It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregano Oil – The Most Important Survival Medicine Ever

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Most oils are extracted by steam distillation. The solvent method like you said is not the best as the same with CO2 extraction because you could end up with a chemical residue.
Also in the States, Essential Oils come under the control of the FDA so many oils now are labelled as a food supplement...which is sooooo wrong.

Have to be careful what you add your EO's too as well...some people have nut allergies so a sunflower base/carrier is a safe alternative to a nut oil.......but we digress

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There is a pretty good conversation going on here. I have been studying the oils a bit now, but I still do not understand if there will be possible side effects that will disrupt the natural microbes we live with. Oregano oil kills almost everything, how can that be good for your gut flora. I lack the ability to make enough of some enzymes to process some foods, I kind of am dependent on those little guys to help me out some times.

I know of a lot of the properties of Oregano oil and I think I need to get a bottle for the medicine cabinet. Do you have to refrigerate oils like that? Will they go rancid? Those oils are not cheap. We do use oregano and we have a lot of marjoram growing outside, it would take over our yard if I did not cut it down. Is there much difference in the benefits of marjoram or oregano?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There is a pretty good conversation going on here. I have been studying the oils a bit now, but I still do not understand if there will be possible side effects that will disrupt the natural microbes we live with. Oregano oil kills almost everything, how can that be good for your gut flora.

Anytime anyone is taking things to kill viruses or bacteria they should always supplement with a good probiotic or kefir. Kefir is very easily made at home with milk, or almond milk.

I'm a huge believer in replacing the friendly flora within the body daily.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: Realtruth

Most oils are extracted by steam distillation. The solvent method like you said is not the best as the same with CO2 extraction because you could end up with a chemical residue.
Also in the States, Essential Oils come under the control of the FDA so many oils now are labelled as a food supplement...which is sooooo wrong.

Have to be careful what you add your EO's too as well...some people have nut allergies so a sunflower base/carrier is a safe alternative to a nut oil.......but we digress

Rainbows
Jane

Yes steam distillation is the main one for most EO's. I was trying to finish to fast in my post due to work and got distracted. Thanks for posting this info. I actually have a small setup in my basement. I really do like a cold press method but only certain herbs can be done like this, it's true EO and the smell is wonderful.

Whatever people choose to cut their EO with will be friendly to their particular needs. Base oils to choose from are plentiful these days.
edit on 13-4-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Thanks for the post!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If you are talking Essential Oil...they are very different...very very different.
Can't comment herbally...not a herbalist
Rainbows
Jane x

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

I'm sure you are already aware that the Oregano oil they are talking about ingesting is a vegetable based oil which is infused, probably at about 4:1 ratio. As a Clinical Aromatherapist I will say, great that you are exploring them, Just don't ingest straight Essential oils folks..

Ah, someone already said.

edit on 4-7-2017 by maya27 because: added last line.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I had a bad toothache 2 weeks before my dentist had an opening and I couldn't decide between oregano oil or clove bud oil. I went with clove bud and it really helped.

I'll have to try oregano oil for other issues.

I drink peppermint tea for stomach/digestive issues and use peppermint oil for headaches. I love the way the oil feels cool and tingles.

I have used CS for skin issues.

I have once taken clindamyicin and amoxicillin, plus ibuprofen and aspirin, but that is all I have ever taken. I always go the alernative remedy way.

***I haven't been sick in 17 yrs.
edit on 4-7-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
good

<< 4  5  6   >>

join