It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgellons Red Wine Test Inherently Flawed ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ok as a skeptic I like to look into things in detail. The whole Morgellons syndrome is something I find intensely interesting. I stumbled across the Morgellons red wine test and became intrigued and skeptical at the same time,so this is what I did.

I used mouth wash ( not part of the original protocol ), then brushed my teeth thoroughly,then used some more mouth wash ( mouth wash is not part of the original protocol ), then proceeded with the red wine protocol, I swished for 30 seconds and spit onto a plate and just as on the YouTube video I produced clumps and string like formations.

Ok being skeptical about the whole thing I do realize that saliva has long molecule chains and red wine I have to imagine would bond or bind with them forming these clumps in much the same way as a sugary drink would. I tried three experiments attempting to break up the clumps in solutions. I first used 91 % isopropyl alcohol ( I didn't have 99 % ) Still no break up of the clumps, then I tried Otrivin ( A nasal decongestant ) still no break up of the clumps,then used vinegar and still no break up of the clumps.

Does anyone know of something else I could use to break up the clumps ? So apparently Morgellons threads and clumps are chemically resistant so I suppose anything could be used. I just want to attempt to isolate the supposed Morgellons clumps from the red wine. I am making an attempt to disprove this whole test as false mainly, but I suppose if I can isolate something else besides saliva long chain molecules I would be surprised. Any ideas ??

The whole thing for me came about when working at a pulp mill I had an unknown chemical drip on me causing sores that would not heal. I did a search on it and became interested in this whole Morgellons phenomenon. I have for the past 3-4 years had problems with cuts healing real slow for some reason.

So I am 99.9 % positive this test is BS. Red wine has been clumping in my mouth for decades. I am making an attempt to debunk this whole test. I do realize there really does seem to be something to this whole Morgellons phenomenon, I am just trying to disprove this test so some input would help me in my quest. Thank you in advance.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Your having a bump and flag for the seriously hard work youve put into this . Morgellons creeps me out. Sorry nothing more, very late here.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Thank you. It is pretty freaky isn't it I am guessing a harsh acid like muridic acid would do the trick. I am going to look for some.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here's a link explaining what the residue is:

Secrets of the Spit Bucket Revealed

and here's the gist of it in a single quote:

Saliva contains a number of proteins that lubricate the surfaces of the mouth. When we taste a red wine, these salivary proteins interact with the wine's tannins. When a protein mixes with a tannin, they react and join, and react and join, ad infinitum. The proteins are effectively mortared together by the tannins. This results in the formation of "super structures" that are so heavy they precipitate, and are consequently spat out.

So there we have it--proteins in saliva binding with tannins. Turns out this is nothing new to wine tasters. You could try ethanol perhaps? Check out the wikipedia page on denaturation. The first paragraph mentions something else interesting, communal aggregation.

Communal aggregation is the phenomenon of aggregation of the hydrophobic proteins to come closer and form the bonding between them, so as to reduce the total area exposed to water. It is a very common problem with the hydrophobic protein to make aggregates. Such aggregates hamper the filtration process by cake formation.

finally, another interesting link I found:
RED WINE ANTIOXIDANTS. EVALUATION OF THEIR HYDROPHOBICITY
AND BINDING EXTENT TO SALIVARY PROTEINS.

edit on 3-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Am I missing the joke? Morgellons isn't a real disease...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

I think I am getting results using a beer and wine equipment cleaner called aseptox, aseptox is an oxidizer and is currently bleaching it i will have to wait a while for it to produce results.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Did I mention disease at all ???

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

There are many drinks that do the same that is why I called BS. You have helped with your link.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

And just to add, did you even finish reading my original post ?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

enament
Ok as a skeptic I like to look into things in detail.

same here, except for the skeptic bit, so the following stood out like a red flag:

I used mouth wash ( not part of the original protocol ), then brushed my teeth thoroughly,then used some more mouth wash ( mouth wash is not part of the original protocol ), then proceeded with the red wine protocol, I swished for 30 seconds and spit onto a plate and just as on the YouTube video I produced clumps and string like formations.

You do know that by not following the protocol exactly and in addition throwing in extraneous variables you're guilty of bad science ? among other things...

So I am 99.9 % positive this test is BS.

So I am 100 % positive your experiments and their conclusions are invalid and BiaSed.
this includes any fellow "skeptics" who've "forgotten to point out that invalidity.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

enament

And just to add, did you even finish reading my original post ?

Yeah, I read your OP, I still don't get the joke. Why are you bothering with a red wine test? Everyone that does what you did will get the same results. Does that mean everyone is positive for the disorder, or that the test is bogus?

I'm being serious, if I'm missing some information here, I would love to know it.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Metaphysique

enament
Ok as a skeptic I like to look into things in detail.

same here, except for the skeptic bit, so the following stood out like a red flag:

You do know that by not following the protocol exactly and in addition throwing in extraneous variables you're guilty of bad science ? among other things...

So I am 99.9 % positive this test is BS.

So I am 100 % positive your experiments and their conclusions are invalid and BiaSed.
this includes any fellow "skeptics" who've "forgotten to point out that invalidity.

I made no attempt to hide that fact, thank you. And besides the objective it to thoroughly clean your mouth any way.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I am sure and am actually 100 %sure and not 99.9 %. It is bogus and if this test was done 40 years ago you would get the same results. So really what I am doing here is Deconstructing Disinformation duh. I am hoping to expose this as more you tube garbage. And to add I am also hoping anyone who took the red wine test as a valid one now realize it crap too.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
....So you pointed out a test to detect delusional parasitosis, with a made up name, will produce invalid results?

I'm lost on this one too..

edit on 3-11-2013 by ChuckNasty because: grammar

edit on 3-11-2013 by ChuckNasty because: f n autocorrect

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Could you elaborate on where you have come to the conclusion Morgellons is a delusional phenomenon. I would like some info on why you think it is fake.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

enament

Could you elaborate on where you have come to the conclusion Morgellons is a delusional phenomenon. I would like some info on why you think it is fake.

As requested. Reminder - follow the footnotes.

MORGELLONS

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
sounds like a waste of perfectly good red wine....there would be some wine-oes out there cursing in disgust

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

ChuckNasty

enament

As requested. Reminder - follow the footnotes.

MORGELLONS

So you are using Wikepidia as your primary scorce . I could also find 1000's that say the NWO isn't real. The truth is I'm still not sure myself actually if Morgellons is real, thats why I refer to it as a phenomenon. I am still looking into it and haven't formed a solid opinion on weather its real or not, hell I guess you could say I have an open mind.
edit on 3-11-2013 by enament because: The truth is

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
sounds like a waste of perfectly good red wine....there would be some wine-oes out there cursing in disgust

Nah it was just a mouthful,still plenty enough to catch a buzz.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

Wikipedia was the easiest to link with just one link - I'm lazy.

I too have an open mind, I also think people should research the facts they can get a hold of...and not just some source that ignores proven data.

Most, not all-that is the scary part, morgellon cases can be explained. The morgellon debris are mainly man-made textiles.

The morgellons with the claws and stuff - that is same scary stuff.

But - the morgellon syndrome is 100% something else. The syndrome is crap - the morgellon debris is not..sometimes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join