It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC Op-ed: Obamacare flimflam exploited gullible voters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

ABNARTY
I listened to the counter-spin this morning on talk radio. In short:

1. No one lied because all the language was in the bill.

2. The bill protects Americans from bad insurance products.

3. The bill is protecting Americans from robbers(the insurance industry).

4. A sense of being betrayed by those putting the system together.

5. How could Obama know what was going on?

I am not going into each as they are pretty weak and anyone can see through them.

The sad part is there are many people who will believe this nonsense. Maybe they are too emotionally invested in the narrative to think clearly. Maybe the whole narrative is so well tailored to these folks, this will dovetail with the rest flawlessly.

The sadder part is there are good Americans, naive Americans, but good Americans who want to see those who really need health insurance get it. Who can fault them? I don't. However, I do fault those snake oil salesmen who sold the PPACA as the answer to their calls. Now some are starting to realize that which was put together is so far from what was promised. Listening them trying to rationalize it all is depressing.
edit on 30-10-2013 by ABNARTY because: sp

You forgot #6, Men now have Pregnancy coverage. I've been asking for that all my life. Glad I have that rather than vision and dental.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Common Good
reply to post by elouina

Honestly- I dont know why they didnt push for the single payer when they had a chance to. In my opinion- I think that is what they have been going for all along. So why didnt they do so? Maybe because they wanted this bill to fall flat on its face so "we" would have no other option as an "emergency" measure. Dont think for a second though if they do that- that at the same time they will cut anything substantial to pay for it- they will probably just end up adding even more to the debt without cutting the things that need to be cut like foreign aid- NSA programs- and defense spending.

single payer= what they really want IMO. I just dont understand why they didnt go with that from the beginning.

that's what they wanted and reid said they took a run at it. but didn't have the votes.
god help us if they do get it.

“We had a real good run at the public option … don’t think we didn’t have a tremendous number of people who wanted a single-payer system,” Reid said on the PBS program, recalling how then-Sen. Joe Lieberman’s opposition to the idea of a public option made them abandon the notion and start from scratch.

Sen. Harry Reid: Obamacare 'Absolutely' A Step Toward A Single-Payer System

new topics

<< 1   >>

join