It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we living in a simulated world? Anyone noticed any time anomolies?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Haha. Here you go.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you look up Prof Martin Savage he has some videos that explain in plain English the hypothesis and apparently supporting observations.

That being said, personal experience isn't proof since we all view things subjectively.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nowyouseeme

Thats it through, the best answer anybody seems to be able to come up with is that it's essentially all about perspective.

Considering Plato's allegory of the Cave pretty much sums up Humanities perspective of reality one would think we should have come further by now. Maybe we have and we just don't know it yet?

Netchie said "If you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back". I would love to see some supporting evidence regarding that statement because that's where I imagine some of our most important questions reside.

edit on 6-11-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Did we possibly enter a wormhole (is that theoretically possible)? Could we be experiencing something unseen from space - like a black hole but not quite that - that we haven't yet identified but is maybe waking up the minds of people to how obscure time is?

I've experienced it. I'll always wonder what happened.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The Cave allegory is a rabbit hole that goes very deep. I think it's safe to say that in reality, if you were to be unchained and see reality it would be incomprehensible...at least to our current consciousness.

I think humanity is destined to fumble around in that cave giving shadows names for millennia, but the simulation hypothesis is a pretty neat concept.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Everything is breaking apart into smaller particles and speeding off faster than light and then particles speed back to reassemble matter so fast they cant measure the frequency.so time space is an illusion and is being generated on demand.

YES WE ARE IN A LARGE QUANTUM COMPUTER (simulation)making and forming everything you see .

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nowyouseeme

I imagine humanity could not handle the truth about the true nature of reality even if it was spoon feed to us.

That's why we invented organised religion. So we could control who gets to ask the really important questions, and so we know who to kill should they be asked by others.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

Basically the old

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

"No, because the code to express the tree isn't being accessed."

This is where the Double Slit experiment would fit into the argument as well. Is reality simulated? maybe...are at a point in our evolution where any theory we could create to describe such reality going to be incorrect? absolutely. Where is Plato when you need him...there are no good philosophers anymore...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Hanksworld
reply to post by Thurisaz

Very strange you posted this post today. I was just doing some research on this last night, because of all the crazy things that were happening not only to me but my grown son as well. Things we just can't explain. And others with us experienced this things at the same times we did. So it's not like we are crazy in our heads. We are all still in wonder of what it is. When more than one person has an experience at the same time as you there must be something to it.

Tell us what happened. Perhaps it could provide some insight into the OPs question.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

thx for sharing. I noticed in your signature, you have 'Life is but a dream'

maybe that explains the weird shifts also?

reply to post by Riffrafter

thankyou for the info!

reply to post by Josephus

thanks for the links. :thumbs up:

lokomotiv23

This morning about 0530 Mountain Time I went out for a smoke; I was standing long 44th Avenue in Denver looking east towards Federal Blvd. A bicyclist came into view, traveling westbound, and he/she (could not determine gender) was riding kind of slowly, erratically, weaving quite a bit. I watched them until they were directly in front of me across the street, I turned to bend down and crush out my but, turned around...and they were gone. Completely. Nowhere to be seen (sight lines at the adjacent intersection are clear for some ways), unlikely that they could have gotten the jump to take off like a shot.

that type of thing has happened to me also. Plain weird. Seems that there is no way they could of left your or my sight in the time it took for you to put out your smoke...

more than likely but I am not up with math so that side of things dumbfounds me!

revmoofoo

Hey OP!

There is a really good group of 5 videos out there that discuss The Holographic Universe theory in the simplest terms so that anyone can understand it. I recommend starting there for some interesting "simulated world" ideas.

thank you... I will watch them later.

some of the information is starting to do my head in... but I will put it all in my head and hopefully, will find some logical answer! kudos

reply to post by Hanksworld

Thank you, I am glad to hear you are noticing these things because at times I thought I was going crazy!
I don't think we are crazy at all. I believe there is really something to this and hopefully one day, we might all get an answer!
edit on 7/11/2013 by Thurisaz because: add reply to

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

olaru12

I have noticed time anomalies and synchronicities becoming so frequent in my life that I seldom pay any attention.

... have the distinct impression that the cosmos we are allowed to see in our everyday waking lives is an illusion.
I'm not sure that our primitive methods of cognition can even comprehend actual reality.

thanks for the link. Whenever I think about it I actually feel really scared, perhaps the fear is just that is 'unknown'.
Maybe it isn't anything to be fearful about?

but it scares me.

Nowyouseeme

That being said, personal experience isn't proof since we all view things subjectively.

yes, that too could explain things...perhaps it is all just our perspective? if we think it then perhaps we see it?
but at the same time, why are so many people experiencing it? personal experience must count for something especially when you get 100 other people stating the same thing.

reply to post by supergravity

that is so vague or it is outside of my intelligence level. If we were energy, then sure, we could be matter breaking down into particles but a computer? Unless of course we all have a RFID chip inserted somewhere and it can be paused, stopped etc.... or even 'deleted'...

that is an even scarier thought.
cheers

REPLY TO EVERYONE SO FAR....

I hope that I have responded to all of you, I thank you for your input so far. Many thanks, cheers

edit on 7/11/2013 by Thurisaz because: to add replies

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I get dayJaVu a lot. It's so bizzare. I must get it about 6 times a year in a fairly strong way.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
My simulation seems to be running out of new character models.
In the last 2 or 3 years I've encountered about 6 random people who now seem to be everywhere I go.

I live in a large city, where I have lived for the last 15 years, never seen these people before and now I cant go in restaurant/supermarket/bar/street without seeing them.

We all sort of smile at each other in bemusement when it happens (after so many none speaking encounters ;it now feels weird to talk) but it literally makes my heart jump when I see them as it so frequent.

Paranoia, some sort of brain injury or being followed...considered all of them but then thought that it might be because I've significantly changed my habits since having kids....and they all have kids too.

Our lives are so prescribed and similar once you introduce kids it becomes a social construct ...no holograms required.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

it comes from star trek and manly p hall i believe row /row row your boat gently down the stream merrily life is but a dream .

it got sung quite a lot in the startrek series and if its good enough for spock to sing well it does me

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

That's interesting. I too run across the same people and cars frequently and not in the same place. I see a car when taking my daughter sometimes that has a personalized license plate that is kind of offensive and I'm surprised that it got through the DMV. So I see this car once or twice a week. I couple of years ago I saw that same damn car 200 miles south of me on the freeway and then I was watching the news on TV and they were showing the shot of the freeway and there the car was again!

Maybe my sim really just like to show me that car because I think the license plate is ridiculous.

So, I've heard that humans are unable to draw or dream of faces they haven't seen before or that aren't pieced together using faces they've seen. We are apparently incapable of creating new faces in our mind. Has anybody heard that and do you think it fits into this argument? If we are living in a program only having a certain amount of facial constructions with variations would make sense and if we aren't able to conceive things that aren't written...hmmm

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

mlifeoutthere
and why is so much of our brain not used

none of our brain is not used.....except perhaps for people who like to believe fantasy conspiracies!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
oh just had another thought... maybe we are all ghosts that move in and out of various times to stay alive and keep our reality stable....so if something bad happened...for eg., when that guy vanished out of sight in the time the other person bent down to put out his smoke...perhaps the guy on the bike attacked him in some way and to avoid that event, that person went back or lost 5 minutes?

could explain the shifts...so we can all 'ensure the way or our way of life?'

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
oh just had another thought... maybe we are all ghosts that move in and out of various times to stay alive and keep our reality stable....so if something bad happened...for eg., when that guy vanished out of sight in the time the other person bent down to put out his smoke...perhaps the guy on the bike attacked him in some way and to avoid that event, that person went back or lost 5 minutes?

could explain the shifts...so we can all 'ensure the way or our way of life?'

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
These links are on-topic:

www.newscientist.com...

This is related..

discovermagazine.com...

KPB

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Nowyouseeme

Well I suppose when I watched Billy Grahams funeral that was subjective. But I still remember it.

Now he's giving some big 95th birthday sermon, that's subjective too.

What we appear to see and experience isn't really all that's going on that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What if we're in Purgatory or we are dead but not ghosts somewhere else just reliving our lifetimes over and over again?

No I do think we're in a simulation and the creator left us clues, one of the biggest being the book of enoch. I think that because I had this topic on my mind once and when I went to a friends she showed me the book and I'll never forget how the passage described Enoch as becoming Metatron the "PROGRAMMER" So there it is he has the program he runs things, God is the original creator, but He left I don't know what for he probably started a new program somewhere. This "New Earth" discussed in Revelations... actually everything in every religion can be explained fully with a holographic universe. But you have to put all the religions together and where sentences are midway through, re-insert other religions texts into that sentence. This is the code left for us. I really believe this. But I may be crazy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join