It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Long Range Snow Forecast!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Is this another hare em scare em story from the tabloids or is it a genuine threat for a harsh winter?
Be prepared!

splashurl.com...

splashurl.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gilbis

sounds like they cant make there minds up forecasters predicting snow and met office spokes woman saying no snow and how mild it is

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gilbis

This is absolute rubbish. However...
Piers Corbyn of WeatherAction.com, who has a good track record, has already predicted a recent short cold spell earlier this month, is confident that the coming Winter is going to come as another rude awakening for Global Warmers. Throughout Europe, temperatures are dipping day by day. The USA has already had an Arctic plunge this month and is soon to get another, even colder.
Europe has had 5 severe Winters in a row, so this quack weather site is basing its dramatic forecast on the past. But WeatherAction, far more accurate and definitely more accurate than the UK Met Office, bases its predictions on solar observations. This site is predicting harsh Winters for the next thirty years!

edit on 14-11-2013 by mclinking because: missed word out

edit on 14-11-2013 by mclinking because: missed comma

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
For those who don't want to click on the link:

HEAVY SNOW WARNING: Shock long range UK weather forecast for winter 2013

BRITAIN faces months of freezing winds and heavy snow as long-range forecasters predict a “horror winter” ahead.

By: Nathan RaoPublished: Wed, November 13, 2013

Winter 2013 into 2014 is forecast to be “exceptionally severe” with above-average snowfall and plunging temperatures.

Long-range weather forecasts warn of bitter Arctic gales leading to feet-deep snow drifts right up until February.

Snow forecasts for winter 2013 suggest much of the country will be hit by heavy wintry downpours with no let up well into next year.

As lovers of the white stuff ask ‘will it snow?’ this winter, the general consensus among long-range forecasters is a resounding ‘yes’.

However they said winter could bring chaos similar to the big freeze of 2010/11 which saw airports close and roads grind to a standstill for months.

Hm, TIme will tell if they were right.

Thanks for posting, OP!

edit on 14-11-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

mclinking
But WeatherAction, far more accurate and definitely more accurate than the UK Met Office, bases its predictions on solar observations. This site is predicting harsh Winters for the next thirty years!

What?! Ouch!

But then I guess Global Warmers will probably just say, global cooling is caused by the global warming.

edit on 14-11-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm glad to share our snow with the rest of the world. You can have almost all of it if you want. We can spare a couple hundred inches here to give to you guys.

I should buy stock in a company who manufactures snow plowing equipment

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ugh, I'm in Canada. But I do like snow. Sure, it's long to plow, but I really like snow.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Bloody Hell! 30 yrs of bad winters! Best stock up on Brandy and Chicken Soup! Lol

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is just in from SkyNews. It seems the UK Met office has suddenly changed its mind!

uk.news.yahoo.com...

With no end in sight!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gilbis

Looks like its going to be a colder and snowy winter here in north Georgia mountain's. I got a spoon in my persimmon

ETA the wooly worms were black also

edit on 14-11-2013 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gilbis

I don't watch the weather reports any more. They are ALWAYS wrong. If you live in the UK you should already be used to bad weather all the time. If we get sunshine then AWESOME but if not life still goes on..

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

we have a fool proof method here in the uk , we put our hand out side the door and if it comes back wet , it's raining but if it comes back dry then it will rain later .

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
But it's the cold that kills, not the heat....

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If we do get a bad winter don't forget the old folk near you, make sure they are warm and well fed.
Cheers

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

mclinking
reply to post by gilbis

This is absolute rubbish. However...
Piers Corbyn of WeatherAction.com, who has a good track record, has already predicted a recent short cold spell earlier this month, is confident that the coming Winter is going to come as another rude awakening for Global Warmers. Throughout Europe, temperatures are dipping day by day. The USA has already had an Arctic plunge this month and is soon to get another, even colder.
Europe has had 5 severe Winters in a row, so this quack weather site is basing its dramatic forecast on the past. But WeatherAction, far more accurate and definitely more accurate than the UK Met Office, bases its predictions on solar observations. This site is predicting harsh Winters for the next thirty years!

edit on 14-11-2013 by mclinking because: missed word out

edit on 14-11-2013 by mclinking because: missed comma

Wow the ignorance. Have you heard of the jet stream? This affects the weather. Climate affects the jet stream the jet stream affects the weather. Irresepective of whether the jet stream is affected by temperature or solar activity the weather you experience is dictated by the position of the jet stream above you. This can result in extremes that are contrary to the lay persons naive interpretation basically:

1. less solar and/or lower temperatures will result in warmer weather if the jet stream flows further north.
2. More solar and/or higher temperatures will result in colder weather if the jet stream flows further south.

Further complication:

1. The jet strem (or rather streams) do not flow in a linear fashion but meander like a wave.
2. Those waves can stick resulting in long periods of abnormally hotter or colder weather (although somewhere else in the world will be having the opposite effect)
3. The "waves" look as if they are become more pronouned.

What we know:
1. Solar activity does affect jet streams.
2. Global warming may affect jet streams, the research is still ongoing. Basic physics, ie warm air rises would suggest the jet streams would rise and move northwards. That said, so far, all the signals are indicating there is a link.
3. Nobody can say that colder weather due to jet stream influence is a sign that global warming is not happening,

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gilbis

yep. This is why they put the heating costs up..... so that they will make a big profit over the next few months!
edit on 14-11-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Perfect weather for shorts.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Because of the cost of fuel and food, many old people have to decide between eating and keeping warm. This is a Catch-22 situation. However, if coal were available, a much cheaper fossil fuel, then things could get better...
Provided your house has a chimney!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I've mentioned before about 'Chimneys'. They stopped building homes with Chimneys because the Energy Companies weren't making enough money!

They also put Radiators under the windows, so that even more heat escapes which means you need to heat rooms for longer, thus more cash is spent!
edit on 14-11-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I think that sometimes people take the idea of global warming meaning every day will be boiling hot and even the winter will be a huge summer heat wave. its not like that, while i dont have a full grip on what it really means but the global warming thing isn't actually working that way.

It would take a while for the entire planet to feel the heat which is why its apparently (again not sure if its happening or not) starting at the poles, the weather is getting worse just look at the typhoons etc. that have recently hit places, the summers get hotter and hotter, to say that it needs to be hot all the time kind of floats away the point, this is the kind of thinking that people who dont want to talk about it, put out there. Its cold because its winter, it wont be hot in winter but due to the change in the weather patterns (a third time, apparently global warming) the winters will get colder and the summers would become hotter.

Like i said three times im not sure on the whole global warming thing and my explanation is rather short and not as detailed as it could be but the point is, that the global warming wouldn't effect the weather patterns hugely it could take hundreds of years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join