It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Not my will but Thy Will be done" - Freewill and The Will of God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IsidoreOfSeville

Now that, I understand. That's basically my own understanding. God is there all the time at all times. He knows what will happen, and just because He knows what you will do, to day, tomorrow, 10 years from now, doesn't mean that you know. Essentially, God is not anchored in time, and we are. That gives us a very different perspective than He has. And just because He knows what we will do and what will come to pass doesn't mean He makes us do it or interferes with our conscious process of making our everyday choices in any way (unless of course He decides to speak to us as He does to His chosen few).

He may know what will come to pass, how we will choose, but for us those choices are still freely made because our futures are not given to us to know. We don't even know the future from prophecy although it gives us glimpses and hints.

But to imply that God has made our choices for us and that for some He has chosen to have us turn away from Him I think is the wrong way to put it. Yes, He knows that many will turn away, and even though He could stop them from doing so, He won't. But that doesn't mean He actively made or will make that choice for them like some grand puppet master.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

arpgme
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Aleph - old testament, rule by Strength
Bet - New Testament rule by acceptance.

Show them the power of the will (Aleph) of God; allow them to enter heaven the house (Bet) of God.
edit on 11-11-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

That's fantastic. I never thought of it that way. Chirality is everywhere.

<< 1   >>

join