It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epistle of Barnabas 12 - The Angle of Heel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
EB1 | EB2 | EB3 | EB4 | EB6 | EB 7-8 | EB 9-10 | EB 11

Barnabas 12:1
In like manner again He defineth concerning the cross in another
prophet, who saith; And when shall these things be accomplished?
saith the Lord. Whenever a tree shall be bended and stand upright,
and whensoever blood shall drop from a tree. Again thou art taught
concerning the cross, and Him that was to be crucified.

---The implication here is the Angle of Heel of a ship mast. When the mast bends, the angle of heel is changed. The only way to move a ship a new direction is for a captain to allow the mast to bend. In Genesis 3, this is the heel (authority) being changed. The blood is symbolism for the blood that is shed on the cross becoming the new DNA of mankind. Jesus was the first and last Adam. He is the firstfruits of those who follow in baptism.

Barnabas 12:2
And He saith again in Moses, when war was waged against Israel by men
of another nation, and that He might remind them when the war was
waged against them that for their sins they were delivered unto
death; the Spirit saith to the heart of Moses, that he should make a
type of the cross and of Him that was to suffer, that unless, saith
He, they shall set their hope on Him, war shall be waged against them
for ever. Moses therefore pileth arms one upon another in the midst
of the encounter, and standing on higher ground than any he stretched
out his hands, and so Israel was again victorious. Then, whenever he
lowered them, they were slain with the sword.

---The idea of higher ground is symbolism for alignment with the will of God. The right side of truth allows us to occupy the higher ground in life. The left side is against the will of God. The will of God is to give and never take. The truth of life is simple in regard to how we stand or fall. When Moses had his hands raised to God (Hey from the Hebrew Alphabet), then God's hands were lowered against them. When our hands are drawn away from God, God's hand is raised. See Isaiah for this concept of an upraised hand.

Barnabas 12:3
Wherefore was this? That they might learn that they cannot be saved,
unless they should set their hope on Him.

---Hope must be set on the cornerstone. That cornerstone is giving over taking; altruism over objectivism.

Barnabas 12:4
And again in another prophet He saith; The whole day long have I
stretched out My hands to a disobedient people that did gainsay My
righteous way.

---How often do we refuse God's help by our own pride and stiff neck?

Barnabas 12:5
Again Moses maketh a type of Jesus, how that He must suffer, and that
He Himself whom they shall think to have destroyed shall make alive
in an emblem when Israel was falling. For the Lord caused all manner
of serpents to bite them, and they died (forasmuch as the
transgression was wrought in Eve through the serpent), that He might
convince them that by reason of their transgression they should be
delivered over to the affliction of death.

---Exiting Egypt is symbolism for each person coming out of the world of materialism and objectivism. Crossing over the Jordan is the same as parting the waters of baptism to salvage a soul from the process. Entering the promised land is symbolic of our own salvation from the process, but Moses (type of Jesus) having to stay on the other side. Why? Read Job 19 when it mentions the Redeemer and the root of the trouble.

Barnabas 12:6
Yea and further though Moses gave the commandment; Ye shall not
have a molten or a carved image for your God, yet he himself made
one that he might show them a type of Jesus. So Moses maketh a brazen
serpent, and setteth it up conspicuously, and summoneth the people by
proclamation.

---Like Jesus, mankind is given a symbolic representation of God giving to mankind. Moses used this tool as a foreshadowing of the coming Messiah. Again, Job 19 is the process of involution and evolution as symbolized in baptism.

Barnabas 12:7
When therefore they were assembled together they entreated Moses that
he should offer up intercession for them that they might be healed.
And Moses said unto them; Whensoever, said he, one of you shall be
bitten, let him come to the serpent which is placed on the tree, and
let him believe and hope that the serpent being himself dead can make
alive; and forthwith he shall be saved. And so they did. Here again
thou hast in these things also the glory of Jesus, how that in Him
and unto Him are all things.

---Again, the ear of grain must first be broken to express in good soil. The soil must be prepared and watered. Too much sun is not healthy for the plant. Sin was necessary to teach the law. Faith removes the guardian (Galatians 3).

Barnabas 12:8
What again saith Moses unto Jesus (Joshua) the son of Nun, when he
giveth him this name, as being a prophet, that all the people might
give ear to him alone, because the Father revealeth all things
concerning His Son Jesus?

---Again, what does it mean to 'give ear' in relation to the grain and bread we share? What does it mean for Adam to be both the root of the trouble and the Redeemer of mankind in the end? We, who are many, are one loaf. By Son of Nun, we have two bits of symbolism. Nun means seed and is the second letter of the word Son. Son, in Hebrew, is Bet (House) Nun (Seed). Ben is the word we use for Son. All things are revealed through the Word, which is the Living Word (Son of God) risen back to the Father. He is our High Priest to God in place of man as high priest. He is not simply our kinsman, he is our Father. Additionally, we are His forefathers from the fall to the first century. His is now our forefather of the new man. This is what it means for Elijah to restore the sons to fathers and the fathers to the sons.

Barnabas 12:9
Moses therefore saith to Jesus the son of Nun, giving him this name,
when he sent him as a spy on the land; Take a book in thy hands,
and write what the Lord saith, how the Son of God shall cut up by
the roots all the house of Amalek in the last days.

---Here, we have a bit of information that can now be researched. Amalekites had an inborn hatred for Israel. They took any opportunity to attack them. See this article...

Barnabas 12:10
Behold again it is Jesus, not a son of man, but the Son of God, and
He was revealed in the flesh in a figure. Since then men will say
that Christ is the son of David, David himself prophesieth being
afraid and understanding the error of sinners; The Lord said unto
my Lord, Sit thou on My right hand until I set thine enemies for a
footstool under Thy feet.

---Read about the enemy being made the footstool in Revelation 20, Enoch One, 1 Corinthians 15 and just about any story in the scriptures. Each story represents a foreshadow of this day and age. To rise again during the time of peace, you must have faith in God. God prepares the soil first.
edit on 8-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Barnabas 12:11
And again thus sayith Isaiah; The Lord said unto my Christ the
Lord, of whose right hand I laid hold, that the nations should give
ear before Him, and I will break down the strength of kings. See
how David calleth Him Lord, and calleth Him not Son.

---I leave you to understand this on your own. Consider the progression as we see it end today. 6000 years culminates in this event. The event horizon of the Day of the Lord is outlined here:

1 Corinthians 15

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

29 Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them? 30 And as for us, why do we endanger ourselves every hour? 31 I face death every day—yes, just as surely as I boast about you in Christ Jesus our Lord. 32 If I fought wild beasts in Ephesus with no more than human hopes, what have I gained? If the dead are not raised,

“Let us eat and drink,
for tomorrow we die.”[d]
33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”[e] 34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame.

I say Deny Ignorance! Allow God to change your angle of heel. Bend the mast and take a new direction.

AMEN!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
And your avid followers are just as plentiful as ever. If the presence of your groupies is anything to go by, I'd say you're not very convincing. You may want to look into that. And honestly, your rambling is getting a little tiring.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
And your avid followers are just as plentiful as ever. If the presence of your groupies is anything to go by, I'd say you're not very convincing. You may want to look into that. And honestly, your rambling is getting a little tiring.

Yet, you come back again and again. This is not for those who cannot understand. It is for a later date. The fact that there are no responses has little to do with the value of something that is evident. This soil is being prepared. A gardener must suffer the hoe if he wishes to reap the harvest. It's a lonely job. If you already know you do not enjoy the food here, why do you keep returning to the table?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

One does not leave a fool to dance naked in traffic. I'm being the concerned citizen and letting you know that you sound like you've been drinking some bad kool aid.
edit on 8-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

One does not leave a fool to dance naked in traffic. I'm being the concerned citizen and letting you know that you sound like you've been drinking some bad kool aid.
edit on 8-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I agree that warning the fool is important.

Revelation 3:18
I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I was under the impression that the Gospel of Barnabas was rejected by Christians as a forgery that diverts from Christian beliefs. It denies that Jesus was the messiah, and claims that Muhammad was actually the messiah.christianity.stackexchange.com...

edit on 8-11-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

windword

I was under the impression that the Gospel of Barnabas was rejected by Christians as a forgery that diverts from Christian beliefs. It denies that Jesus was the messiah, and claims that Muhammad was actually the messiah.christianity.stackexchange.com...

edit on 8-11-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

You are speaking of the counterfeit 'Gospel' of Barnabas and not the Epistle of Barnabas.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Christianity in a nutshell:

Wait for things to be fixed, don't take the Initiative yourself, just wait for Jesus to come back to fix it for you. All those bad things happening around you? Don't worry, that's the way it was meant to be. Wait and you will be rewarded, even while those in power destroy everything, just wait and let them do what they want while you do nothing but wait... and wait... and wait... and wait. It'll happen soon, just wait.

Christianity: the never ending waiting game.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Ah! My bad. I must'v spelled epistle wrong when I did a Google search, 'cuz all I got was the "Gospel of Barnabas". Just searched again and got lots of hits for the "Epistle of Barnabas".

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
Christianity in a nutshell:

Wait for things to be fixed, don't take the Initiative yourself, just wait for Jesus to come back to fix it for you. All those bad things happening around you? Don't worry, that's the way it was meant to be. Wait and you will be rewarded, even while those in power destroy everything, just wait and let them do what they want while you do nothing but wait... and wait... and wait... and wait. It'll happen soon, just wait.

Christianity: the never ending waiting game.

Taking the initiative yourself is allowing God to open your ears. Seed comes from hearing. It must be crushed first, then it needs good soil. That job is partly yours. Mostly, it's God's work to prepare a willing heart. Again, willingness is your department. When you finally figure out that you are not capable, surrender it to God and he fights for you. He will not fail. If you ask, he gives you the Living Water necessary to grow new seeds in good soil.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Taking the initiative is to try and change things yourself. Loving others is that initiative, everything falls into place after that. Love is within you, meaning so is God so it is YOUR responsibility to show your love. If everyone showed love for one another, this would be heaven.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Taking the initiative is to try and change things yourself. Loving others is that initiative, everything falls into place after that. Love is within you, meaning so is God so it is YOUR responsibility to show your love. If everyone showed love for one another, this would be heaven.

You cannot change yourself. God produces the changed heart by faith. This is His work and not yours. We only know this from the revelation of it by God's Word. God is one of the others to love. Faith is seeing that God is faithful. The Bible is a perfect reflection of the process. Not just the Bible. There are many other sources, but Christ is the only way to the Father. Your works cannot save you. They must first reflect the point of God's Word, the Living Word of His Son. This is a reflection of your own thoughts, words and deeds if you are in Christ. Works do not produce faith. Faith produces works that bear fruit.

God must be the one that changes you. Heart is Hear with a t. T is Tav (The Cross). H is Hey, or behold a great work. Ear is a Grain or Seed. To hEAR is to change the Heart. Hey means a great work of God and not man.

top topics

join