It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Michael Icon in Greece is Shedding Tears

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
In late October of this year a Icon (painting) of Saint Michael the Arch Angel began weeping tears. I have heard of paintings and statues of Mary and even Jesus doing the same, but this is the first time I ever heard of Saint Michael crying.

People are at a lost as to what this means. It is upsetting and appears to be an omen of something bad on the horizon.

In the article's video you see the clergyman who is examining the tears touch them and then smell his fingers. It is not uncommon for the tears to have a smell, often myrhh.

A Wonderworking Icon of the Archangel Michael Weeps in Rhodes

As of today, the icon continues to weep in its new environment, sometimes stopping but then continuing again, and it is even reported that a second icon of the Archangel Michael is weeping from the original church as well. Large crowds have gathered to venerate the icon and have been anointed with the holy myrrh.

So what is the big deal? St. Michael is the warrior angel who is to cast Satan into Hell.

Revelation 12:7-9

And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war, and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole [a]world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

A bit of history about Saint Michael and his importance in Catholicism can be found here:
THE SAINT MICHAEL PRAYER

I remember as a child reciting the St. Michael prayer after every Mass. After Vatican 2 that practice discontinued, which to me, was the worst thing that happened after the Council. Nowadays priests rarely talk about Hell in their homilies and I think that is a tragedy. In an attempt to downplay the fire and brimstone preaching they treat Hell as though it doesn't exist.

What does it mean?

I can't see this as being anything but a foreboding of trouble,

English Language YouTube

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
here u go,,

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Thank you!
I really need to learn how to post videos.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I kinda have my doubts.

It has already been shown how statues are made to appear to cry using an exacto knife and a lil pump.

perhaps they are trying to boost tourism

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I am always amazed by this phenomena myself though I am non denominational. The Catholic church/es always have breathtakingly beautiful art and every once in a while I do hear of statues and paintings exhibiting signs of "distress?". It ranges from tears to stigmata and they tend to fade away from the public after it is reported... which is sad. I am sure not all of the reported instances are real for whatever reasons but I still like to look into it for curiosity sake.

I certainly believe it is possible for signs to be shown in any number of ways, and I believe we are in a time that would have most heavenly bodies weeping at what we have become and the things we have done.

I don't know if you know, but would they eventually call in the Pope or someone high ranking in the Catholic church to look at things like this? To authenticate?

S&F
edit on 11/8/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Thank you for posting this..

I grew up in the roman catholic church, began to question things - I'm 50 years old. I remember the Michael, the Archangel prayer and why it was written.

The world is a mess. It's hard not to believe we are in the "endtimes" of revelations, but the catholic church has never said it is "endtimes" revelations, and passes it off as "history".

Those catholics who are all gung-ho over this new jesuit pope francis, I'm afraid, are going to have a very rude awakening at some point.

Pray to Jesus for help for the world. The world desperately needs Jesus, our Saviour.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yeah...i've never cried for joy in my life...

Å99
edit on 8-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
leaky roof...maybe ? probably.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

In an attempt to downplay the fire and brimstone preaching they treat Hell as though it doesn't exist.

Not really. I teach 10th grade Catholic Confirmation classes, and we still talk about it, but the point of the teaching is that you want to live in such a way that you get to Heaven, not that you live in such a way as to avoid Hell. It's a positivistic approach, as opposed to the fear oriented "fire and brimstone" types, who use Hell as a way to scare people toward salvation. That works for some people, but it's one of the things that drove me to convert out of Protestantism.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by BobAthome

Thank you!
I really need to learn how to post videos.

Just hit "quote" on the poster's post and look at their coding, remember how it's done, and you've got your video posting access!

And how come these statues and paintings are always crying out of the eyes, and not sweating from their armpits or something? One of these icons should mix it up a bit.
edit on 8-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

adjensen

In an attempt to downplay the fire and brimstone preaching they treat Hell as though it doesn't exist.

Not really. I teach 10th grade Catholic Confirmation classes, and we still talk about it, but the point of the teaching is that you want to live in such a way that you get to Heaven, not that you live in such a way as to avoid Hell. It's a positivistic approach, as opposed to the fear oriented "fire and brimstone" types, who use Hell as a way to scare people toward salvation. That works for some people, but it's one of the things that drove me to convert out of Protestantism.

Eh, one of the things that drove me out of church was that it got to be too much love and "Buddy" Jesus to use a Dogma reference.

I don't want a 24/7 fire and brimstone approach, but I feel it never hurts to occasionally be reminded that we will be held accountable for our sins, too, so we need to take responsibility for our actions and walk the walk and not just be Sunday pew jockeys. I'm sure you know the types I'm referring to.

As to this, I'm always a bit skeptical of the Catholic Church and it's plethora of miracles and apparitions. I guess they also happen in small Evangelical congregations, too, but I think God speaks to us quietly these days rather than with flashy showmanship more often than not.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

ketsuko
I don't want a 24/7 fire and brimstone approach, but I feel it never hurts to occasionally be reminded that we will be held accountable for our sins, too, so we need to take responsibility for our actions and walk the walk and not just be Sunday pew jockeys. I'm sure you know the types I'm referring to.

Oh, trust me, there's no guilt like Catholic guilt, lol.

No, the approach is that we need to focus less on the negative and more on the positive. In class on Wednesday, we were talking about the Ten Commandments, and I said that, instead of getting mired in all those "thou shalt nots", and all that they entail, just do your best to live by Jesus' Two commandments, love God and love your neighbour as yourself, and then you don't have to worry about the "thou shalt nots", because you can't break any of the Ten if you hold to the Two.

Positive, loving, instead of negative, avoiding.

edit on 8-11-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

LOL, what a load a crock! Babylonian Mystery Cult crap!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks for the tip, Aleister.
I will give it a shot.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Interesting, I wonder if there are any statues of The Devil crying...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

How can an angel become a saint?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

From the Roman Catholic view, a Saint is a follower of Christ. So, an angel who was a follower of Christ could be a Saint.

Bear in mind that Saints are only really supported in the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and Anglican church theologies. The concept is treated differently in other perspectives (under Methodism, for example, all Christians are considered to be Saints.)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The world is in the saddest shape with so much suffering and pain for the vast majority of people and much of nature. How could any real angel not be crying, and Michael is a Light Being from Beyond the Universe, filled with Love.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

he's also filled with a Duty.

"for he grabbed hold of that Serpent,, etc,,,

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

adjensen

No, the approach is that we need to focus less on the negative and more on the positive. In class on Wednesday, we were talking about the Ten Commandments, and I said that, instead of getting mired in all those "thou shalt nots", and all that they entail, just do your best to live by Jesus' Two commandments, love God and love your neighbour as yourself, and then you don't have to worry about the "thou shalt nots", because you can't break any of the Ten if you hold to the Two.

Positive, loving, instead of negative, avoiding.

edit on 8-11-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

This is fabulous and definitely a "teaching" I can get behind. I am no longer a member of the Christian Church for reasons that are far too numerous and lengthy to get into here, however I do consider myself a follower of Jesus (among other enlightened Teachers). When I left the dogma behind I brought Jesus with me, I'm sure he understands why lol! I believe the world would be in much better shape if other's could get past the fire and brimstone fear mongering of organized religion and instead see the LOVE that our Creator intended.

But alas, we are human and weak by nature, allowing us to be swayed this way and that at the whims of TPTB, no matter which powers those may actually be... Hollywood, materialism, selfishness... ego on the whole!

Not sure how I feel about weeping paintings, statues or other such religious symbols though. It is interesting, absolutely, but to put my faith in ritualistic symbols (false idols), absolutely not. I do agree we are in a very sad state as a species and it would not surprise me one iota if we are living in the foretold "endtimes", keeping in mind the "END" as it were/is has been spoken of in virtually every belief system of mankind.... just sayin'!

Thank you for sharing OP, S&F for you my friend, great conversation starter.
edit on 9-11-2013 by IrishCream because: spelling... it's late

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join