It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure: Are we being drip fed information as a form disclosure?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chelsealad

I wonder how Alice would react were she to witness something not easily rationalized. Denial, perhaps? Or a speedy trip to the nearest MRI machine?

I joke, but the truth is I do respect the skeptical point of view. The line between being skeptical and being narrow-minded can be hard to distinguish when discussing topics such as this.
edit on 3-11-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
OP. I suppose you could view the examples you have given as gradual disclosure, in the form of de-sensitization, predictive programming, and incremental paradigm shifting. If we believe that though. We must also question the motives of those doing the disclosing. Since we can surmise their purpose for disclosure is not likely for our benefit, but their own. It stands to reason it would be a disclosure with the intent of molding the consensus of the masses toward a general ideology concerning what is being disclosed.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

Chances are she has witnessed something and is in denial. You only need to look up into the night sky and see something that is not easily explained. We all know what a plane, balloon, Chinese Lantern etc looks like but what of the things you cant explain.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Well, it's certainly been one helluva s-l-o-w drip process.

I'd say the populace has been pretty thoroughly drenched at this point. If disclosure is the goal, and we seem to be nearing the end-game in terms of achieving that goal, I think the more important question is - why now?

Or just Why? - period.

And exactly what are they disclosing?

Because we all know how completely trustworthy our gov't and the other PTB's are...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

This aspect of the UFO question deserves serious thought. The humans with power on this planet could undoubtedly find a way to use disclosure (genuine or not) to their advantage. Possibly to control others.

Scenario: What if UFOs are the result of reverse-engineering Nazi "Vimanas?" A pop culture myth develops around them, and today's government ends up with the opportunity to convincingly fake contact with ETs.

Who knows? We cannot afford to make assumptions in such an event.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

chelsealad
Let's look at the Egyptians. Their construction techniques are difficult to copy ...

Argument from Incredulity
You may not understand it, and, from your wow-ing over it it would seem stock has been taken in revisionist histories from websites the likes have the word "mystery", or "truth" in the URL.
Fact is, we (the scientific community) have quite a fair grasp on Egyptian Architecture as well as all the other megalithic sites.

I encourage anyone doubtful actually invest some time in giving query to what we know.
An excellent educational resource can be found at:
700+ Free Online Courses From Top Universities.

If that's not anyone's cup of tea, then, there's a wealth of youtube videos from National Geographic, BBC, and other documentaries which do a fair job of summarizing quite a bit of the Whos, Whats, Whens, Wheres, and Hows.
Additionally; on the Ancient Aliens side of things, there's also this rather well put video and documentation:
Ancient Aliens Debunked
The video can be watched in full, or taken by segments linked toward the bottom.

We've excellent demonstration of the very first attempt at building a pyramid, which collapsed, with Pharaoh Sneferu, as well as his second attempt resulting in the Bent Pyramid, and his final success with what's known as the Red Pyramid.
We know the language of the Egyptians and we've sufficient record in detail of all these so-called "mysteries".

For some, however, they'd rather look ONLY at information that validates a belief.
Thus, we come to the whole matter of faith, which for some, if not many, is more important than actual reality.

reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

and

chelsealad
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I am a little offended by this post. I saw a bight light in the sky that proceeded to flash in a triangular pattern. Does this mean I have a brain tumour and I should go see a doctor, as I could be dying of such?

Anyone, of course, is welcome to take offense, but, please consider this offense comes from a lack of discipline in exercising reason.
Please show me where I've once ever mentioned UFOs?

Aliens are one thing, but, UFOs are another. There's a complete and separate distinction to be had between the two.

There is indeed a UFO phenomenon, but, it exists quite happily on its own without any requirement for aliens.

Many, of course, are want to connect the two, but, there's no evidence for such.
We have evidence that UFOs exist, but, we have no understanding of what UFOs are. UFOs could just as well be natural phenomenon as much so as they could be piloted by aliens. There's, however, no evidence to clear that.

Space Alien Encounters, however, as described previously, have quite readily been manufactured in the lab, and also reported in many subjects suffering from tumor delusions.

Further, as a matter of distinction, please pay attention to words like "indicate", and "evidence". Observe the language of Science, and pay closer attention to logical distinctions between observed phenomenon.

It's not my desire, goal, or hope to insult or offend anyone here.
Those who do, however, take offense, well, I can only encourage you to read my posts again ... carefully.

edit on 11/3/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
is the government not already telling the truth ???
why would seti be looking in space for alien signals if we don't think they exist

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

No thanks, I have had my fill of tripe from today's universities. A conventional education can be an excellent foundation for any intelligent person to build upon, but one must take care not to start thinking like an academic. I use the term "thinking" loosely.

Somewhere during my last years of college I noticed a pattern -- whenever the answers are not clear, modern academics tend to reach for the nearest explanation so as not to admit that they don't have everything figured out. Assumptions are made, and more assumptions on top of those.

I don't intend to minimize the achievements humanity has made in scientific understanding; there is simply a universe worth of knowledge to attain and our sciences are just beginning to put the big pieces together. Geologists will teach you that our planet is unquestionably about 4.3 billion years old, but amongst friends they may admit that this figure is based on assumptions.

I think one misconception you have is that people like Chelsea and myself are not aware of what mainstream science has to say about topics such as ET's and ancient Egypt. That makes it easy for you to justify dismissing our ideas, but it is not the case. I eventually came to see problems with the way science hurriedly explained certain things, and looked for better answers in the world of the un-tenured and unpublished, as well as in my own mind.

And I don't think anyone was seriously offended by your comments.

But I would prefer to return to the thread topic.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The thing that I love about the idea of aliens not existing. Or at least according to science.

That if they find an artifact that they cannot explain, they are completely happy to put that into the Ancient Alien box.

What I thought Aliens didnt exist?, ohh OK they existed then but do not now.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

iamea
The thing that I love about the idea of aliens not existing. Or at least according to science.

That if they find an artifact that they cannot explain, they are completely happy to put that into the Ancient Alien box.

Science doesn't say we are the only life in the entire universe, i have no idea where you saw that?
I believe you have been watching far too many documentaries about aliens on TV and neglect to look at anything beyond that.

Aliens do exist, but they do not travel here to show off their lighty up spaceships and abduct the local scitzophrenic or village idiot.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

OpenMindedRealist. I eventually came to see problems with the way science hurriedly explained certain things, and looked for better answers in the world of the un-tenured and unpublished, as well as in my own mind.

So you threw scientific method out the window? Baby? Bathwater? Anyone?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

iamea

You would be hard pressed to find anyone in science in 2013 that would say that aliens don't exist. Most consider it highly likely the galaxy and universe are full of life, perhaps even a fair amount of intelligent life.

What you won't find are scientists claiming any of that is a certainty just because it seems a safe bet.

It will take very good, testable, evidence to prove any of that is true, much less that some of this life has ventured here piloting objects commonly called UFOs.

I can give you a list several pages long of people in the sciences who have put far more hard thought into the questions of alien life and intelligence and how they may be detected than most of the UFO lecturers have given on the subject.

Everything from people looking into extreme life based on other elements than carbon to alien probes and artifacts in our solar system and on earth. The difference between their lines of research and that of most in the UFO field is that they don't rush to judgement because they want it all to be true. They need evidence first.

And that usually requires math.

edit on 4-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Yes we are....

If you go back and look at the progression of science fiction over the years, you will see an increase in exposure as well as diversity when it comes to friendliness of ET.

The main theory is The Government will not disclose simply because of the implications it would have on society as a whole. Religious beliefs / scientific beliefs become the problem in terms of reconciling the accepted norm with a new norm.

Instead of the government deciding when disclosure will occur, the government, imo, has placed that burden on society through reverse psychology.

The question - When will society be ready to accept they are not alone in the universe. When will they be able to accept the religious foundation might not be as stable as once thought.

The Answer - When the public demands for disclosure moves from whispers to screams.

The longer the government denies it, the more focus there is on the topic.

The flip side to the coin is the Aliens themselves... The Government could announce tomorrow ET exists.. However, when ET fails to land on the front lawn of the White House, the government is going to have some explaining to do.

The ultimate question is this -
Are Humans capable of accepting extra terrestrial life? Are Extraterrestrials capable of accepting Human life?

If we are incapable of accepting different skin color, different religions, different points of views, different moral viewpoints and most importantly that we are all one species - Human, then we have absolutely no business exploring the Galaxy, let alone infecting other planets with the fractured chaos we would bring to them.

It would be the galactic equivalent of getting a 6 year old drunk while feeding him sugar, followed by allowing the kid to run around the galaxy with scissors.

When we become accepting of one another, regardless of color, race, national origin, religion, etc, when we can leave this planet as one species instead of 186 countries, we will be ready of contact.

Util then we have some growing and lots of learning to do.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

If we are incapable of accepting different skin color, different religions, different points of views, different moral viewpoints and most importantly that we are all one species - Human, then we have absolutely no business exploring the Galaxy, let alone infecting other planets with the fractured chaos we would bring to them.

This is a fantastic point you made Xcathdra.

I do agree with you regarding the implications of such an announcement, and that is the point that in a way I am trying to make, that the Government is unable to announce that we have been in contact for years with alien life due to the implications. So, the next best thing is to drip feed info in the "reverse psycology" method that you mentioned. However, as someone else mentioned in a post what is the benefit of such disclosure? That I believe is an entirely different thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

caladonea

I think you are right...TPTB...are slowly but surely (spoon feeding) the public the reality of life on other planets; and contact. I think that right now TPTB are systematically doing this on purpose; yes I too think we are in a very real form of disclosure right now. I personally 9 years ago... had encounters of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd kind; so I do know for sure beings from other planets do exist.

Sorry but anyone could make a claim like that on here, have to go my pet T-REX in my garden shed is hungry.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
S&F OP.

Very interesting read, and Alicebleachwhite is a formidable debater. She reminds me if Druscilla - perhaps reincarnated? It all makes for an entertaining read, when there are posters that stand on opposite sides of center.

I do think we are being controlled and drip fed information. I also see the natural evolution of how we identify, quantify, and explain the supernatural, paranormal, and high strangeness events. When you step back and really look at it all - we can see how our religion has morphed and changed with science, culture, and discovery - to expand and evolve how we identify and perceive reality.

600 years ago, a person who was abducted, experimented on, and returned later with missing time was said to have been taken by the faery. Once those faery claimed god status as the Tuathe De Danaan. Today it's alien - but it all falls under the same umbrella we stick religion.

CdT

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

The fact that you missed my point in that statement tells me a lot. The only thing I threw out the window is the practice of only accepting as truth that which academics promote.

What I said was that I began to consider ideas that mainstream science considers laughable (they do so for reasons I came to realize are entirely human, and erroneous). That last part means I think for myself.

Hopefully that idea is not as foreign to you as it seems from your reply.
edit on 4-11-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Is it the straw man who wishes he had a brain, or the person who stands him up and bashes him?

Neither myself, nor the OP has rushed to judgement with any of our statements. We have both declared the inconclusiveness of the issue. Read the thread again before you reply, please, instead of cluttering up an otherwise engaging thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

So because you are not aware of evidence that might indicate something, it must be of no truth or substance whatsoever. I've made several posts about that kind of thinking in this thread. It might do you good to read them.

Aside from that, you should recognize that not every thread on ATS has to be filled with "empirical evidence" in the form of links. People can discuss a topic without watching youtube videos about it.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Claiming that people who have seen 'beings' (and perhaps the same goes for people seeing UFOs - unidentified craft) have tumor in their brain or in other words are crazy is not only offending but far from reality, objectivity and science, also shows lack of knowledge on the subject.

I know at least 2 people - one who has seen a craft grounded and surrounded by military who didn't want him around, the other one - actually a family who have seen some creature in the woods. Sick brain? I don't think so.

The cases describing people being crazy may refer to some encounters while you're sleeping or in bed but you cannot put all under some 'nutjobs' flag.

I can also tell you how your 'SCIENTIFIC' METHOD of 'I don't see it, I have no evidence of it, therefore it doesn't exist' is plain wrong. Area 51 was not known to exist, so does that mean when someone in those times at which it was not even known to exist - someone said 'It exists' then others responded 'It does not, there is no evidence' - did that invalidate the matter of its existence?

Do I need to give other examples of bases, things that are classified, mixed with disinformation, made sure that to such like you it will be non-existent, exactly because such like you do a good favor to those into the know to keep public unaware, ridiculed because 'I do not see it.. will you look at that.. so it doesn't exist!'

I will not argue 'are there aliens here' because as not being a believer I cannot say the PUBLIC evidence is enough 'but the more classified documents may be'.

However, as not being a skeptic, it is absurd to disregard the possibility based on TRUE cases that MAY suggest such thing exactly for the Area 51 example I gave.

One needs to be objective, scoffing is not science, science is trying to be objective, 'I don't know, some people say it exists but I don't find them credible, therefore it doesn't exist' is not a correct method, nor objective.

Ancient Astronaut Theory may hold some truth based on the researchers of petroglyphs, drawings, writings that speak of encounters of people from the sky.

I can also point out some holes in evolution that despite happening, do not explain for example the evolution of the humand mind.

Closing yourself to just what is found so far, not realizing that HISTORY MAY BE REWRITTEN... you are going in a very wrong direction, so I can say.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join