It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent gun purchase. Incredibly quick and easy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I do not think the OP is complaining but, if you listen to people like the NRA and their never ending "gubement gonna take our guns so you better buy some now" propaganda you would never know how easy it is for anyone to get as many guns as they want quick and easy. Gun companies use fear as a selling point when the fact is we make it easier than anywhere to buy a gun. My fear is with the NRA acting as corporate shills always cry wolf to push sales that someday way down the road if something were to happen to attack the 2nd nobody would take it serious.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The process already takes too long.

What part of it do you want to take longer? What would waiting longer accomplish other than pissing people off?

"It's totally reckless that it only took me 20 minuted to buy a gun!!"

or

"It took me two hours, much safer!!!"

My favorite is the waiting period nonsense: "I had to wait two weeks so I'm super qualified!!"

Total nonsense.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't see the issue, guns are legal in the U.S. Why should it be hard to get something that is legal?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I really fail to find any good reason for this thread except to stir things up.You made it seem like you just went in and bought a handgun no questions asked.You failed to disclose you had a ccw.Which when I read the op made me think somebody messed up cause you cant just go in anywhere and buy a pistol and take it home that day without a ccw. I just don't see your point when you weren`t honest in the first place.Glad I don`t know you and maybe you shouldn`t have a a ccw or any weapons at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

It was chase bank. Today im in the process of looking at credit unions. No bank has a right to decline my money based on my personal purchase habits.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I hadn't bought a gun in 20+ years. yesterday was a huge wake up call for me. My prior purchase was a Taurus 9 mm and all I had to do was give my license and c.c.and was out in less tha 10 min. What has changed in Florida since then? Gun laws have gotton stricter and gun violance has gone thru the roof. Bad people can always get guns, law abiding citizen much much harder.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

Youre about the only one who does see my point. Thanks. Ive had firearms legally since 1976. I was addressing here I wasn't asked if I did have either a CCW or CPL. They took my money, scanned my driver's license. Didn't use a credit card and paid cash.

My point with this thread was to stress how easy it was to get a high powered handgun. Just as easy getting a rifle or shotgun: green money and here you go with only the most basic-quick checking, and out the door...

Though I am connected with Emergency Services in my city, I didn't buy it in this city, nor produce any I.D. saying so other than my drivers license.

Yes. It should be easy and simple, and Im glad it was. But, also surprised.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mora2013

Me too. Criminals can be real creative these days with stolen and fake I.D.'s My point completely.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMorbius

Well...youre new here. Weve beat the topic of guns and mass shootings and regulations here on ATS...so that was my point of this thread, and the other tons of threads here about gun control.

You Being new and not a participant in the last 3 or so years of discussion on this...Ill cut you some slack on this.

*I am associated with Emergency Services and PD and Fire in my city...and have had firearms and training since the 1970s in Dade County Florida (Miami)..now Michigan.

So when you contact 911 in an emergency...you don't want me to respond?
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

SpaDe_
reply to post by mysterioustranger

You are not divulging all of the interaction. You either have a Michigan CPL or you brought a LEO purchase permit with you when you made the purchase. With either you have already been cleared through the MSP database and then had to clear the federal NCIC background data check in order to take possession of the pistol.

The exception is the Michigan CPL which you have been cleared through a FBI background check that is required before being issued the license to begin with.

Btw you still have to turn in the paperwork to the MSP just as in the past. The only difference now is they do not require the firearm inspection that used to be mandatory.
edit on 10/29/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

Yep. If he was "a bad guy" he would not have left with the pistol.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

It shouldn't be. Since you are new here as well...Im assuming you haven't participated nor may be aware of all the gun threads here in the last 2 years?

This is apparently why you fail to see the point of the thread.

Perhaps I should have had a header on the thread saying: "If you've not read all the threads here or are new...move along. This is not for you"?

Thanx

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
reply to post by LizardSlicks

Youre about the only one who does see my point. Thanks. Ive had firearms legally since 1976. I was addressing here I wasn't asked if I did have either a CCW or CPL. They took my money, scanned my driver's license. Didn't use a credit card and paid cash.

My point with this thread was to stress how easy it was to get a high powered handgun. Just as easy getting a rifle or shotgun: green money and here you go with only the most basic-quick checking, and out the door...

Though I am connected with Emergency Services in my city, I didn't buy it in this city, nor produce any I.D. saying so other than my drivers license.

Yes. It should be easy and simple, and Im glad it was. But, also surprised.

LOL. "High powered handgun." Know how I know how you have an agenda? If you didn't have a valid CCW and/or a pistol purchase permit, both you and the FFL committed a crime.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Youre absolutely right. It shouldn't be. And I was surprised when I discovered that...because I was ready for some kind of wait.

And there wasn't one....and I was glad. For me....

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Thanks MrSpad. My point completely....

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Wrong sir. No agenda. Commentary. And Im a 1st Responder/Advanced Life Support. And am a EMT and Emergency 911 Dispatcher for a large auto company and suburban Michigan city.

No crime in my history. Perhaps yours? Is that you agenda here?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

MrSpad
I do not think the OP is complaining but, if you listen to people like the NRA and their never ending "gubement gonna take our guns so you better buy some now" propaganda you would never know how easy it is for anyone to get as many guns as they want quick and easy. Gun companies use fear as a selling point when the fact is we make it easier than anywhere to buy a gun. My fear is with the NRA acting as corporate shills always cry wolf to push sales that someday way down the road if something were to happen to attack the 2nd nobody would take it serious.

No, Obama has been a better gun salesman than the NRA ever was. NRA is not a corporate shill, just an organization of shooters, hunters, and gun owners who don't want the government to interfere with their civil liberties. It is like calling the ACLU a shill for book stores because they support the first amendment.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
reply to post by NavyDoc

Wrong sir. No agenda. Commentary. And Im a 1st Responder/Advanced Life Support. And am a EMT and Emergency 911 Dispatcher for a large auto company and suburban Michigan city.

No crime in my history. Perhaps yours? Is that you agenda here?

Well, your bonafides have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you have an agenda, so I wonder why you keep posting them...as Shakespeare said, "Methinks thou dost protest too much." As said above, if you have a CCW, then you were already vetted and it was not a "too easy" purchase,. Your background check came with the CCW. If you left that part out of the OP, then you have an agenda because leaving that part out was very disingenuous.

I'm a former military officer with 23 years of service. USMC enlisted first, former NFO, former military doc, currently volunteer with local EMS, so no crime. Rather silly to call someone a criminal for daring to criticize your post.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It seems that you do have an agenda but not sure what it is yet but I'm sure it will come out soon.

My wife and I moved To Arizona last year and the day we got our D.L. we went to the gun store my wife picked out her first gun they called in her info rang her up paid cash and walked out.

With today's technology things are going to happen faster.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

www.michiganinbrief.org...

No agenda huh? Then why did you leave out the fact that you already have a pistol permit and are void from the five day waiting peroid?

I got the above information on my first google hit. As an avid hunter, shooter and collector, I'd much rather my fellow firearm enthusiast tell the whole story and not mislead other folks.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A "nics" check only takes a few minutes. I don't think it is just a Mi one but a federal one. And suppressors are legal in most states if you get the tax stamp and go through all the ATF mumbo jumbo. You can't just walk in and buy a suppressor. Expect to wait months for your approval. Then pay your 200 dollar tax, then another 500+ for the item. In other words, people who go through the legal processes are not typically criminals.

In other news, a guy in Brooklyn? murdered his family with a knife..
Firepiston

<< 1    3 >>

join