It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Michael Icon in Greece is Shedding Tears

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

Jesus also said " i have come not too lay down,,the Law too Rest!,, but too fullfill the Law.

and then went on about jots and titles,,

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

St Micheal is the angel that is said to lead people home. In that light. I'd be crying too. Situation here is so bad now, the paradox of abuse so gloabl that ppl cant rise above it if they wanted to. Even when ppl do find a freedom from it, they are sucked back down into density by the same forces that lift them from it.

Then, idly speculating, perhaps Michael's seeing for the first time the full consequences to human kind ( Gods creation) of his choice to dump the crap of heaven - satan etc- down here on the earth in hsi hurry to rid his own domain of them. Whatever capacity he though we humans may have had to overcome that, we obviously lost it somewhere...if up there considered consequences like that at all to begin with

who knows..

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

ketsuko

adjensen

Eh, one of the things that drove me out of church was that it got to be too much love and "Buddy" Jesus to use a Dogma reference.

Well, seeing as how Jesus said that all the teachings hang on Love, and that God IS Love. Pretty sure love should be the staple of Christian teachings and practice, if Jesus is really to be followed. I'm pretty sure one way you couldn't characterize mainstream christian practice as is 'too loving.'

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

ketsuko
Eh, one of the things that drove me out of church was that it got to be too much love and "Buddy" Jesus to use a Dogma reference.

Well, seeing as how Jesus said that all the teachings hang on Love, and that God IS Love. Pretty sure love should be the staple of Christian teachings and practice, if Jesus is really to be followed. I'm pretty sure one way you couldn't characterize mainstream christian practice as is 'too loving.'

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I don't know if you know, but would they eventually call in the Pope or someone high ranking in the Catholic church to look at things like this? To authenticate?

Unlikely, seeing as the icon was found in a Greek Orthodox church. They might call in the Archbishop of Athens or something. But maybe he can give the Pope a call for a second opinion?
edit on 9-11-2013 by Subnatural because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I believe this and wish the catholic church and the orthodox church could reintegrate as the orthodox church is the real one, they differ because the catholic church broke away when a group of latin bishops created a forged document granting them control of the western empire and the arch bishop on behalf of the orthodox pope was touring the christian realm and the western half of the empire from constantinople, they forged the popes signature and when they displayed the document to the bishop he placed his seal to it believing it genuine, with this seal the Roman catholic church broke away claiming it was autonomous from the orthodox church though most of the catochysm remained the same and the faithfull remained faithfull, the catholic church became the bigger as after is broke away it was not bordered by the growing force of islam and it's bishops and preisthood were for a very long time corrupt with the papacy litteraly being for sale to whomever could bribe the bishops, cue the borgia but also they laid claim that they were the legitimate heirs of peter the apostle, the church was unified before this since Constantine had made the state religion of the roman empire christianity but he had moved the captial away from Rome to his new capital that he renamed constantinople formerly caller Byzantium, it was fabulously wealthy and commanded a central place in the empire as well as commanding the trade route of the bosphorous and the link between the eastern and western empires which is why he chose it, www.roman-empire.net...
The real vatican was St Sophia which was the largest domed structure in the world for a long time but after the final crusade was perverted from it's cause by the venetian merchant's (Venice was founded by the last of the REAL Romans when the visigoths drove them into the marshes) whom tricked the crusaders into going unarmed onto an island were they put them into debt and then blackmailed them into agreeing to attack Constantinople instead of Palastine, christians instead of muslims, the crusaders did so and the city was sacked, the turin shroud was one of the relics that was believed recovered as they were worth money through pilgrimage revenue in the medievil europe, after this black escapade the will always damn the west constantinople was too weak and too impoverished to maintain it's borders and the turk tribe drove them down and conquered them then for the first time putting the west in the firing line of the muslims other than the invasion of spain of course.
The Venetians though being unscrupulous made great wealth from everyone else suffering as did the crusaders whom stole the relics of constantinople which they build great cathedrals to show off and controled the roads leading to these new pilgrimage sites raising wealth for themselves like they could only dream of before.

I was baptized a catholic and am a marionite christian but I see only two original true churches, the Assyriac orthodox (founded by the Jew christians and still using Arameic the language spoken at the time of christ for it's catachysm) and the Greek orthodox (the original nicean creed church) though the faith of the millions of catholics has done what no corrupt bishop ever could and legitimized the catholic church as have the many true saint's and it is because of this the catholic church is also a true church but there is only one christ and who are we to divide his body when it was meant to unify us in him.
God bless

edit on 9-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

What "Orthodox Pope"?

My understanding is that the Eastern Orthodox churches are Bishop-led, not led by a certain person.

The Papal Office extends back to Peter (or to the generation after him, depending on who you ask,) as the Bishop of Rome, nothing more than that, and saying that the Bishop of Constantinople is/was the real Pope doesn't really have any basis that I am aware of.

The beef between the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches wasn't about who was the Pope and held sway over the whole of the church, but whether anyone could claim that. Rome said "yes", the Eastern churches said "no", and thus, the Great Schism of 1054.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Maybe he is weeping over the lives lost in the Philippines.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Didn't anyone watch the whole video?

At the 3:00 mark there is a close up of the painting's face. And it is quite obvious that the liquid is not coming from the eyes, but from some point higher up on the painting above the head.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

craig732

At the 3:00 mark there is a close up of the painting's face. And it is quite obvious that the liquid is not coming from the eyes, but from some point higher up on the painting above the head.

Yeah...it's a clever ruse to attract the gullible who will donate money that they will use to fix the hole in the roof thats leaking water on the painting...

Simples

Å99

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

craig732

Maybe Micheal isn't crying, maybe he's "sweating bullets". Before a person goes into a situation that makes them uneasy, anxious, just plain nervous... they tend to perspire hehe.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

You are correct and my lengthy and overwinded quote as based on bad pre internet information I read somewhere so When I looked up the schism it turned out I was talking through my nether regions, Just a little embarrasing www.dummies.com...
There is an eastern orthodox pope but he is the Coptic orthodox nothing to do with the Greek orthodox or Russian orthodox and I am not certain if the Assyriac church has a pope as it split and half joined the catholic church,.
Thanks for correcting me and it shows my lack of knowledge on theological history as concerns the catholic history, still I think I like this Pope Francis and he has set out to mend the church but god knows he has an uphill battle even from the Papal throne.

Make's me wonder though if what I read all those years ago was actually anti catholic propeganda, I was never much of a church goer though I do believe in christ and the father, I also believe in the miracles of lourdes but that is another matter.
I call myself a marionite christian because I aknowlege the blessed virgin as the mother of christianity and recognise the anti marionite rhetoric as actually originating in non christian patriarchal circles (nothing to do with protestantism as I believe Martin luther was a good man whom was an evangelist taking the word of god to the people).
This is something that ever christian should remember as it was amongst our lords final acts from the cross, John 26
26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman, here is your son,” 27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.
www.biblegateway.com...
Jesus took our place on the cross and died for us, he gave us the only mother whom was worthy to bear him as our heavenly mother, this is one of the earliest traditions of the christian faith, all ancient christian sects honour the virgin mary and call her the holy mother, later misinterpretation led to marionite christians being persecuted even if they were not christian and this was performed in error based on misinterpretation.
His apostle whom he loved, a christian whom was as he wanted US to be, so if we achieve that he want's us to respect his mother as our own.

edit on 10-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

It is. Don't get me wrong. But think about your parents. They surely loved you didn't they? However, did they always give you everything you wanted? Were they always your "buddy" or did they also sometimes discipline you and make you feel like you were pretty well "unloved," not because you actually were but because they had to make you a decent human being instead of the selfish little beast children start out being and continue to be until and unless you civilize them and teach them how to be compassionate, caring individuals who think about others at least as much as if not more than themselves?

To me, that's who God is - more like my loving parent than my "Buddy." He loves me, and He will always love, but that won't stop him from holding me accountable for being an awful, unloving human being and not asking forgiveness, either.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What would Moses do?

In ancient times people could get a statue of a lady with 20 breasts to squirt milk and only the profane would be amazed. Then again, maybe it was the tricksters who were truly profane..

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AceInPlace

"What would Moses do? ",,,he would ask God directly.
or are u saying his god,,does not , nor ever did exist?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

BobAthome

"What would Moses do? ",,,he would ask God directly.
or are u saying his god,,does not , nor ever did exist?

No I'm not saying that lol

Physical things don't talk or hear us/you, so why they would cry out is beyond me heh..

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

"Physical things don't talk or hear us/you,"
im physical,,your physical,,your talking,,?,,im seeing??
thats physical,,right?
edit on 11/10/2013 by BobAthome because: beyond me aswell

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

craig732

Yes and it appears there is wetness on his forehead. That indicates it may be coming from the roof. I would like to believe in a more spiritual causation but that part makes me think leaky roof. What of this Michael from the other church? Someone said it has tears as well?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Why did smilies appear as soon as I clicked reply?

*Spooked, but in a good way*

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

BobAthome

"Physical things don't talk or hear us/you,"
im physical,,your physical,,your talking,,?,,im seeing??
thats physical,,right?
edit on 11/10/2013 by BobAthome because: beyond me aswell

I'm trying to convey that it's not the same as Spirit. Jewelry cannot communicate with you, neither can wood, stone etc. Perhaps I should have said non living things...

An icon falls under the category of non living.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join