It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host: "The Clintons represent a style of honesty that the public craves right now"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
"The Clintons represent a style of honesty that the public craves right now".
MSNBC host Ronan Farrow actually said on Tuesday's 'The Cycle'.
Looks like far left MSNBC is starting to gear up for their Hillary run.
Question is ... does anyone think the Clintons are actually honest?
Hillary is qualified .. yes. She could do the job .. yes. But honest? Really?

Video and transcript available here -
MSNBC - Ronan Farrow: Clintons Represent a Style of Honesty That the Public Craves Right Now'

RONAN FARROW: They're nimble politicians. Also I think that they represent a style of honesty that the public craves right now. And that's reflected in the numbers. I think people are tired of the old school politicking, and when a politician comes out and says, “Actually, I changed my mind, I've evolved on the issue,” that's something people are willing to embrace.

You know, Clinton has shown, as you said, on a variety of social issues that matter to young voters and for whom, you know, other politicians that have remained stuck in the past have become a source of alienation. He's also done it on a variety of other issues including healthcare. I mean, let's not forget that it was a watershed moment when Bill Clinton came out and gave his seminal remarks on healthcare at the convention. Those are remarks that he struck through the written remarks on and ad-libbed a lot of. That shows the style of communication he has, and one of the reasons why these stops are so significant. He represents something that people still connect with in a very primal way.

Sorry, but Bill and Hillary are typical politicians. They lie.
They can do the job of POTUS and are qualified. But the LIE just like the rest.

List of HIllary's Lies from Real Clear Politics
Lies of Bill Clinton
Bill Clinton exposing his disdain for 'fact checkers'
Hillary lied about Benghazi-gate
Hillary lied about Bosnia "under fire"

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The Clintons make Satan look like a "Hello Kitty Doll".

Just sayin'

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how dumb the media thinks we are. But to be fair, john Q public does seem to have a very short attention span. And apparently memory as well.

Wasn't Clinton's (Bill) sexual scandal one of the biggest in it's day? How can anyone forget his blatant lie? Yet the media calls this family honest?
There will be no way in hell I could ever vote for Hillary. I feel sorry for anyone that does. She is scary as hell.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

He keeps using that word honesty,
but I don't think that it means what he thinks it means.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

chiefsmom
It never ceases to amaze me how dumb the media thinks we are.

Well ... it's not like the American people give them reason to think any different than that.
I mean ... look at the people we keep putting into high office ....
John McCain, Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, Bush43, Obama ... etc etc

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So does this mean the public crave lies or that the public hasnt been paying attention to the Clintons for the past 25 years?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Clintons & honesty = oxymoron....correct?
edit on 30-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I like that turn of phrase "style of honesty".

It's like saying "When they lie to you, you like it, and ask for more."

In my opinion, however, I don't think concepts like "honesty", or "styles of honesty" are the real issue at heart for anyone missing the Clinton administration.
I think people miss the Clinton ECONOMY.

If we could have the Clinton Administration Economy back, Bill could have a whole swim team of Monica Lewinskis to not have sexual relations with and no one would care.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Congratulations Mr. Obama!

You are SO BAD that the media is saying that the Clinton's are a paragon of truth.

Way to SUCK, Barry!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The Clinton's are a scary bunch. It seems if they don't like you, you have a big chance of ending up dead. Check out this link: www.truthorfiction.com...

Not saying that it is all true, but the Kenneth Star witnesses do come to mind.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Yea exactly. The economy was so great during those 8 years that the biggest thing we had to complain about was a man's tendency of sexual deviancy (like he's the only man to cheat on his wife
)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I agree - with you and disagree with the media. The media, unfortunately has the upper hand with their powers of persuasion. The only candidates the masses will be aware of are those they endorse.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

What's funny is that rabid lunatic Rush Limbaugh was popular with the Right at the time and he was always foaming at the mouth about National Debt, and even had a Debt Clock or something ticking off the National Debt accumulation.

In the end, I think we actually had a surplus, depending on how it's examined.
Fact Check Clinton Budget Surplus

Of course that disappeared in a blink with the next administration destroying the economy; Mission Accomplished and all that.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Errr, yah sure.

Also this:

Not as though the Clintons are the exception, most politicians are trash and the corporate media is garbage.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Yea exactly. The economy was so great during those 8 years that the biggest thing we had to complain about was a man's tendency of sexual deviancy (like he's the only man to cheat on his wife
)

You are correct about those 8 years.

I think that some people just wish that we could have a President that appears virtuous. Even if he isn't, at least we could think that he is a nice guy that wouldn't lie, steal or even cheat on his wife.

I know that it is possible... I never cheated on any of my wives.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think that "style of honesty" must at the very least imply deception or "spin".

Look at the major lies of our more recent presidents,

Bush Sr. - read my lips, no new taxes.

Bush Jr. - weapons of mass destruction and terrorist connection in Iraq after 911

Bill Clinton - I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Obama - Just about every other word he uttered.

I do have to hand it to Bill for trying to spin oral sex as not being sex, apparently that changed public opinion about that particular sex act.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Obama - Just about every other word he uttered.

I will need to see documentation that half of what he has said is true.

edit on 30-10-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Well, well, well, the capitalist with big money on the ownership of the media conglomerate, are really cashing out on the ignorance of the poor and Spanish people that are the majority that will give the vote to the Demo rats to push Billary for president, specially if the immigration bill pass before Obama gets out of the white house

I always say, Americans have such short time memories

BILLARY FOR PRESIDENT. HURRAYYY.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
They can do the job, OP?? Yeah, if one wants more of the same. A lot of "WE THE PEOPLE" want our country back.
A lot of dead people surround the Clintons. Are you and others already forgetting Hillary and the Benghazi affair, etc.????? Might she be "elected"? Yeah, because we have yet to go back to paper ballots. There are many videos on youtube showing how easy it is to hack voting machines. Presidents are not elected, they're selected!

One thing that did make me laugh right out loud during the last election cycle, although it was an insult, was:
Hillary dressed in western gear, entering a tavern and 'sidling up' to the bar...trying to appear as just one of 'the guys'. Yep, that is what 'they' think of 'us'. They think 'we' are that stupid!

Oh, well...never a dull moment! I am looking forward to the afterlife where 'we' are all sittin' around laughing about all this...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Meh, it's MSNBC. Just like Fox News they specialize in preaching to the choir of fools who don't really want the truth. What they want is their beliefs reinforced to give them a sense of justification, and both MSNBC and Fox are more than happy to deliver such to their respective audiences.
edit on 10/30/13 by redmage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join