It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States breaks out in civil war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Imagine this possible news alert:

News Alert: "A civil war has broken out in the United States"

There has been much talk of a Recount in Ohio and it looks like third parties have secured the funds for a recount.

Ohio recount all but certain

My question I am posing in this thread is WHAT IF:

(lets Entertain this thought for a moment)

The recount showed that president Bush did not take Ohio. Other states conduct recounts and find same errors......

Kerry is declared president........

Causes chain reaction of upset Red state voters to riot and form militias to stop the national guard.......

Americans take arms........

John Titor is hailed as the modern day nostrodamus......

------------OR------------

Kerry is just installed as president and all is fine......

What do you think would happen?

Later,

Reason

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
i'd like to have a little faith in the american man and say no civil war. Over BUSH, hopefully not that would be the worst cause for war EVer.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I really don't think Kerry has a chance at being "installed" as president, any recounts will show President Bush as the victor, I am sure. Even if a recount caused the state to change which side its electoral votes went towards, I see it as unlikely other states would follow suit. It would take no less than a miracle for Kerry to end up the victor.

If that miracle were to occur, I don't think an uprising would take place. The American people would simply accept their new President and go on with their lives. In my opinion, it would take far more than just the numbers being off and the situation corrected to cause a cival war.

Now if Kerry turned out to be the victor yet Bush said "No, Kerry already admitted his failure," or Bush dispatched the National Guard to Kerrys home where they would surround his house, not allowing anyone in or out until Kerry revoked his candidacy (letting Bush stay in by default) then I am sure alot of people would be angry and possibly arming themselves.

By the way, the last scenario which i just described isn't unheard of. Out constitution says American soldiers can't be used against the American citizens for that reason. But, the soldiers in this case would not be used against the citizen (Kerry), instead they would just be "guarding" the area.

Right so, who knows. Anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Though I do not believe there is such a thing as a CIVIL WAR (what could be further from civil) I think we are indeed headed for hard times and a very big difference of opinion has started to raise it's ugly head.

geo

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Eventhough I do not like Bush, I wouldnt want to see civil war. Nothing is going to happen as far as the recounts or anything like that. These people wanting to recount will be silenced and wont go any further.
We will have 4 more years of misery and if we survive, some 500,000 or so deaths later, we might see some light at the end of the tunnel,

My chrystal ball says

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
john titor talked about a civil war being good for us in a way. i almost agree. even though it would be a war, something good would have to come out of it. hopefully.although i would definitly steer clear of it probably mexico. what would you do in the event of a civil war?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think these events would be very unprobable......

If civil war broke out it depends. If it were for a good reason I would stay and fight but more than likely I would take off with my family.

Maybe Europe if possible, In the Balkans.

If there was no way to get out I guess I would stay and Hang out.

I dunno. I don't think a War would help us at all.

Later,

Reason

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
dgtempe,

How do you come up with the number of 500,000 dead?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
well if the U.S (or any other western country) had a civil war you can probly guarentee that it would always benifit someone else (such as a terrorist) as you wouldnt get many people asking where you got weps from ect + strongholds

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If Bush wins he cheated.
If Kerry wins he won.

Atleast if Titor was right we could clean up some liberal garbage.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by imas]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
it is a proven fact that history repeats its self and i believe we are long over due for a civil war. I also Believe that maby we should have listened to John Titor a little more instead of just throwing it off as a hoax. remember if bush got relected anythings posable

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by knights5629
dgtempe,

How do you come up with the number of 500,000 dead?
I imply at the end of 4 more years...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You honestly think there is going to be a civil war? Think about it.

Unless you mean it taking place in a game of Halo, I dont see the whole country taking up arms.

If Kerry were to win then yes there would be some problems, arguing, violence. Especially since a lot of Bush supporters own guns, lol.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
You honestly think there is going to be a civil war? Think about it.

Unless you mean it taking place in a game of Halo, I dont see the whole country taking up arms.

If Kerry were to win then yes there would be some problems, arguing, violence. Especially since a lot of Bush supporters own guns, lol.

nothing like incorporating Halo 2 in a post.

-Reason

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I didnt incorporate Halo 2 in my post

top topics

join