It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God should be simple

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

is everything on here a damn computer response like a damn electronic Buddha?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

someguy6
reply to post by Aphorism

I was an alcoholic atheist for the longest time, so i can disprove everything you just mentioned in three minutes of conversation.

I was an alcoholic atheist for 30 years. Now I'm a sober atheist and id like to hear this. What is your claim.

edit on 13-11-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Funny, I read what you wrote and you seem very confused. God is very simple t understand for me. Why are you finding it so hard?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

winofiend

someguy6

I was an alcoholic atheist for the longest time, so i can disprove everything you just mentioned in three minutes of conversation.

I was an alcoholic atheist for 30 years. Now I'm a sober atheist and id like to hear this. What is your claim.

Hmm, guess it was not quite 3 minutes then. Ora flippant disregard for logic when faced with explaining newfound religious sobriety.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

MadMax9
reply to post by amazing

Funny, I read what you wrote and you seem very confused. God is very simple t understand for me. Why are you finding it so hard?

I think the question os wrong.

God is for the simple, as it removes the requirement for thought.

But now it's all about god being the universe, mysterious and all encomopassing. Chaos and unity. The desire to know itself... which removes it from the religious concept of god in the first place. Either god is a big guy in the sky who made everything and sends you to hell for not liking him enough, and is therefore for simple people, or god is nature and chaos, yin and yang. not compassion and enlightenment, but suffering and understanding... and then we're back to the question of what is it all about...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

winofiend

someguy6

bummer.

glad you are sober, tho.

God is too simple. people tend to over think.

people want the flash-bang, gee wizz, wow!! fix me! buy me a mercedes benz!

lol, not like that at all.

He gave us this life, do some good with it.

and not only for yourself.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

God is not worried about !why should I's and that makes it even simpler.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

So God should be simple. If there really is God, then God should be simple to understand and the path to God should be easy to find and easy to follow.

God is easy to find... not so easy to follow...

God is love right?

So be love... and you will find that path you seek

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

IMO, searching online/books/etc isn't how to find "God". I believe you find "God" through an inward journey, instead of everywhere else.

I am not a Christian, just to point out, I have done my research and read numerous biblical texts including the Vedas etc.

I do not personally think you can "find" the answer of what you and everyone else is looking for unless you simply stop searching.

God, in my own interpretation of the word, is Nature. We are all part of nature, everything follows the pattern of nature. Nature, is perfect.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The narrative in the Bible never tries to argue or promise that God exists.
From cover to cover it assumes the reader already has that much figured out.

Books, being made of paper, cannot promise or assume. To take it on faith, the reader must assume that it is already figured out for him.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

You say, "So God should be simple".

I ask, "Why are you complicating God"?

Make it simple, or make it hard. It's all a choice through intent.

If you have an intent to over complicate, then this much is evident.

There have been, and still are, many teachers. Choose one or many. Your choice.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Meditation helps. If you have not done so, try some guided meditations and take it from there.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
God is in fact so simple there is no means a finite can utilize to demonstrate or represent the Presence. No words, no pictures, no art, no music, no actions or inactions. Any attemmpt by a finite to do so causes the Presence to become contaminated and metaphoric as it enters space-time.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

someguy6

You're so right lmfao

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by randyvs

The narrative in the Bible never tries to argue or promise that God exists.
From cover to cover it assumes the reader already has that much figured out.

Books, being made of paper, cannot promise or assume. To take it on faith, the reader must assume that it is already figured out for him.

Once God has been found one can then understand the bible - not before.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the good posts, all! I appreciate it.

Just a few thoughts...I was only mentioning Hawking and string theory as an analogy. I just believe that, well one of my core beliefs is that anything can be simplified at least to the point of understanding. I probably didn't phrase that right. I don't understand electricity or the theory of relativity or quantum mechanics but I understand the concepts because it's been dumbed down into a simplified explanation that I can understand and grasp.

I think that my problem is that I've turned God and Spirituality and Life and the purpose of life into an incredibly complicated mess. I can't seem to simplify it. Not that my life isn't successful and I do have a pretty good life, but it doesn't seem to have purpose and simplicity and peace of mind. I feel like I'm in the rat race and not doing anything worthwhile and everything is a struggle.

I think the question I really should have asked is.. "Is there a guide to life?" If you're a Christian, then you have the bible. (Way to complex in my opinion! lol) But if god exists, then there should be a written simplified guide to life somewhere. Otherwise, I need to rethink my philosophy. My core belief is that everything can be simplified, God exists, God knows this ( that there are millions of people like me looking for instructions to life) therefore God would simplify life's instructions in a way that I can understand and follow in a written book (small) that I could carry around with me. If that doesn't exist, then...I can meditate and look inward etc, etc, but where did those instructions come from. How did you know that? Who told you? You just knew? How?

edit on 13-11-2013 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

So, the next question is what is the "guide" to life? How should we "live"?

What is natural for all life is to avoid pain and be happy. So, the way to live is to be happy and the best way to do that is to discipline the mind so it can appreciate rather than judge with criticism.

Critism was taught by our society. It teaches people to focus on all the bad instead of the good. If all life lived like this humans AND animals would be depressed...

So the simple answer is this:

Happiness , which all beings search for and what is most attainable through appreciation.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
God is simple. The difference between you and God is that you are not God. No less, but no more.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

amazing
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

That is simple, but you said that and why should I believe you? I've read that in Conversations with God as well and heard through a fiction book I just read that this theory was also mentioned in a long Indian Text as well.

If every blade of grass, animal, human, alien being, energy being
went around in full "God"-consciousness all the time, what would
have been the point of all this stuff we are and see?

If you fly too close to the sun you melt. Then all that is left is melt.

That "God-consciousness" thing is very rare indeed, by design.

For every person that leaves the great chain of life, another
person enters. It's a matter of maintaining balance. Otherwise
the whole thing would go to crap.

Being happy and productive where you are right now.. that
is all that matters. All those 7 billion humans are required
as 'legs' to support the 'table', or it tips over.

Even a Buddha still acts as a table leg, the same as anyone
else.

When I say this, people often say, "so what should I do?"
to which I reply: "anything you want.. it all comes out in
the wash."

KPB

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

someguy6

Hey!! That's a good Idea!! an electronic Buddha! Like the old "8 ball" that you'd ask questions and shake, get a yes, no, maybe, ask again, etc. The electronic Buddha you'd ask a questin and rub it's belly and it would respond! Cool

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join