It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think every member should be given the option to erase his exsistence from ATS.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I wholly refute that. You have quite the history with staff, going back to 2010. Nothing happens in a vacuum. I stand by what I said: No one has ever been post banned strictly and solely for requesting an account deletion.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You saying I'm lying?

Whatever...

Not sure what you mean by "quite the history".

I've dealt with "good" and "bad" mods... some are more confrontational than others... which category do you fall in?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I'm saying perceptions vary about a good many things.

I happen to be both, depending upon the situation.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

You're assuming too much... think about it.

I'm done discussing this with you...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

yeahright

LittleBlackEagle
i think it's a very valid question in this day and age of sell out companies

It's an 'are you still beating your wife' trap question with no way to answer. If you think someone is a liar, why ask them if they're a liar? It's a pointless exercise in futility.

I'll stand behind our reputation. There's no way for us to provide any sort of guarantee that will be sufficient for every single person. What we say and do is either good enough, or it isn't. Make your call and act accordingly. I sure won't apologize for the way we've conducted ourselves for the past 15 years.

no actually it's not that at all and there is a way, it's called a mans word, without a mans word he has nothing.

i'm not talking about how you run your house, that's none of my business, i'm talking about being sold out in the event they get "pressured" by the man. this site is about denying ignorance, i'm attempting to not be ignorant of this fact.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I can tell you this

I know 2 of the 3 "amigos" personally and I have personally met one, spent time with him, met his beautiful wife, had dinner and drinks.. I can tell you this

I would trust him with my life.. I am 100% positive that he would fight such actions by the government until he could fight no more with little to no thought of his own security..

As a Marine and Law enforcement Officer in good standing, you can consider that "MY" word on the subject

Semper

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

semperfortis

I can tell you this

I know 2 of the 3 "amigos" personally and I have personally met one, spent time with him, met his beautiful wife, had dinner and drinks.. I can tell you this

I would trust him with my life.. I am 100% positive that he would fight such actions by the government until he could fight no more with little to no thought of his own security..

As a Marine and Law enforcement Officer in good standing, you can consider that "MY" word on the subject

Semper

thank you Sir, that's all i needed to hear.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A few observations...

Given the size of the ATS board database, where all the forum posts are listed, deleting an entire members history over a period of time - possibly years could have a massively catastrophic effect on the rest of the board and its file integrity.

If you value your online privacy, use a pseudonym. I don't see/recall many members posting with their own name. If you are posting with a pseudonym, who knows its you for sure?

And finally, if folks are that paranoid - why post at all? - or bluntly - never put anything on a forum you don't believe in. That way, its never embarrasing.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

neformore
A few observations...

Given the size of the ATS board database, where all the forum posts are listed, deleting an entire members history over a period of time - possibly years could have a massively catastrophic effect on the rest of the board and its file integrity.

If you value your online privacy, use a pseudonym. I don't see/recall many members posting with their own name. If you are posting with a pseudonym, who knows its you for sure?

And finally, if folks are that paranoid - why post at all? - or bluntly - never put anything on a forum you don't believe in. That way, its never embarrasing.

indeed prudence is a dish best served hot. if you or another mod could be so kind as to edit a post i made on this page, long one at the bottom, i stated

"as for my comments about the forum, it's not about the people here, it's about the fact that people think this forum is a good thing, but i can assure you the owners would sell us out in a heart beat if the govt. comes knocking. cheers my friend."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i think it's fair of me after hearing from your team on this issue as i no longer feel this way.

thanks

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Personally I have posted nothing I don't want the Government to read. However I don't like being "on a list".

I am certain that this site has been paid very close attention to by our lovely surveillance state. Particularly when it is quite clear that the Government is lumping conspiracy people in with terrorists lately.

Add to that there have been a couple of members here that did do something stupid and I have no choice but to wonder if just being a member here gets you on a list.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Done

(UP) (UP)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

semperfortis

Done

(UP) (UP)

you certainly are my friend.

it's such a shame we should be discussing such things here in America, it'd be nice to just discuss normal things without reason for others eh. i appreciate your time.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
We don't delete accounts because it's unfair to the members who also participated in the thread, it's unfair to this site that has been and continues to be a valued resource for millions of people all over the world.

WRT to "us selling out" why would we do anything that stupid? Better yet, why would anyone think the "government" would bother even asking?! The "government" doesn't need to give anyone a red cent to get any of the content from this site or any other site on the internet. All that's left after the content (here at ATS at least) is usernames and registration email addresses. If you don't think they have access to your email, especially web based email then you're kidding yourself and not paying attention to what's already been admitted by the NSA.

At the end of the day it's not worth screwing everyone else over just because a handful of people are mistaken about reality.

Thread Closed.

Springer...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join