It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is paying $500 per Dead US Soldier!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is Bull S**T!

The Iraian government paying cash to insurgents to kill United States Officals and Military Personal in Iraq!

This reminds me of how Sadam was paying the suicide bombers families to kill Jews in Israel.

Its time to send a message to Tehran!

The Iran Connection

Nov. 15, 2004
By Edward T. Pound, U.S. News & World Report
Yahoo News

In the summer of last year, Iranian intelligence agents in Tehran began planning something quite spectacular for September 11, the two-year anniversary of al Qaeda's attack on the United States, according to a classified American intelligence report. Iranian agents disbursed $20,000 to a team of assassins, the report said, to kill Paul Bremer, then the top U.S. civilian administrator in Iraq. The information was specific: The team, said a well-placed source quoted in the intelligence document, would use a Toyota Corona taxi and a second car, driven by suicide bombers, to take out Bremer and destroy two hotels in downtown Baghdad. The source even named one of the planners, Himin Bani Shari, a high-ranking member of the Ansar al-Islam terrorist group and a known associate of Iranian intelligence agents.

The alleged plan was never carried out. But American officials regarded Iran's reported role, and its ability to make trouble in Iraq, as deadly serious. Iran, said a separate report, issued in November 2003 by American military analysts, "will use and support proxy groups" such as Ansar al-Islam "to conduct attacks in Iraq in an attempt to further destablize the country." An assessment by the U.S. Army's V Corps, which then directed all Army activity in Iraq, agreed: "Iranian intelligence continues to prod and facilitate the infiltration of Iraq with their subversive elements while providing them support once they are in country."

With the Pentagon's stepped-up efforts to break the back of the insurgency before Iraq's scheduled elections in late January, Iran's efforts to destabilize Iraq have received little public attention. But a review of thousands of pages of intelligence reports by U.S. News reveals the critical role Iran has played in aiding some elements of the anti-American insurgency after Baghdad fell--and raises important questions about whether Iran will continue to try to destabilize Iraq after elections are held. The classified intelligence reports, covering the period July 2003 through early 2004, were prepared by the CIA; the Defense Intelligence Agency; the Iraq Survey Group, the 1,400-person outfit President Bush sent to Iraq to find weapons of mass destruction; the Coalition Provisional Authority; and various military commands and units in the field, including the V Corps and the Pentagon's Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force. The reports are based on information gathered from Iraqis, Iranian dissidents, and other sources inside Iraq. U.S. News also reviewed British intelligence assessments of the postwar phase in Iraq.

$500 a soldier. Many of the reports are uncorroborated and are considered "raw" intelligence of the type seldom seen by those outside the national security community. But the picture that emerges from the sheer volume of the reports, and as a result of the multiplicity of sources from which they were generated, leaves little doubt about the depth of Iran's involvement in supporting elements of the insurgency and in positioning itself to move quickly in Iraq if it believes a change in circumstances there dictates such action. "Iran," wrote an analyst with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations on Dec. 5, 2003, "poses the greatest long-term threat to U.S. efforts in Iraq." An analyst at the V Corps summarized matters this way: "Iranian intelligence agents are conducting operations in every major city with a significant Shia population. The counterintelligence threat from Iran is assessed to be high, as locally employed people, former military officers, politicians, and young men are recruited, hired, and trained by Iranian intelligence to collect [intelligence] on coalition forces."

story.news.yahoo.com.../usnews/20041115/ts_usnews/specialreporttheiranconnection

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The US will occupy downtown Tehran within 3 years. Mark my words. Its been on Dubyas agenda for ahwile.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
$500 US dollars? That's not much of an incentive. Make that 500 euros and they will get results hehe. All is fair in love and war.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Iran religious zealots offering $500 or euros is no new tactic for them...be real. Its an act of desperation.

In my personal opinion, they can offer what they will, they just need to make sure they properly invest that money towards funeral arrangements.

seekerof

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sounds to me like the propaganda machine has started its efforts to justify a war with Iran.

Smells like crap to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
The US will occupy downtown Tehran within 3 years. Mark my words. Its been on Dubyas agenda for ahwile.

Sure and in the meantime they can coverup another War Crime....

Oh yeh,..they're assasins anyways right.

www.rense.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">http...://www.rense.com/general18/americanscoveredup.htm

oops...I guess this is old news by now,RIGHT!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Bad link, maybe you should fix that to help your point...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clandestine
Sounds to me like the propaganda machine has started its efforts to justify a war with Iran.

Smells like crap to me.

my exact thoughts
seems like most posts here are just propaganda bulls**t these days

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The classified intelligence reports, covering the period July 2003 through early 2004, were prepared by the CIA; the Defense Intelligence Agency; the Iraq Survey Group, the 1,400-person outfit President Bush (news - web sites) sent to Iraq to find weapons of mass destruction; the Coalition Provisional Authority; and various military commands and units in the field, including the V Corps and the Pentagon's Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force. The reports are based on information gathered from Iraqis, Iranian dissidents, and other sources inside Iraq. U.S. News also reviewed British intelligence assessments of the postwar phase in Iraq.

The US has lost so much credibility with the Iraq debacle, it's hard to believe anything they say. It's like the country that cried wolf.
I don't know if this is true or not, but one of these days, a threat is going to be real, and no one is going to believe them.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clandestine

Smells like crap to me.

Oh, thank god. A voice of reason. Thank you clandestine for keeping my hope alive that there are still intelligent people out there.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I agree...and there will be more of this over the coming months, to be sure, and you'll start seeing it on Faux News, then other networks, and finally CNN.

Onward Christian Soldier!

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I am afraid what you posted is true, now are you on draft age?

Remember the only way to do that is with a draft.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Im 34, and you bet your bum bum im worried about a draft. I know it would be awhile before I ever got called, but if things get as ugly as I suspect they will over the next few years, my age wont be much of a protection...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This tactic is old. Stop representing it as something new that's being used to further the devil president's agenda. This tactic has been employed by middle eastern governments longer than Bush has been president.

But I guess if Rense disagrees with me I must be wrong. Someone should give them the credibility award.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is complete BS. If iran wanted to get involve in this war they could arm and use the Shiaa Iraqi population which count 40% of the iraq population.

Are you the same person who said �Mark my word. US will attack Iran before US election.�?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
According to The Power of Nightmares, a BBC TV programme about the Neocon movement and the war on terror (bbc link) (ATS thread link), the USA offered similar rewards during the Afghanistan campaign for the capture or killing of each "Al Qaeda fighter", which resulted in local mercenaries going round killing innocent Afghans in the hills to collect their rewards. And collect their rewards they did, because the US wasn't going to question whether the dead man was a terrorist or not, because it looks a lot better to have a dead "terrorist" than to have to explain why you have a dead farmer killed by some mercenary for money.
So, as bad as it is for the Iranian govt to offer rewards for the killing of coalition servicemen, it isn't a tactic that is exclusive to the 'bad guys'.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Paul]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Im 34, and you bet your bum bum im worried about a draft. I know it would be awhile before I ever got called, but if things get as ugly as I suspect they will over the next few years, my age wont be much of a protection...

Hey you are not alone even my husband that is retired is starting to worry about with all the memos and E-mails they are getting where he works at our local base.

Things are no looking good. But we will find out after the Inaguration of our Comanding in Chief.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Persian wrote:

"Are you the same person who said �Mark my word. US will attack Iran before US election.�?"

Never said that. Never posted on these baords until after the election.

And I will restate Iran WILL be next, no matter what. And if Dubya wants it done, he will find "justification" regardless. But I would also mention if Iran is attacked by the US, it wont be for occupation, it would just be to cripple its military and nuclear capabilities. I would think we would maintain a "no fly" zone over Iran perminantly as well.

Its coming people

[edit on 17-11-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't understand why everyone thinks a problem with Iran is non existent.

Iran has alot at stake here with its western and eastern border surrounded by Americans.

It is in Irans best interest that they prevent a democracy from being installed in neigboring Iraq.

I hope there is no war.

Later,
Reason

[edit on 17-11-2004 by REASON]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

And I will restate Iran WILL be next, no matter what. And if Dubya wants it done, he will find "justification" regardless.

Since you have so much info about occupying Iran, would you tell us how US is going to invade Iran? Do you have any info about Iranians military hardware and their number of soldiers?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join