It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers dumbfounded by discovery of a new type of space object

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Maby a kind of sublimation? Dry ice does the same thing. Spews jets of material, spins wildly etc. An outside heating could help explain its behavior.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

I put this in my thread on the subject so I'm not going to type it all out again, but they think it is unlikely to contain ice.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11/8/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: oops

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
(In my best Barney Fife voice)
Well....ya see what we have here is just a reflection from the planet Venus, mixed with a hallucination.

Seriously though, It's very strange at how the light shines from it the way it does. I would like to see some HD close-ups of it from NASA(LOL).

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

HubbleSaw
This is pure speculation ... but what is hidden in plain sight?

Comets have particle and ion tails!

Space craft can use particle accelerators and ion drives as propulsion!

Nasa wanted to capture an asteroid to use as a spacestation!

The White House's Office of Science and Technology is currently mulling over a proposal from Caltech scientists that describes a plan to capture a near-Earth asteroid and bring it into the moon's orbit. If approved, the $2.6 billion plan would see the development of a robotic spacecraft that would transport a 500-ton asteroid to the lunar orbit by 2025 where it could be mined for resources and even converted into a base for human habitation. At the same time, it would also offer an unprecedented opportunity to jump-start a mission to Mars — and even launch missions into deep space.
The proposal was put together by the Keck Institute for Space Studies (KISS), a group that is investigating the feasibility of identifying, capturing, and returning an asteroid to the vicinity of Earth. The report, a collaborative effort involving scientists from NASA Ames, Goddard Space Flight Center, the Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition, and many other institutions, is an effort to explore the ways in which space-based natural resources can be exploited. And indeed, given the tremendous costs of sending material into orbit, it's an idea that makes a lot of sense.

Maybe it is occupied and under control?...

... And perfectly undercover!

I believe that it is more than just a rock!

Does this earth live?... Does the sun live?... Yes life comes in all forms... It began with a single spirit that became aware... Spirits came before angels... A spiritual soul was the first... The First ASS of them all... Abbas Living Light and six spirits that created everything... For A Total Of Seven... Six in heaven and One on the ground...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

minkmouse,

Now, that's funny! I have TWO ex-wives that park like that!

hadituptohere

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Maybe it's a fragment of a large, derelict vessel that's been orbiting this system for hundreds of thousands of years. Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

All,

The object is a space craft. It's here to either aid or witness humanity's birth into a new age. Which one is it? Will it help or watch? I don't know. Hard to say. So many ET races are here, it's like a Wal-Mart parking lot at Christmas time out there!

Yes, we are moving into a new age. Yes, the turmoil you see around the world has a purpose. Yes, humanity is on the verge of breaking free from the "matrix."

Each of you is far, far more than you think. Each of you is a sovereign soul of our universe, an individuated consciousness in a quantum ocean of consciousness.

And being stuck here on this planet is a bummer. Good thing we're going home soon...

hadituptohere

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hadituptohere

The object is a space craft. It's here to either aid or witness humanity's birth into a new age. Which one is it? Will it help or watch? I don't know. Hard to say. So many ET races are here, it's like a Wal-Mart parking lot at Christmas time out there!

Yes, we are moving into a new age. Yes, the turmoil you see around the world has a purpose. Yes, humanity is on the verge of breaking free from the "matrix."

....And you know all this how?

I won't even speculate how, so if you'd enlighten us, please.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Chamberf=6

soficrow
reply to post by Maxmars

Already posted here.

Was going to say the same thing...your thread in this same forum came first.www.abovetopsecret.com...

...although mine in a different forum came yesterday morning www.abovetopsecret.com...

just being stoopid, ignore me.

lol - Didn't realize that was you. Continue. ...Good catch btw.

P.S. Hope you realize I linked your thread when I saw it. ...I saw the report on CBC news, searched ATS news - posted when I didn't find anything 'cuz I thought it a cool and most newsworthy story. Didn't mean to step on any egos , i mean toes.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

No stepping on anything here.

I was just being silly (or trying to be).

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

minkmouse
It's my x wife trying to park!

That...... was...... awesome....

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

signalfire

I never really understood this whole comet thing. It's like a movie plot more than a real life thing.

JMHO.

Well they can certainly make a movie with this fire cracker
asteroid

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
someone said "Blue Kachina" already...right?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The image linked below shows the two pictures taken of the mysterious object on Sept. 10th and 23rd by the Hubble Space Telescope. The direction of the Sun is indicated and the tails are labeled a. through f. We're told that the pressure of the solar wind would smear the dust out into the tails. Odd then, it seems, that tails b. and c. are at about right angles to the direction of the Sun. Tail a. extends outward, its end pointing about 60 degrees from the Sun on Sept. 10th and around 30 degrees on Sept. 23rd. hubblesite.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Really easy to digest article on this here.

A prediction of this idea is that the dust is flung off in the equatorial plane of the asteroid, so follow-up observations will try to determine the poles of the asteroid as well as the actual spin rate.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Chamber,

The short answer to how I know these things is because I'm here to help Terra and humanity make this transition.

The long answer would require several volumes of information.

There are readers of Above Top Secret who know this and there are readers of Above Top Secret that don't: on Earth, right now, there are humans who have deep and secret knowledge.

How many are here? I don't know. I can only guess.

What do these people know? They know things that are magnificent beyond description. They know how our world truly works, who is truly in charge here and that there is nothing, absolutely nothing, to fear.

It's a hell of a leap to go from thinking you are just a human body living a short life to understanding that you are an infinite, sovereign entity of our universe, endowed with the gift of consciousness, but it's true.

The body you occupy is not you. You have used many different vessels in your travels through the cosmos.

You don't remember any of this, but you will. Very soon.

hiuth

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm gonna have to go with Chinese lantern.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Hijinx
reply to post by HooHaa

Don't you mean they're? As in they-are?

Their, here is a description of ownership. Their(ownership), here(object).

I'm sorry I can not understand what it is you are trying to communicate with us.

I think you do understand, you even stated your understanding of the communication. Misspelled words are far harder to respectfully fault someone on than the arrogance of grammar nazis.

That being said, lots of things expand when heated, I think that's how rockets work. Something is inside expanding as it nears a heat source, multiple ports of exit, multiple points of thrust, therefore a probable erratic vector, as well as multiple 'trails', obviously visible, meaning a visible 'fuel' contained within the 'comet'.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

drphilxr
someone said "Blue Kachina" already...right?

Yes, on a different thread. Screams it actually.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I say the Sun is behind this. It is at solar max, and we just recently saw Comet Linear unexpectedly brighten a few weeks ago. It could be the result of CME's propagated out to those distances. This asteroid probably has a lot of water content, and now it is being bombarded with enough energy to release it. What else could account for it, if it was not recently in a collision with another asteroid? Scientists say it was not, because there would be other evidence.

Look at the technology increases since the last 11 year cycle and those before it. We never had this ability to peer out like that and see the consequences of CME waves arriving in the asteroid belt, and onward to the outer realm of the solar system. Just IMHO, but I think it makes sense.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join