It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You decide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
OK my neighbor, who is a huge Obama supporter - she campaigned for him many times - celebrated the ACA by making a jubilant post on her FB page when it passed - is insured by a carrier that does not provide coverage in NYS. I know this because her mail was inadvertently delivered to me and her statement, which I have not opened, was in it. On the other hand, my policy was canceled because of the ACA and I was dropped.

A little further information before I get to the vote choices. She bought a condo from me in a building I redesigned/rebuilt. I still own the majority of the shares, so when issues arise, I am the person to speak with. However, she often times has been a pest regarding various issues and once had an attorney send me a letter for an issue she created herself - she damaged the sprinkler system and then didn't want to pick up the costs.

I recently got a dog who is now 9 months old. He's a German Shepherd. He's a good dog, very obedient and does not make a nuisance of himself. However on one occasion, I was to leave my door unlocked so that someone could come by and walk him while I was out helping my elderly folks with things, but locked the door inadvertently instead of unlocked it. Understandably he was barking when this person was outside trying to get in. This neighbor of mine called me to complain and made a much bigger issue of it than was necessary. She often does that with things. She expects everyone to toe the line, but it seems she doesn't with her out of state policy - a state she lived in 4 years ago.

So should I:

1. call the insurer and turn her in?
2. call her out on it and hold it over her head so she might tone it down a bit?
3. none of the above and just let it go?

I was pissed I lost my policy because of a policy she exuberantly supported - the ACA. Now I'm without coverage other than hospitalization until I can find something else.

It's funny how people conduct themselves and the things they support when they are not effected. She also has a housekeeper that works off the books, so that person is also not only not paying into the system, she and her family get publicly assisted healthcare. They own a house and are not impoverished. My neighbor is fine with that. She's just concerned that her house gets cleaned.

So what say you ATS? The power is in your hands.

*Mod if this is in the wrong spot, please move to where it's appropriate.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Normally I would suggest just letting this pass. However, since she's proven herself to be a pain in the you know what my recommendation is crush her like a bug.

These kinds of people will continue to disrupt others while taking no personal responsibility of their own. Sometimes they just need a reality check.

Noted I don't have all the information but from your post I'm going with what you've said. Sorry if I offend anyone but those types of people really bug me.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I say #4 call her out let her know what you are doing (for her own good of course) and then turn her in. As for the illegal house keeper, they should be protected as well. I would imagine that the proper government agency should be contacted((IRS)again for her/his protection). After all that is what we the taxpayers are paying for.
edit on 11/17/2013 by colddeadhands because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Bilk22

Normally I would suggest just letting this pass. However, since she's proven herself to be a pain in the you know what my recommendation is crush her like a bug.

These kinds of people will continue to disrupt others while taking no personal responsibility of their own. Sometimes they just need a reality check.

Noted I don't have all the information but from your post I'm going with what you've said. Sorry if I offend anyone but those types of people really bug me.
Well thanks for your response. I'm generally a live and let live person. I think we all see people who from time to time, act without discretion or the concern for anyone other than themselves, but are willing to give it a pass. The glass house and stones thing you know
No one is perfect.

This isn't the first experience I've had with a person of liberal bent, who doesn't walk the talk. I make no bone on my positions and have been called out on them. Living where I do, I see many people living one way and espousing their viewpoints another - private schools for their kids, BMWs, well you know the rest. I guess they need to wash their hands from time to time.

So there's one vote for sending her to the exchanges. Noted

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

colddeadhands
reply to post by Bilk22

I say #4 call her out let her know what you are doing (for her own good of course) and then turn her in. As for the illegal house keeper, they should be protected as well. I would imagine that the proper government agency should be contacted((IRS)again for her/his protection). After all that is what we the taxpayers are paying for.
edit on 11/17/2013 by colddeadhands because: (no reason given)

Well #4 is basically #1 as she will know it was me when I hand her her mail. But I guess you're saying give her an earful as well

The housekeeper thing is something that always troubled me. The girl is a legal resident and not here illegally. Her husband works, but I guess their combined income would put them over a threshold and they wouldn't qualify for the subsidized insurance. I hate being put in a position where I have to look the other way. Not doing so cost me a very well paying, highly prominent job a long time ago. I was a whistleblower and it cost me my job and I was blackballed from the industry. I guess good came from it as it forced me to become my own boss.

OK 2 votes for sending her to the exchanges.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

OK my neighbor, who is a huge Obama supporter - she campaigned for him many times - celebrated the ACA by making a jubilant post on her FB page when it passed - is insured by a carrier that does not provide coverage in NYS. I know this because her mail was inadvertently delivered to me and her statement, which I have not opened, was in it. On the other hand, my policy was canceled because of the ACA and I was dropped.

Wait what? So you have some of your neighbor's mail, you're pissed because she complained to a third party about your dog barking and so because you saw on her FB that she's an Obama supporter and apparently a supporter of the PPACA, you're wondering if you should "turn her in."

Glad I don't live in your building--between the whiny neighbors and the snoops, sounds like a lot of drama.

You're assuming that you have something to dime her out about. If you in fact didn't open her mail (and why would you still have somebody else's mail?), how do you know what is or is not in that envelope and why would you be entitled to know? You both sound like terrible neighbors.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

theantediluvian
reply to post by Bilk22

Wait what? So you have some of your neighbor's mail, you're pissed because she complained to a third party about your dog barking and so because you saw on her FB that she's an Obama supporter and apparently a supporter of the PPACA, you're wondering if you should "turn her in."

Glad I don't live in your building--between the whiny neighbors and the snoops, sounds like a lot of drama.

You're assuming that you have something to dime her out about. If you in fact didn't open her mail (and why would you still have somebody else's mail?), how do you know what is or is not in that envelope and why would you be entitled to know? You both sound like terrible neighbors.
LOL you jump to conclusions my friend. The envelop was inside my Sports Illustrated that was delivered to my mailbox. She is away for the weekend. I'll hand it to her when she returns. Just wondering what action to take - or not. Thanks for your input though.

Edit: It's obviously a billing statement from United Healthcare. In used to get one from Emblem until the ACA kicked in.
edit on 17-11-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

Edit 2: Not a third party. She called me to complain when I was miles away taking my 94 year old father to the doctor.
edit on 17-11-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
In all fairness though, in all things one must allow things to pass. Next is the I told you so, and you again let it pass. Happens again, one must allow it to become clear It shall never happen again!

Then again, you could just be pissed off you lost something and have to place blame on another. Since you should have given the mail to Her in the first place has me at a question! Are you 2 at war with each other or is this new?

Or are you a Chruch going person who thinks being nice will teach anyone a lesion? No one said it had to be all Evil in doing this though. Getting someone back is stupid, teaching them something is what its all about!

Or you can just invite her over for dinner, wine and a movie like real people do. Have a talk like in the old days when people were people! I miss them Days!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Personally I would do #2. I am not big on turning people in, as I treat others how I want to be treated, and I can't say I have ever enjoyed people tattling on things that aren't even an issue, but then dealing with whatever authority figure they ran to becomes an issue (nuisance).

Dealing directly with people is favourable to me. In this case, you might have something that could take her down a notch.

I never understood when people get anal with issues that are easily resolved with a little diplomatic touch. She sounds like a pain in the ass.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

infoseeker26754
In all fairness though, in all things one must allow things to pass. Next is the I told you so, and you again let it pass. Happens again, one must allow it to become clear It shall never happen again!

Then again, you could just be pissed off you lost something and have to place blame on another. Since you should have given the mail to Her in the first place has me at a question! Are you 2 at war with each other or is this new?

Or are you a Chruch going person who thinks being nice will teach anyone a lesion? No one said it had to be all Evil in doing this though. Getting someone back is stupid, teaching them something is what its all about!

Or you can just invite her over for dinner, wine and a movie like real people do. Have a talk like in the old days when people were people! I miss them Days!

She's not home for me to return it. She will be home tomorrow so I will give her the envelop tomorrow.

As I said, I am a live and let live person unless I see them being destructive to themselves or others. However, she is one of those people who never lets anyone get away with anything - type A control freak. Maybe she needs a taste of her own medicine? Pun there somewhere.
She thought the ACA was great and here she is circumventing the exchanges and the whole program.

Ah, knowing myself, I'll probably do a modest #2. Just to let her know she should cool her jets. We live in a communal building. As a lib from the 60s she should appreciate that idea and not get so uptight about things. Heck, when she has problems, I always helped her even though our business relationship regarding a builder's warranty has been long over. I'm not sure she appreciates that idea.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Still the ACM and the Obama thing does Not factor into any of this. Just cause she loves Obama has nothing to do with it anyway. She has nothing to do with losing your insurance since Obama Care is a scam anyway!

Come on, its okay. You Hate the #! Everyone of us has that Someone we Hate in our lives, pure and clean hate though.First one must decide if it is only a Reflection of oneself; like looking in the mirror.

If you can say No! Then might I suggest Kindness! #4 Give them so much Love that they will run off leaving you alone and not bother you ever! Unless she is a witch though, then plan #27 includes having a black cat! Now if #27 will not work, try # 67, send her Roses yet leave no note!

Last thing to do if all else fails it to consider her as non-existant person yet living.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

she is one of those people who never lets anyone get away with anything - type A control freak.

ha and your a real live and let live type of guy. you wouldn't bitch about it over the internet or anything.

i dont know what your problem is, and i dont care.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Rikku

she is one of those people who never lets anyone get away with anything - type A control freak.

ha and your a real live and let live type of guy. you wouldn't bitch about it over the internet or anything.

i dont know what your problem is, and i dont care.
So you responded for the heck of it? LOL

Thought I'd have some fun with it. In some way I saw it as karma. The dog thing just happened and it followed another incident. She's a give a foot and will take a yard kind of person. Never had any real animosity toward her. I invite her to BBQs, family parties, etc. But she does know how to get under your skin without trying.

OK I'm done. When I hand her the envelop, I ask her if she likes her insurance as mine was cancelled due to the recent events and I'm shopping around. I'll base any further action on what she says

top topics

join