It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much control do we have right after we die?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Imagine a human body, now imagine that body was the Human species itself. We are parts of that body, like skin flakes or hair. We must live and we must die in order to maintain the body.

So, in my personal opinion; we just die and nothing more. Although i would love it if there were something else.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Well, I hope you have plenty of time left, here. Besides, I don't think it is much to worry about. We were all "dead" before we were born, right? As far as I can remember, I didn't have a problem with passing away last time... I'm expecting the same this time. Love and Good Luck.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

You might as well trust that everything will be ok, otherwise you'll be in fear about the unknown.

Hope you feel better.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have similar concerns...I watch many ghost hunting shows and something that confuses me, why with all the beauty/secrets of the universe, WHY would you CHOSE to stay in some dark/dank building? Why are some ghost appearing to be old or hurt?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

How much control do we have soon after we die? I doubt that we have much control, but I hope I am wrong.

I can understand your concerns. My advice is to make
good use of the bathroom just before you die.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

The way I see it is that you were born out of nothing without any trouble. You grew your entire body, and you controlled every subtle function of its cells and its energy displacement every moment of every day of your life - from your own genesis as a simple 1-cell organism - without any trouble. You divided yourself out of 1 cell into the body you are today without any trouble.

And furthermore, you did / do all of this without having a clue how you do it! People have studied the human body for centuries and still don't fully understand it scientifically - yet "little old you" created and operated your very own human body like a pro for all these years - & without any idea how to explain it. At least, not in words. You just do it, like you breathe. You just know how.

So therefore, based on that very real observation of life, I personally believe that if death is a part of life (which clearly it is), then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Because you got here without any trouble. You'll get wherever you go next without any trouble!

And although one cannot argue against the fact that life is a rough game, one can argue that it's a fascinating one. The universe knows what it's doing. It cannot make mistakes, otherwise it (& we) wouldn't be here right now. So, trust the universe to carry you through death as it has carried you through life, and you may discover that you have more control over your next experience of consciousness than you realized you had the last time!

After all, the whole goal of the cosmos is to evolve & expand life through conscious self-awareness. So I'm quite sure that after you die, you'll get a say in what happens next. Just like you had a say in what happens now, despite not knowing how you got here in the first place; and like how you chose to be born into life as you, without knowing who made the choice.

That's a miracle my friend. And if life is miraculous, why would death be any less of a magical experience? Life is made possible because of death. How could anything ever have lived if nothing had ever died? So death is nothing to fear any more than we fear birth (or life). Just go with it! The less we struggle, the easier the cosmos carries us along in its infinite stream of wisdom. The monks & buddhas (& Jesus etc) all know this.

That's why they die (& live) so well! They are truly unafraid. It's not feigned courage in the face of death. It's a genuine trust that death is not to be feared, since death is part of the All, just like life. We fear death because we fear annihilation of the "self" - but when you realize that all things in the universe know themselves as "I" - just like you do - you realize your true nature as the Brahman, and you see that you are infinite and you are everything - with a catch... you can only experience yourself being everything one at at time.

But I digress into theosophy & spiritual philosophy, which is somewhat off-topic & none of my business. I have no authority to speak on that subject to others. We each decide our own Tao.

With that said - I do know that one cannot live well if one fears life. Likewise, one cannot die well if one fears death! The more we struggle in life and in death, the uglier things seem to get for us. So just go with life til the moment of death comes - and then go, with grace, into that too. That's true inner peace... if you can let go & surrender fully to the infinite tides of the cosmos. That's satori

But I've rambled long enough. Peace, and good luck in your journey both now while you're embodied, & later when you do pass on. Remember, ALL of us will be seeing you back on the other side soon my friend - wherever that may be

And, though I'm in no particular hurry - I personally can't wait! For it seems we must all wait until death before the profound mystery of life is solved. Likewise, probably, we cannot possibly understand the mystery of death except from the incredible perspective of life! And as we all know - life is a matter of perspective. So perhaps death is too? I guess we'll all have to wait to find out. The suspense is killing me.. so to speak lol.

In any case... my simple advice is (for what it's worth): just enjoy the ride my friend. Why not?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

i have a question for you, and i hope you will answer it for my sake.

how do you classify someone who wants to die to find rest but is afraid of dying because of the physical pain involved?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

tomoe723

how do you classify someone who wants to die to find rest but is afraid of dying because of the physical pain involved?

I classify that as someone who needs help.

But I can understand someone being really weary.

KPB

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

dawnann7
I really believe we go through a "review" period first, where we look back on our lives and see where we did well and not so well. Where we see how we hurt people and when we were kind and helped them. This is so we can learn from our life's experiences ... Flow with it. Enjoy the ride. Bon voyage, my friend.

Oh bon voyage, so great, so joyful the ride. So thankful. BUT, ahem, unfortunately there's a very serious flaw in the white light concept: Who reviews the "reviewers" ...................?!? Big ooops.

edit on 11-11-2013 by giugliot because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Lumpy79
Imagine a human body, now imagine that body was the Human species itself. We are parts of that body, like skin flakes or hair. We must live and we must die in order to maintain the body.

Yes, dear fellow flakes, we must happily die. In order to maintain the species' SLAVE body ...

To be a flake or to eat the flakes, that's the question ...

edit on 11-11-2013 by giugliot because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

In my "little death" where I was being bludgeoned, raped, and, according to my 5 year-old son at the time, was going to have gasoline poured over me and lit -

I remember nothing of this episode, except for waking up 6 days later with my jaw wired shut, lots of stiches on my head and face -

I have always believed in the holy trinity - I have explored all other faiths, and occult crap out there - Do you strive to be good, but fall continuously in the little things? We all do - we all get mad, and gossipy, and angry, and mean, at times.

Forgiveness is the answer - can you forgive everybody that has harmed you? Can you forgive yourself for all of the stupid meaness you may have caused others?

That is the key - the hardest thing to do - forgive others and forgive yourself.

Don't take any angry grudges with you to the grave - and ask Jesus to help you.

That's what I learned from my near homicidal death. And I have no idea who almost killed me. In front of my baby.

I believe we were all sent down here for a reason - and God knows.

I want to add that my son is all right - the perpetrator put my son back in his bed, did not pour gas on me, and left our house.

My boyfriend at the time came home after working the night shift to my son jumping in his arms down the stairs, my boyfriend asking "why aren't you at school?" and my son saying "Mommy's upstairs and she's really sick."

God knows. and we have to learn lessons that sometimes don't make any sense to ourselves. And God loves us all, no matter what kind of sinners we may be.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

WanDash

tkwasny
Here, all are free space travelers, impacted by time that no one can deter. Upon the closing of the recording process (death), all are semi-free time travelers within the unchangeable space envelope they have laid an impression within. We time dwell within this Book of Life envelope serving as the voice of your conscience you are right now feeling the weight of. Your conscience is you after you have died and now knows whats on the "other side". Listen or you will remain stuck in your Envelope for all eternity. There are things you MUST do to install and record the escape Door.

I'll bite -- what MUST one "do to install and record the escape Door"?
This seems reminiscent of teachings ascribed to Don Juan Matus, and/or...(from another perspective)...a number of religions.

The most unexpected thing. You must surrender. At the point where you must "Know" more than your next breath. You are far beyond tears of either longing or joy. There is a trigger point where the reaction is the Presence, that is the Door itself, installs. Words are so very aweful to try and describe what this process is. I can only present metaphors. What can only be understood is the experience itself, within yourself and no one can hand that to you on a silver platter. You have to do the labor. All the things of this world will begin to fade away in their worth and you wouldn't have it any other way. All the metaphors used by all the worlds religions suddenly are understood that they were always metaphors to try and describe the indescribable you now possess. Every religion of the world is not an envelope to wrap yourself in, to hide within, to use as a pry bar, to use as an excuse, to be a definition of what you think you should become. I cannot do the experiencing for anyone. I can only do the describing using movements of shadows and not even the shadows themselves.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

My god, that's just awful.

Lack of memory in this case is probably a tender mercy for you.

You deserve a *lot* of credit for not only living thru that nightmare but for having the positive attitude that you seem to. I don't know if I could do the same...

I wish you nothing but peace & happiness forevermore.

Long days & pleasant nights...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

My religious learning has empowered me to believe but I have held a belief far longer than my steps into my chosen faith (Islam, Sufi order to be precise).

I have a strong desire to exist, not live, to exist that far outweighs the impending end of my body (I am that old now, its only a matter of time) but I am not afraid.

I have found those people who deny death or try to ignore having to actually think long enough and intelligently enough about death are afraid deep down so the use notions such as:

"This is the only life, so live it"

Yes that's great, but I would say respect it, make the most of it and in the process do enough good that you leave an imprint on this world but your personality is strong enough that you carry on existing i.e. the conscious part of you.

When we dream, we are neither dead or alive, not really in control, merely watching from the sideline and that should be a clue as to where we might end up.

I know I will carry on existing, in my natural spiritual form, whatever form that takes and wherever I end up, I know it will be somewhere I have been longing to go to.

Humanity seems to be wanting to live forever but we already grow tired of our bodies and the world past 50, 60 years so what makes people think having an immortal body will satisfy our immortal soul? It won't and that's the reality.

Everything, including this universe we live in, has a decay cycle, things grow old, fade away, born again and so on the cycle continues but there is one consistent part to all of this, everything dies, nothing lives forever and that's the nature of the living universe however because of our limited minds and imaginations we cannot perceive the universe as being alive at every level.

Peace and good health to you my friend.
edit on 11-11-2013 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

tomoe723

I classify that as someone who needs help.

But I can understand someone being really weary.

KPB

sometimes, nothing in this world can help...
thank you for your reply.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Post after post with people claiming they know what happens when you die. Cant take this thread seriously.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

Can you take the question seriously? And I think near death experiences give us clues. Maybe not the answer, but something worth considering.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Everyone has their own personal horror story - everyone you pass in the street has had something horrible happen to them - compare my story with the millions of young children that are sold into sexual slavery every year - those young women who were sexual slaves for a decade - Everyone has a story of some type.

Life is to learn from - learn your lessons and try to have compassion for everyone else - and, everybody's life is a different story.

Sometimes I think that this life is HELL, but I think we are given a choice.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
wow,

just hold on!!

if you feel you can change, make a decision.

but i think you bought a one way ticket.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by droid56

The Bible says . . . NOW is the time . . . TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION . . . choose THIS DAY whom you will serve . . . IT IS APPOINTED UNTO MAN, ONCE TO DIE, AND AFTER DEATH, THE JUDGMENT.

It also says that those who earnestly, diligently, persistently SEEK GOD, SHALL FIND HIM.

For some minority, that may be AT THEIR POINT OF DEATH. But there is NO GUARANTEE of such a last minute chance whatsoever.

For most souls, at that point, it's all decided. There's NO CONTROL over the destiny at that point.

These links may be instructive:

MARY BAXTER BOOKS:

A DIVINE REVELATION OF HELL:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380471069&sr=8-1&keywords=mary++Baxter

A DIVINE REVELATION OF HEAVEN:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380471069&sr=8-2&keywords=mary++Baxter

A DIVINE REVELATION OF ANGELS

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1380471069&sr=8-9&keywords=mary++Baxter

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL: A LITTLE BOY’S ASTOUNDING STORY OF HIS TRIP TO HEAVEN AND BACK:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380471321&sr=8-1&keywords=TODD+BURPO

The spirit of God is with you.

God bless you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join