posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:01 AM
reply to post by gilbis
This is absolute rubbish. However...
Piers Corbyn of WeatherAction.com, who has a good track record, has already predicted a recent short cold spell earlier this month, is confident that
the coming Winter is going to come as another rude awakening for Global Warmers. Throughout Europe, temperatures are dipping day by day. The USA has
already had an Arctic plunge this month and is soon to get another, even colder.
Europe has had 5 severe Winters in a row, so this quack weather site is basing its dramatic forecast on the past. But WeatherAction, far more accurate
and definitely more accurate than the UK Met Office, bases its predictions on solar observations. This site is predicting harsh Winters for the next
edit on 14-11-2013 by mclinking because: missed word out
edit on 14-11-2013 by mclinking because: missed comma
Wow the ignorance. Have you heard of the jet stream? This affects the weather. Climate affects the jet stream the jet stream affects the weather.
Irresepective of whether the jet stream is affected by temperature or solar activity the weather you experience is dictated by the position of the jet
stream above you. This can result in extremes that are contrary to the lay persons naive interpretation basically:
1. less solar and/or lower temperatures will result in warmer weather if the jet stream flows further north.
2. More solar and/or higher temperatures will result in colder weather if the jet stream flows further south.
1. The jet strem (or rather streams) do not flow in a linear fashion but meander like a wave.
2. Those waves can stick resulting in long periods of abnormally hotter or colder weather (although somewhere else in the world will be having the
3. The "waves" look as if they are become more pronouned.
What we know:
1. Solar activity does affect jet streams.
2. Global warming may affect jet streams, the research is still ongoing. Basic physics, ie warm air rises would suggest the jet streams would rise and
move northwards. That said, so far, all the signals are indicating there is a link.
3. Nobody can say that colder weather due to jet stream influence is a sign that global warming is not happening,