It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Klingon elected in New York State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Mods if this is in the wrong place please move. Maybe it should be in the Aliens and UFO forum.

Looks like the Klingon empire is extending its influence to Tomkins County, New York.

Klingon elected in New York State

These days, there are all sorts of third parties in American elections. But only Tomkins County, New York can claim representation with the Klingon Empire, after voters elected a prolific “Star Trek” guest actor to a local town board Tuesday.

John Hertzler, according to the Star Trek wiki Memory-Alpha, is one of a handful of actors who have played more than seven roles, including the Klingon general Martok, in the enduring and popular science fiction franchise. Hertzler was elected to the Ulysses Town Board for a two year period Tuesday, Albany Watch Blog reports.

OK but the real question is can the Klingon general Martok acyually lead American?

Nevertheless, the newly elected board member’s professional experience suggests he is a force to be reckoned with. According to Memory-Alpha, Markok’s “brilliant leadership during the Dominion War made him very popular both among other warriors and among the civilian population. As the leader of the House of Martok, he became a good friend of Worf while the two were stationed together on Deep Space 9.”

Apparently he can. Good luck General!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Nothing outrageous at all. Certainly when you consider a robot killing machine from the future used to be governor of California.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Martok! Yes!

I wonder what he looks like without his makeup? Michael Dorn is almost unrecognizable without his Worf makeup on. It's the voice though that gives him away.

I'd love to see him shout some Klingon words at his opponent in a political debate.

"Sa' Martok 'ej, qagho' jIH Hoch batlh Hutlh!"

(I am general Martok and I will crush you, as you have no honor!)

Good stuff...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Um? But? Was he running under a Klingon platform?

Now, that would be something. That little town would be taking over all the surrounding towns and subjecting them to their rule with plans on National, world and then system-wide dominance.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Just for you Mystic.

John Garman "J.G." Hertzler w/o the makeup.

reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Um? But? Was he running under a Klingon platform?

Not really sure but supposedly he was heard muttering something about "Dying in glorious battle!"

edit on 103pm3131pm72013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Kaplah! Martok!. May death come swiftly to your enemies!
For the Empire!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Heh, thats pretty awesome actually.Martok. I wonder if he's going to talk Klingon in meetings just to mess with folks.

edit on 6-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Oops! double post folks sorry.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Q'pla Martok!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

MystikMushroom
Martok! Yes!

I wonder what he looks like without his makeup? Michael Dorn is almost unrecognizable without his Worf makeup on. It's the voice though that gives him away.

I'd love to see him shout some Klingon words at his opponent in a political debate.

"Sa' Martok 'ej, qagho' jIH Hoch batlh Hutlh!"

(I am general Martok and I will crush you, as you have no honor!)

Good stuff...

You sir, are a NERD!!! Lol

top topics

join