was trying to make has been made," Brower (D-Ala Moana, Waikiki) told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser Tuesday. "Now that the issue of shopping carts is on our minds, the question is are we going to move forward and try to solve it or just let it become status quo."

[...]

"I'm not trying to attack the homeless," Brower said. "I'm trying to attack the issue of cleanliness, but some people interpreted as an attack on the homeless.

hopefully next elections Hawaiians will take a sledgehammer to his political aspirations and career.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

I hope someone files charges against him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join