It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregano Oil – The Most Important Survival Medicine Ever

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hello again everyone. I just to catch everyone up with my new adventure in taking natural meds. I went to this store in town and the sales lady was so very nice and walked me around and answered my questions for me. I bought the oregano oil she suggested and arnic 30X I may have spelled the arnic wrong.

I started taking the oregano oil and 3 days later it got cold here in mid Florida.... and when ever there is a temp change I get sick, Well I started getting sick. My friend on here said to double my arnic so I did and the next day I woke up sick free. Never ever has that happens to me. I am always sick till it turns into a sinus infection and so on. The arnic I did not have much luck with at all. My first dose helped the pain in my knees a little bit but then on nothing. I ended up using them up 6 at a time because it would help me sleep. So I thought I would order it offline. well I do not think I got the right stuff because it does not help me with pain at all.

So anyhow I ran out of the Oregano Oil and went back to the store to get more, and beside the one I originally got was a cheaper one so I got that one. I have been sick all weekend and yes it is turning into a sinus infection. So back to the store. I got the right Oregano Oil, the difference was the cheap one does not have P73 So look for that when you get it. I also got me that sovereign silver stuff for my immune system and I thought I read on here it is like a antibiotic. Am I right? Anyhow hours later and a two hour nap later I am feeling much better.

Please can someone send me a link to a reputable website that sells ARnic 300X and or something that has been time proven to help with major pain.

One more thing. I LOVE you all guys and gals. My true friends are right here at my finger tips. xoxo

Stari
edit on 15-12-2013 by Stari because: Can you OD on natural meds? Just thought I better ask

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Your claim that plant constituents are changing is an alarming one. Do you have any links to articles regarding this?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Some 20 years ago I was invited to take part in a symposium in Scotland to discuss the changes that were already being found in the molecular structure of plants. There were all types of biologists, micro biologists, meteorologists, chemists along with the likes of myself who has a background in geography, but was/am a clinical aromatherapist.
The change in the molecular structure of plants (now expanded into the genome) was already accepted from scientific experiments. What we were discussing was the ratio of climate and man made effect on plants eg pesticides, and what the resultant effect would be on humans, grazing animals and indeed our food crops to medicine. The medicinal properties part was my field.
Plants adapt and change to their environment for survival far quicker than humans do. They can also be predictors of 'up coming' diseases. They also, if left in their natural environment proliferate to be available when an epidemic is about to arise.
It is a huge subject which pharmaceutical companies would rather the public did not know anything about.

Anyway, I have found some links for you to articles/papers that have since been made available, thanks to the internet. Here are a few to get you going.

www.annualreviews.org...

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.project2061.org...

en.wikipedia.org... (if you can put up with the scientific terms!)

www.ucar.edu...

I think you'll get the gist of it once you've had a look at the above.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Interesting information.

Hopefully people will start to take notice about everything around them that is already there, instead of trying to create things of destruction, and material items that pollute.

The intelligent design that already surrounds us is what we need to learn and communicate with.

There is also a book that I read years ago that was what I found not only amazing, but from my perspective seemed valid from a spiritual standpoint.

The book is Plant Spirit Medicine by Eliot Cowan, he also has a website.

plantspiritmedicine.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have a question...and not sur if it's been asked or not.....
I am used to using Oregano Extract....but my source was shut down.....and I need to get a feel for the dosage difference......where I was using about 20 drops three times a day....obviously with the oil that is way too much.....

Also, I hate messing with capsules......can I mix it with coconut oil to make it palatable????

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Sure, but it'll still be quite strong (taste-wise), of course the caveat here being what type of oil your taking. I used to put one drop in, my large cup of tea and it was still quite strong and I'd feel it on my lips even.

I then bought some gelatin capsules of oil of oregano, and took that (and still do). But every once in awhile for that added kick. I'll cut off with a pair of scissors one of the caps and put it in my oregano eye dropper and add it to my tea. I like the little surge in taste it gives me. Plus it also 'cuts' the taste of the apple cider vinegar I add.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Yeah....and thanks.
I want to avoid as much of that burning taste as I can....and way too lazy to make my own capsules....not to mention not sure how steady my hands would be.

I use it mainly for medicinal reasons....and would be taking a larger dose.....

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Yeah....and thanks.
I want to avoid as much of that burning taste as I can....and way too lazy to make my own capsules....not to mention not sure how steady my hands would be.

I use it mainly for medicinal reasons....and would be taking a larger dose.....

The oil of Oregano is available in already made Gel caps (or vegan caps), I use Natures Way available at my Raleys Healthfood section

No mess. and easy to take with no taste.

edit on 8/11/2014 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

That is a good option...thanks....especially for my finicky husband when he is feeling a bit under the weather.

I've just gotten soooo used to using extracts and tinctures....bad taste and all

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Stari

I think you mean "Arnica'??
We use that for bruises here.

Why don't you just grow your own plants??? I find that to be quite effective...... I am lucky- Oregano grows naturally where I am, as does Arnica, but couldn't you buy seeds and grow in pots or something???

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I guess I could try it, I am not really good with plants. They always seem to need water lol

Stari

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
you can replace Oregano oil with thyme oil

edit on 3-11-2016 by tinhdautram because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth
I have oregano oil but it says external use only, does it have to be organic to be able to ingest?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: citrine

The oregano oil I use does not say for external use only, but it is VERY strong stuff and needs to be diluted with water.

Unless someone with more experience posts about this, I would abide by the label.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Essential oils and water don't mix. It's not the way to take Essential Oils internally....if you feel the need to.
They are potent enough without having to take them internally

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I wasn't talking about essential oils, though.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

But you were.......you said the oil needed to be diluted in water....the oregano you are talking about is the Essential OIl of Oregano yes?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Nope.
I don't use essential oils.....but maybe I equate essential oils with aromatherapy.

I use this, and to avoid the pungent strength, I dilute it with water.
herb pharm
edit on Wed Apr 12 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Well you do now
That's essential Oil of Oregano (as used in Aromatherapy) cut with cane alcohol (dispersant and preservative) and water.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Two types of oils available, or at least the labels used in the industry.

FO = Fragrance Oil which can contain a base like Almond, Hazelnut, etc, with one or more essential oils, and sometime preservatives.

EO = Essential Oil which is the pure oil that comes from the plant. Essential oil the word is very elusive these days and may contain other ingredients besides the 100% pure oil, so make sure to check sources and labels well.

EO is extracted through many methods cold press is the best, then there is solvent extraction which is less desirable, but in many cases the only way to get the EO from the herb, or plant.

It's also a good rule of thumb to understand the EO that is going to be taken. I would highly suggest a person place a small drop on their skin to see the bodies reaction, because some people cannot tolerate full strength, so the 100% oil should be cut with Almond or hazelnut oil.

Just because an oil is at 100% doesn't make it more effective, our bodies many times will facilitate EO better with a base oil or diluted EO.

Less is better, because you can always add more.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join