It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many laws have YOU broken today ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know how to determine EXACTLY how many laws are currently "live and enforceable" in the US ? This includes both state and federal laws.

My understanding is that there are literally 100's of thousands of them which makes it almost a100% certainty that every US citizen is guilty of breaking one or more of them each and every day ... potentially resulting in either a fine and/or jail time.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I plea the 5th if I still can....

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
How many? Today? Traffic? Several.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Non that were offensive to others.

If a tree falls in the woods...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

hey - rather than speculate why not give us the top 10 of these aledged laws that " everyone must be breaking " ?

EDIT TO ADD :

and of course - the 2010 prosecution / conviction rate for each
edit on 2-11-2013 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

This seems to be one of the root problems these days. Before you could pretty much do whatever you wanted, as long as it wasn't specifically breaking ng a law. Now you have to ask permission for everything or face ridiculous first es at the least.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Soon everyone will be required too get lawyer/justice insurance ,,otherwise it isn't fair & affordable justice system,,,,ya cant really expect one person to know all the laws ,,,if ya got a dreamteam of lawyers they usually find a loophole ,,who can afford that? Do ya really think Zimmerman or OJ would of gotten off without the resources to hire a team of lawyers?

Videos posted under "Fair Use" & for nonprofit educational purposes only....

edit on 2-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
I plea the 5th if I still can....
I think you just broke federal laws! The constitution no longer exists (In this humble mans opinion).

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Only God, the NSA, Google, and ATS know for sure.

edit on 2-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I had a salad with an expired date on my dressing bottle. I also took my medication one and a half hours earlier than was prescribed. I washed it down with my drink sticks that weren't 'flavored' as directed.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm sure there is a law about being alive.

So, I broke that law.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
i may have broken a law on not being American,scary but true.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My best guess for laws most likely to be broken but not prosecuted/caught are things like..

traffic laws
slander laws
copyright/trademark laws
drug laws

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So, reading the op and the comments caused me to google up some examples of laws that many will break without realizing it. Granted most of these are not likely to get you locked up, if a judge really wanted to go after you they could use stuff like this since its technically very illegal.

Connecting to Unsecured Wi-Fi Networks
Singing "Happy Birthday to You" in Public
Using Fake Names on the Internet
Betting With Friends
Writing "Disturbing" Material
Owning a Permanent Marker

Source

Its kind of a silly article, but it just goes to show how vaguely written laws can be used against people who had no idea they were doing anything wrong.

The permanent marker one is insane. Because you MIGHT use it for graffiti, its illegal to have one in a public place. Its also illegal to purchase a permanent marker for anyone under the age of 18. I wonder how many parents would get arrested while shopping for school supplies if the law ever decided to crack down on this.

DC

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Laws? Ive only broken the ones that contradicts theirself.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The zillions of laws are crimes against humanity, they violate basic common law of thou shalt not harm, or enslave for that matter, and our constitution. So, none. But that is NOT the case of our law makers, for they violate all of them pretty much, including murder and enslavement.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Keep in mind they were written using millions of interpretable words. Not one law is not subject to interpretation even the supposed supreme law of the land. So even if you thought you didn't break law "A" you probably did if I can sway a judge the law reads my way.

"Ignorance of the law" is no excuse boys and girls - tattoo that on your hand because you need to KNOW every law, every word, and every interpretation.

Oh yeah, remember, you are subject to all the ordinances, statutes, codes and all the rules that apply to your school, workplace or religion. Freedom is a terrible thing, don't waste it by not knowing all the laws that apply to you.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sorry won't read their evil black magic codes. They use sacred geometry to add fine print to documents and even money and banking to try and entrap you multidimensionally so you owe in the after life.

Well, they are asshats and very low primitive mind, 2 year old bullies, and their laws, aside from, i won't go over to your house and rape, murder, pillage, and steal your property, and I think road safety is important, but you know, the rest is not something I'm putting up for their grabbing. And their fine print is toilet paper.

I will not lower my frequency to expose myself to their crapola. I denounce and renounce their rule of law which is satan.

Their thuggery tactics impress me not nor their police state tactics, for they are illegal no matter how many thugs they try to bully with.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Having read the postings, and watched the video’s the following can be stated:

The main problem is that there are too many laws and regulations. And if the laws and regulations are vague, then perhaps it should be time that the jury’s hearing these cases should be asked to nullify the laws as well, giving the prosecution something to think about and send a message to the law makers that such will no longer be tolerated.

But there is another problem that this did not consider, and that is that the lawmakers, in their attempt to take care of people, to protect us, perhaps are over reaching in their authority. They see it as their duty to try to protect their constituents, which is what they should be doing, to see that the laws are there as a tool. However, like most, many fail to see or think about what those laws will be like in say 10 years. Doors are opened up wide, and are rarely shut.

The lawmakers need to start reviewing the laws that are on the books, and we the people need to start to demand that the start repealing such that is no longer needed or used. Laws that are no longer valid or are prosecuted or even needed in this day and age. Very rarely are the ramifications of the laws are thought about. The government does not act in a proactive manner, but in a reactionary manner, often passing laws that the people cry out about at the time. And it is time to stop that. Perhaps we should look to elect federal and state law makers who are going to be willing to go into office and start to remove laws off the books and make them specific, rather than leaving them vague.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Q: "How many laws have YOU broken today ?"
A:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join