It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost world -- what happened to Mars?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by DJW001

Wrong approach, learn to follow the scientific method padawan.

The boiling off theory is but one of many. The problem with the boiling off theory is that it means the heat of the core and magnetism must then be proven to be a major component of gravity, and that has yet to be established. If Mar's didn't have the mass to create a thick atmosphere similar to Earth's, then how did it ever have such an atmosphere?

Until far more is known, it is a good idea to keep ones mind open to the many possibilities.

Looks like you need to keep up!!! because the core cooled and the magnetic field of the planet failed the SOLAR WIND removed the atmosphere.

The Earth would have the same problem if we lost our magnetic field

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

or maybe dark helmet and president skroob in spaceballs one came by and vacuumed up the atmosphere?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
PNAS need to work on a new acronym.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by LABTECH767

Thanks for that intriguing picture of Phobos. I don't know about mass drivers from Mining doing that, though. To my eye I see tumbling boulders bouncing in slow motion around and around in a low gravity field. That must have been some impact.

Now I see what you mean but I can not agree, the force necessary to couse this formation given the density of the material of phobos (not its overall density as it has to be hollow and the singluar impact craters allow for a relative determination of density) would require a great deal of force and the gravity of phobus is such that the object would not have been able to bounce around without bouncing off as it would require constant downward (in relation to the gravity of phobos which is weak) force and enought kinetic latteral energy to bore out the furrows which is simply not likely, there are a number of other anomolys in the solar system not all of which are so easily thought on but here is my personal favorite,

from apollo 17 and yes rocks but look more closely and remember these are black and white images in a very light saturated environment, see the scattering of stones were the surface dust looks to have been displaced forming a very shallow scar on the surface of the moon from lower right to middle left and notice the structures "Boulder" which I regard as wreckage (very Ancient) now lets look to the right of the image and closer to the camera.

and just to hielight that in case you do not see,

Then there is this near the center of the frame which is also intriguing,

and here is the whole scene again with those areas of interest heilighted,

Now here is the object furthest to the left, note the domed flange at the top of the BOULDER hanging by a thin hollow BENT piece of ROCK (Or metal structure badly beaten up does a car look like a car after being hit by a semi no well how much different must this look after crashing at god knows what speed into the moon)

you will note also that these relics are covered with a thick layer of dust as is the surface scar with adds to evidence of great age, in order to promote enquiry I posted a thread in which I deliberatly linked it to the russian missions but I already knew it was nothing to do with them, so that I could bring the debunkers out of the woodwork, I have seen better than these but you have to admit this is better than the c3p0 head.

This relates very strongly to this thread in that if there was life, intelligent or not in the solar system at the time the thread author states then that increased exponentially the possabillity that there hypothesis is correct, but for me I have to ask, as this looks humanoid were these human or human ancestors and are the UFO another branch of there descendants making these a common ancestor of both (or more) species.

And one final image, this is caseys rock from taurus littrow valley, this is the nasa archive expedition frame and a comparison to the public release image will show multiple discrepencys such as the solenoid or piston arrangement on the center of image leg in shadow but visible, this was released under freedom of information request by a now defunct lunar research group whom included scientists and archeologists convinced there was something we were not being told.

edit on 17-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Interesting picture of that impact crater on the moon. I guess the premise (with the astronaut shape) is that was a "craft" that crashed there? You do realize that velocities of many kilometers per second would vaporize any object beyond recognition, especially a human shaped one?

Large rocks are thrown out of Volcanoes many miles on Earth. This one erupted from Mt. Lassen in the early 1900's. This is in California where I live, I visited it. You can zoom on the sign and read the print. Its documented and witnessed by people after the eruption. I would expect bigger rocks to be thrown even further in the low gravity field of the moon.

2.bp.blogspot.com...

Finally, take a look at the paths tumbling boulders take on the moon. The boulders are visible at the end of their track. The impressions have the same "hopping" appearance as the ones on Phobos, no?

d1jqu7g1y74ds1.cloudfront.net...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Why would a planet so much smaller than Earth have the largest volcano in the solar system?

Isn't your answer already on your question ?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I suggest you compare your image of TRACYS ROCK

With this when loaded click on picture for full size.

Tracys Rock

To be honest the only picture that looks edited is yours!

edit on 17-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It's an interesting theory to say the least. I'm not sure there latest project is there to even vaguely look into this hypothesis however.

If that large caldera on mars were to have been formed when the planet ejected a core, wouldn't the rest of the planet be shaped rather odd as the exterior collapsed in on itself?

Mars does even now have a core of varying densities and if this were true, it's moons should be more dense than the current core of mars which so far doesn't seem to be the case.

Now on the off chance this would be plausible, would that then mean Earth's super caldera's could be a sign Earth may also one day "eject" it's core?

It would make an interesting Sci-fi story. I'd read it.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

wmd_2008

I suggest you compare your image of TRACYS ROCK

With this when loaded click on picture for full size.

Tracys Rock

To be honest the only picture that looks edited is yours!

edit on 17-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

Even with the airbrushed one that you are directing too which is the catalogue frame and not he expedition frame (the image you say looks airbrushed was scanned from a negative obtained by the defunct group 'Lunararcheaology.org whom had recieved threats' under the US freedom of information laws and this is a site that points through much of the airbrushing here,
47797.activeboard.com...
This is the colour frame from the expedition catalogue negative and not the public catalogue black and white frame.
edit on 17-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i thought everyone knew that mars lost all of it's atmosphere, due to extensive testing of the eludeium Q-236 explosive space modulator.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That is assuming the speed of the impact was that high, it could have slowed and tried to crash land hence the oblique impact but yes at the higher speed it would indeed have been vaporised as would a good chunk of the luner surface but the scar of scraped bouldering shows a sliding impact or even a decayed orbit were the the moon has no atmosphere (not actually true but there is so little it might as well have non) and the orbit over time could have decayed to a point were it was flying mere centimeters above the higher obsticles, it would be interesting to see if there are any impact damaged areas in a line back from it to the higher surface features opposity to the plotted direction of impact.
Those whom are sitting on this technology and hiding it for there own use are not patriots, they are not working in the interests of the human race or any particular nation, they are traitors and criminals whom are perpetuating the power of an elite group whom have only there own vested interests at heart, these finds BELONG to the human race and not them.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I agree, it does seem pretty far fetched, but there is definitely something strange about Mars, and a large loss of mass would offer an explanation, and there is the huge super volcano, far bigger than anything on Earth, on this little planet.

What could have formed a super volcano without a large active core?

It is theorized that the Earth collided and merged with another planet, and the moon is the remains that was ejected from this merger, so why couldn't a similar thing have happened to Mars, but much less of the planet remained intact.

Above a certain mass, large bodies form into spheres, so it makes sense that Mars would slowly morph back into the shape that it is currently seen. As we explore Mars, we see that it once had large amounts of water, possibly a biosphere similar to Earth's. It seems that the only way this could have happened is if Mars was once a much larger planet.

I am still trying to find that link I read long ago on the subject. It seems that the more evidence we gather, the more likely the theory could be.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It is my opinion that Mars was part of a cataclysmic event in which the 5th planet (now the asteroid belt) was destroyed and subsequently, Mars was hit as well.

I could go much deeper than that, but that is beyond the scope of this thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

From what I have read, the theory is that large bodies get caught in an orbit around each other, that slowly decays until the two bodies merge.

We see this in other star systems.

edit on 17-11-2013 by poet1b because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Or, what happened to Mars created the asteroid belt.

This sounds like the most reasonable theory to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have authored a thread, from late 2012, that goes into this topic a bit. Check it out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: Sorry Poet, you are the OP.

edit on 17-11-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Brilliant thread and as you know there are even former scientist from NASA whom ascribe to much the same theory, one believed mars was a moon of that planet and yes the super volcano on mars (which though a mountain is roughle the size of the yellowstone super volcano) is a result of the incredible forces exerted on mars from that explosion, (imagine if it was inhabited what the sky must have been like before the explosion that would have looked like something from a sci fi novel) and the core of mars was most probably damaged with some of it being ejected but not all. the only real problem is how concentric is the orbit of mars and if a nasa planetary scientist believed it then he whom was an expert far beyond all or most on this site is probably right.
Here are part one and two of a presentation by DOCTOR TOM VAN FLANDERN, definitely worth watching.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Thanks for the kind words and I will check out your links....but drop a flag for Poet on his thread, if you haven't already. I'd hate to detract from his thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I have on both and they are both great threads.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

it could have slowed and tried to crash land…

Objects in space maintain constant velocity unless acted upon by another gravity field, in which case they speed up, not slow down. Relative speeds of objects in space are high (several km per second). None that I know of have been clocked slower than 5 miles per second relative to the earth. Thats earths escape velocity.

5 miles per second is actually slow when compared to most objects. There is no atmosphere on the moon to slow whatever made that crater so it would be accelerating towards it until impact.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join