It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buoys turned off? Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Don't have time to elaborate, gotta go out.

Look here
www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

Anyone have an explanation?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

berkeleygal
Don't have time to elaborate, gotta go out.

Look here
www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

Anyone have an explanation?

Oooo...juicy doom. Not sure but don't think I have ever seen that on this map. Could be a cyber attack from Anon on their site or their equipment me thinks.....plenty of fresh articles about Anon attacking government sites lately so this could be the latest. Nothing like shutting down the early warning system to put people in panic mode.
edit on 11/18/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Could be that the climate scare mongers need to re-adjust the data and make claims that wouldn't show up in to show where the missing heat is . Not a big deal for some but I am sure there are some that watch that kind of stuff real real close .

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

That's probably more like it..the data from the buoys is proving the hoax / scam and not reinforcing it.

Hence...get rid of the incriminating evidence by turning off the flow of data.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Strange.. There are a few of them still working. I don't know what it means. I can't get the site to load now so ill just say a little more here. The red dots on the map are buoys that have no data for the last 8 hours. the yellow ones do have data. And actually if any of those stations are tsunami stations and are red they have no received data for 24 hours.

"1192 stations deployed
75 have reported in the past 8 hours"

edit on 11/18/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/18/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Buoy, this is interesting. I couldn't get the site to load, it timed out for some reason. It is hard for me to make a guess without information. Maybe solar activity is interfering with the signal, Our antenna signal has been weak for the last two days, I need to buy a ten dollar small booster. It may be because of communication with the buoys, digital signals block out worse than analog.

Wow, someone just posted a picture above me, this is weird.
edit on 18-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Great spot berkeleygal, thanks for sharing.

I will await for more info first on this before making any judgements (been burnt before on buoys!). It turns out they are rather sensitive little souls (which you wouldn't really expect would you?) and all sorts of things can "knock them off" from raging seas to ocean debris to whales. Sometimes, they simply come loose and get damaged that way.

Basically, until more info crops up, there could be a whole raft of reasons for this from the sinister end of the range to the, frankly, pathetic!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

rickymouse
Buoy, this is interesting. I couldn't get the site to load, it timed out for some reason. It is hard for me to make a guess without information. Maybe solar activity is interfering with the signal, Our antenna signal has been weak for the last two days, I need to buy a ten dollar small booster. It may be because of communication with the buoys, digital signals block out worse than analog.

You are not alone.
The page loaded initially for me, but with no data on buoys.

I tried reloading, and it will not load for me now.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I hope the internet doesn't go down, lousy day outside, windy and snowy here. I suppose I could go rearrange the freezers, My side of beef is being butchered today and we will be picking it up on Wednesday or Thursday.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

At least you will have several meals of fresh beef.
I like it so much better than after it has been frozen.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
That's a lot of missing data. I can see a few going down but for large section to provide no data in the near the same location that's just odd. I wounder if they're not just no sending data or the location the data is being sent has changed and the site does not reflect that change yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Could someone check to make sure that the SOUTH ATLANTIC ANOMALLY is not moving please!
I just don't nned any DOOM right now . OTAY?!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Weird. Thanks for sharing though. S&F!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Went back and checked when they last sent data and they all seem to have stop at the same time. But I only had time to check 6 of them, two off the south coast of the US, one off the mid East coast and two off the West coast.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Does the US military receive data (such as acoustic signatures) from these buoys?

If so, maybe the Chinese have hacked them and taken them down so they could more easily moved their subs into position off the East and West coasts for a surprise attack launch of nuclear missiles.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

If the beef is aged at least two weeks, it is good after being frozen. The stuff in the stores isn't that good after being froze, it has too much of the water in it from wet aging. No comparison

Sorry OP for being off topic.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Yule C Mann
Could someone check to make sure that the SOUTH ATLANTIC ANOMALLY is not moving please!
I just don't nned any DOOM right now . OTAY?!!!

Ummm yeah....SAA moving would be quite interesting should that occur.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well that many buoys going down at once for actual data they wanted to hide wouldn't need hiding. Activity at that level had a movie made about it. 2012 was the name...

It looks a WHOLE lot like the entire USGS Seismographic network going down (and still down as of this morning) starting well before the 'Gov't shut down'. We still see quake reports and I am sure we'll still see tsunami reports too. We just may not get individual and direct raw data to see.....just like much of the quake-network is no longer there.

Heck.. What did we need raw data for anyway, right? We're just ignorant peasants. We probably wouldn't know what to do with it anyway. (sigh)..

I'm becoming more and more glad about having stockpiled thousands of pages of raw data for things over the years. It seems even that isn't reliable to find anymore.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I get my buoy data from this site. Did not notice many "down".

www.sailflow.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Oh a thousand thank yous for that website! ! !

It'll take me awhile to figure out how to integrate some of that data, but the data points shown on the water itself indicate different equipment for readings. I LOVE the Multi-Map on the end too.

Definitely an added resource to my real-time monitoring folder!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join