It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buoys turned off? Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are welcome. It is a jewel of a site. I have been using it to pin down a location for my super duper top secret hot air balloon project.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Acoustic data is received from sensors embedded on the sea floor. Putting them near the surface would pick up everything from rain, to waves, to birds and would require massive power to filter.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

At the top of the page you linked to, it now says (in red):

NDBC is currently experiencing network issues. We hope to have the issue resolved soon.

In other words, it's just a technical problem. No reason why their site should be entirely immune from such things. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Zaphod58

Acoustic data is received from sensors embedded on the sea floor. Putting them near the surface would pick up everything from rain, to waves, to birds and would require massive power to filter.

I supposed that those buoys could possibly be like the US Navy Sonobuoy system, where the hydrophones are located at a certain depth, and the acoustic info is transmitted via a radio in the buoy. Lots of different types of buoys have cables attached to the bottom of them, whether it is an anchor cable or data transmission cable.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The Pacific has a similar system to SOSUS just not as developed as it is in the Atlantic. They don't have the same natural choke points, so they rely a lot on mobile detection there.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

All China would have to do is ramp up their military ,arm them with paring knives to have a successful attack on the usa . No need for nukes and the like ...Heck most of the US military is half way around the world in the many military bases watching over national security .lol China ,in my opinion uses a different tactic than might is right . With all those US dollars they have they can buy the politicians and put on the biggest sale at Wall Mart to win the hearts and minds of most Americans ..As for the rest, welll they can starve them out with rejected memberships to Costco .

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well I hear that the NSA has the power to filter every crossed t and dotted i so the noise is not an issue imo .

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

The NSA isn't the Navy though. The Navy doesn't have all the assets that the NSA has when it comes to a system like that.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Hey they are just another 3 letter group that works and manipulates every thing for the cause .I think personally that its all controlled by the Jesuits ....Well at least anything that is worth controlling ....peace

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Please excuse me for not knowing? But what is the Southern Atlantic anomaly?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stevenjames15

Here is a link to the Wikipedia page for it....

Southern Atlantic Anomaly

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Looking at that map there is a whole area around the southern U.S , that is particularly being under monitored.

The site has been taken off line so I am unable to look at any updates , but do others find this peculiar?

edit on 18-11-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow, just got home, thanks for all the replies!

Here is a YT video from David Vose
ESCAPE from NEW YORK - Florida Louisiana or Calif - LEAVE!

???

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have never seen this. This site did not go down during the shutdown as it was deemed necessary as an early warning as was the USGS website. It is down for me too.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Looks like the site is back up now...still have some red buoys but most are reporting data now.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Thanks Butcherguy!

edit on 18-11-2013 by Stevenjames15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

And there was one just south of Indonesia that is no longer even displayed. It was a favorite of many folks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join