It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Tells The World 'Many Americans Hate Obama Because He's Black'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
With Obama's approval numbers in a free fall (39% at this time), Oprah pulled the race card out and told the overseas press (BBC) that both Obama and the Office of President have been treated with contempt because Obama is black. Now while I have no doubt that SOME people hate Obama because he's black, I'd say the vast majority of people hate Obama and/or his administration because of his policies, corruption, lies, broken promises, and general STUPIDITY.

Oprah failed to say exactly what this so called 'contempt' toward Obama was. (she gave one example of a senator saying 'you lie' ... but that's really about it) My guess of what her version of contempt toward Obama is ... people expressing their disapproval of Obama's policies and actions. Guess what Oprah ... every politician faces vetting like that. All of them.

BTW ... she said nothing of Obama's contempt toward the SCOTUS when he got up in front of everyone on Capitol Hill (with SCOTUS present) and dis'd SCOTUS ... what about his 'contempt' for SCOTUS ?? Comeon Oprah ... that was a whole lot bigger than one senator saying 'you lie' when Obama was giving a speech. What about Obama's contempt for SCOTUS ... and for Republican Americans whom he called 'The enemy' ... and for gun owners ... and for people who 'cling' to their religion .. etc etc etc

BBC Interview Video
Oprahs Quote to the BBC Interview

“There’s a level of disrespect for the office that occurs. And that occurs in some cases and maybe even many cases because he’s African American. There’s no question about that and it’s the kind of thing nobody ever says but everybody’s thinking it.”

Obama started out with an approval rating of 77%. That was in his honeymoon period before he actually did anything. People were high on hope-ium and thought real 'hope and change' were coming. Chants of 'yes we can' filled the air. Now that Obama has tried to get us in yet another war in Syria; has destroyed the health care system for tens of millions of Americans; bombed more countries than Bush43; spent spent spent with no results; presided over Benghazi-gate, and Fast and Furious, and waiver-gate, and a white house full of lobbiests even after he said 'no lobbiest will find a job in my White House' .... etc etc ... his approval rate has slid to 39%. That isn't due to his skin color. That's due to his own ineptitude and corruption.

(and frankly, I don't know how on earth he still has even a 39% approval )

BBC News - Full Video of Oprah Interview

American broadcaster and actress Oprah Winfrey said there was a whole generation of racist people who were "born and bred and marinated" in racism who would never change their ways, but that would die out.

She didn't say 'that would die out' ... she said 'THEY JUST HAVE TO DIE' I guess she's talking about nonblack folks ... but what about black anti-white racists? From what I see, those folks are still running strong. Does she think that all the anti-white black folks who live in the cities and deep south should 'just have to die' as well? She didn't include them in her 'they just have to die' talk ...

Anyways .. always a hot topic at ATS ... Obama, race, playing the race card, etc....
The boards were kinda boring today, so this should spice things up.

+57 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Oprah: One of the most RACIST people out there.. She's the Kettle calling the Pot BLACK.. Pun intended

+41 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
And if you replace obama with clinton and black with woman, you will have their playbook for the years 2016 to 2024.

+42 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Boo Hoo!

And Oprah is famous because far many more Americans don't give a rip about ones color. Don't let that slow ya down though, O, you go girl! Keep up that selective racial tension!

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How does she define all the blacks that currently hate Obama?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I would not say many, but there are a lot that take his skin colour into the equation.

And many people's views get affected by it. When you view something with bad eyes, even if it looks ok, you will think its bad.

What i don't understand is, many politician before him did the same thing, scandal, lies and broken promise, but what makes him special? i can only think of one thing, and it is probably right.

Probably because he is a Black Birth certificate-less Kenyan who is also a homosexual Muslim practicing Nazi communist after all?

edit on 11/15/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Carreau
And if you replace obama with clinton and black with woman, you will have their playbook for the years 2016 to 2024.

That, Sir, is one bet I would not go against you on.

ETA: And ... I think Oprah should give back every dollar she ever got from anyone who wasn't black. -heh heh-
edit on 15112013 by Snarl because: ETA

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Staroth
How does she define all the blacks that currently hate Obama?

93% of black voters in the USA voted for him (2012). (so obviously race was an issue for a lot of them) Once they have been screwed over by Obamacare, I'm thinking a lot of the black voters who voted based on race are going to be rather conflicted. Will they be glad they voted for the black guy ... or will they be ticked off because the black guy didn't deliver, and even worse, is costing them money they don't have?

edit on 11/15/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

We can turn this around on her.

In 2008 a record number of blacks voted. 98% voted for Obama.

With this, we can say that blacks will only vote for a black candidate. So, that in itself would seem racist.

Now, 43% of white americans voted for Obama, which is 74% of the people who voted FOR him.

So, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out exactly how whitey is racist, again...

Oprah herself got her many millions and popularity from a majority of white women who sit in front of their TVs every damn day to see just what she has to say. Hell, her audiance is usually full of white people.

I wish these "whitey is racist" idiots would just get over it. Racism will only exist if people keep pointing out or exclaiming that it exists, otherwise the younger generations would never know it was ever a problem until they read their history books.

I guess Operah didn't get the memo that racism goes both ways. I would even go as far as saying it's heavier from blacks towards whites today, unlike 50 years ago.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Probably a very few hate him because he is black. A large number who hate him would welcome anyone with the philosophy of a Thomas Sowell or an Alan Keyes or a Ben Carson.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

This gets soooooo old but, it's not going to let up anytime soon. In fact, it's liable to get worse as things like the failure of ACA, the deepening questions of Benghazi and the possible impeachment of AG Holder all round the bend.

Speaking for myself, I don't hate Obama. I don't like his political agenda but I don't hate him for it or even because (gasp!) he's black. The problem here is that you know that some one, somewhere is going to tag you as being a racist if you don't immediately snuggle up and show a gooey brand of love for him.

Kind of a shame because playing the race card is pretty clearly intended to either take away your right to choose or to intimidate you into choosing their way. It's simply impossible to believe that anyone of any color or political slant could seriously think that everyone who doesn't like Obama's politics is a racist.

Worst still, this abuse of the issue of racism tends to make it less effective in genuine instances where it is needed. There's nothing positive here... it's lose/lose.

edit on 15-11-2013 by redoubt because: typo repair

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

FlyersFan
93% of black voters in the USA voted for him (2012). (so obviously race was an issue for a lot of them)

I can give that to the black voters. I'm sure there were some white folk who wouldn't vote for him just because he was black. All that said and behind us ... Obamarama's win was based on the female vote. The black vote was a minuscule 12%.

I don't think anyone's really counting the votes anyway. It's a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
We all know Racism exists in certain quarters, but being unsatisfied because of someone's ineptness can not fall into this category.

It's just a distraction tactic, who cares about the colour of anyone's skin if they do the right thing?

How many promises has Obama actually delivered? I am from the U.K, but I remember following the 2008 campaign and how he was going to pull troops from Afghanistan and Iraq. Was going to close Guantanamo, bring about a change in the financial sector.

He's like every politician, lies damn lies every time.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I dislike her her for pulling the race card... I am sure that makes me a racist as well. It's good she's slimmed down right now or I would also be accused of being hateful towards those that are horizontally challenged.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I know prejudice [pre Judge] is still prevalent in America. I'm guilty of it. I pre judge people on many factors; mainly on stupid haircuts and ugly brown shoes; skin color is pretty far down on the list however.

Who is this Opera person?
edit on 15-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

..And some will say that Obama hates white Americans (America in general?) because he is half black.
The jury is still out on both sides of that/those arguments. That more and more blacks are speaking out against a multitude of Obama's policies tend to overshadow any basic argument about race. But for some, that is always a fallback response when no other excuse works.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think it is the lawyer part of him that most people don't trust, his ability to know how much deceit he can get away with is the problem. That is not a color related problem....unless you are talking about his dark side.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hmm, well Oprah I guess it all boils down to his skin color, never mind all the scandals and outright deception from this guy, we don't like him just because he's black. This race card crap is way beyond old, and it is obvious that it's a tactic to try and deflect all the legitimate reasons to dislike what this fool has done to our country. Sorry Oprah, but this clown is SO bad even the racist's out there don't need to go there, they have PLENTY of other legitimate issues with Barry.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I don't hate Obama because he is black. I hate Obama because of his inability to lead the nation and make good decisions. He is a liar and a moron, it is really that simple for me.

Being the POTUS is a job that guarantees that a least half the country does not like you before you even take office!! When POTUS makes bad decisions and lies to the public then more people hate him....it is what it is. Oprah is not willing to accept that Obama is a terrible President it seems to me. Ignoring what he has done and deflecting the criticism back to "racist" Americans is weak at best on her part. The Obama administration has continually lied and made bad decisions on many fronts while covering up and stalling when pressed for the truth.

Here is a brief summary of the "accomplishments" Obama is in charge of:

1. IRS targets Obama Enemies
2. Benghazi which is actually 3 scandals in one!
◾The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission.
◾The changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video
◾The refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the attack
3. Watching the AP and pouring through their reporters phone records
4. "Rosengate". Accusing James Rosen (FOX) of being a criminal for reporting on stories the administration did not approve of by searching his phone and email records.
5. Potential Holder perjury I: Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress he had never been associated with “potential prosecution” of a journalist for perjury when in fact he signed the affidavit that termed Rosen a potential criminal.
6. ATF Fast and Furious gun running and cover up of murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry
7. Potential Holder Perjury II: Holder told Congress in May 2011 that he had just recently heard about the Fast and Furious gun walking scheme when there is evidence he may have known much earlier.
8. Sebelius demands payment: HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicited donations from companies HHS might regulate. The money would be used to help her sign up uninsured Americans for ObamaCare.

It is my belief that most Americans see right through all the "smoke" at this point and know that Obama was a bad choice for America but we have to live with it for a few more years.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
They must be getting needy if they're playing the race card again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join