It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Rep. Uses Sledgehammer To Destroy Homeless People’s Shopping Carts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What a prick. This doesn't help rid the homeless, what kind of logic is that?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This guy is a jackass. People aren't homeless by choice and doing this won't help them in any way.

I wonder if he's been hanging out with rob ford recently.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Some should call 911 and report a deranged person running around with with a sledge hammer.

Can't imagine if any of us tried that it would turn out well. Cops shoot people for brandishing a remote control or a wallet, but a sledge hammer. Brandishing a weapon is a crime in most places.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Bright orange basket....i am sure it is obvious where they came from. That company should send him a bill for their replacement. I would think that due to his position as a legislator, he would have a duty to act when in possession of a stolen item.

They should also sue him for defamation. from the perspective of protecting your trademark, they may have a case (given that it is a US corporate court he would be sued in).

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I found Brower's car abandoned.
I guess he didn't need it so we remodeled it for him with a sledgehammer.
I'm sure he would approve of our efforts to clean up the community.
What a heartless bastard.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I love how he thinks it's just as threatening to steal a shopping cart as it is to run around with a sledge hammer and break the shopping carts.

The thing that none of these people get is that until we stop trying to criminalize extreme poverty in this country by making it illegal to camp or panhandle and junk, until we actually do something about the ridiculously flimsy mental health safety net, and until we make it to where people in that situation can get a leg up instead of a hand out, it's never, ever going away.

The underlying message here is "go away, homeless people, we hate your poverty, and you make middle class people nervous". Nobody actually give's a hill of beans about those shopping carts, that's just an excuse.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I certainly do understand his frustration. For many years now a number of psychiatric hospitals, including the VA, would give patients with nowhere to go, that they couldn't hold, a one way ticket to Honolulu, enough meds for the flight, and a ride to the airport.

When investigated for this practice, at least one hospital said "it's always warm there. They can live on the beach and not have to worry about freezing to death."

That said, this is the complete wrong way to go about fixing the problem.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'd like to know what the hell makes this moron think that he has the legal right to destroy private property... not to mention walking around public streets carrying a sledge hammer and then smashing that private property violently in public venues (ie: parks, etc) out in the open during daylight hours when other people are around ?!

If the average citizen were to walk around doing something like that, they'd be arrested for "disturbing the peace", get charged with being a potential threat to public safety, destroying private property, and then slapped with a fine... and probably have to go through a psyche evaluation to determine whether or not they should be allowed to freely roam the streets.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wonder....do the establishments that own those shopping carts have any recourse against him for destruction of property? Nevermind that the carts were stolen by homeless folks; we got video of this jerk destroying property that does not belong to him. Certainly, the homeless have no recourse; but, surely, the actual owners of the carts are owed something.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
[personal info removed]

What can I say other than agree with what everyone else has said......Pathetic form of life that one.
edit on 11/20/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: [personal info removed]

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
what a disgusting low-life piece of crap... (his campaign TV ad could say) ARE YOU HOMELESS?, WELL COME ON DOWN AND I'LL MAKE SURE YOU FEEL MORE WORTHLESS BY DESTROYING THE SHOPPING CART YOU LIVE OUT OF...WHY??... BECAUSE I'M TOO STUPID AND LAZY TO THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO TO HELP YOU......VOTE FOR ME!!!!
edit on 19-11-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Shouldn't he be golfing, or at a fundraiser or something? Since he was destroying private property instead where's the mug-shot??!! Sheesh!!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wow. This guy is a giant stinking purple prolapsed bulging asshole. Nice fingerless gloves there, Mr Compasion. What if someone bashed his vehicle in with a sledgehammer? A lot of the homeless there are Native Hawaiians. Haven't we done enough to the original owners of this country?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
He just cemented not ever getting elected anywhere ever again.

From the article at thinkprogress.org...

Uncontent to just destroy homeless people’s items, Brower is also on a mission to wake those he finds sleeping and tell them to sleep somewhere else. “If someone is sleeping at night on the bus stop, I don’t do anything, but if they are sleeping during the day, I’ll walk up and say, ‘Get your ass moving,’” he said.

What a heartless scummer.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

On a related note, Hawaii has the largest homeless population in the country "but rather than build more shelters or offer more services for the poor, lawmakers approved $100,000 over the next two years to offer one-way flights off the islands to any of the state’s estimated 17,000 homeless persons."

source

This guy is horrible even for a politician. They way he blithely says, "I think it's a good thing!" makes me wonder if he's a sociopath--he seems completely unaware of his callousness and his lack of empathy.

Aloha...yeah, right.
edit on 19-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Sure, shuffle 'em around, that's the ticket. Let some other state worry about it. Better yet, let's find a big island we can just dump them all on. Out of sight, out of mind right?

/obvious disgust and sarcasm is obvious
edit on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:18:20 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

So let me see if I have this right...

Other states dump their homeless and psych patients on Hawaii, who is then horrible for not spending a ton of money building shelters and just accepting the fact that they're the homeless dumping ground for the US? That's logic for you.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

And turning around and doing the same crap other states are supposedly doing to them is a good thing?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

But, but , I thought Dems Loved Homeless People ? I mean , they are Creating More and More of them Every Day ...........

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

But, but , I thought Dems Loved Homeless People ? I mean , they are Creating More and More of them Every Day ...........

He's obviously a DINO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join