It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent gun purchase. Incredibly quick and easy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Silly progressive logic is for the conservative minded. Criminals can and will get any and all types of weapons. They could care less about the rule of law they are.........criminals.

If you stop and think about that really means it renders your entire argument null and void. Progressive beliefs are like paper bags in the wind. And please do not try to sell me that you are not a progressive.

If it walks like a duck...........
edit on 30-10-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
reply to post by DrMorbius

Well...youre new here. Weve beat the topic of guns and mass shootings and regulations here on ATS...so that was my point of this thread, and the other tons of threads here about gun control.

You Being new and not a participant in the last 3 or so years of discussion on this...Ill cut you some slack on this.

*I am associated with Emergency Services and PD and Fire in my city...and have had firearms and training since the 1970s in Dade County Florida (Miami)..now Michigan.

So when you contact 911 in an emergency...you don't want me to respond?
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

Don't assume anything or what I have read.I pick and choose my spots.In seeing how untruthful you were was what made me respond.I just see you as trying to stir up the anti-gunners is all.Yes you do have an agenda.The basis of your op was untruthful.I am calling you on it.This whole thread you started is bullcrap.
Just because I don't have as many posts or started any threads doesn`t make my thoughts any less important than yours.I don't need you to inform me of anything,or cut me any slack.I do know you should have started with the truth and are continuing to lie.

And PS:Hell no I don't want you to respond.You are a freakin liar.
edit on 10/30/2013 by DrMorbius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I purchased my Sig Sauer M400 about a year ago from today here in Oregon and I was out of the store in less than 20min. I should also mention that it was also my first Firearm purchase as well

So I walk into my local Wal-mart and head on down to the sporting goods section of the store. I then grabbed the clerks attention and told him that I would like to buy this here Rifle, in which he replies "okie dokie, 1 second please".

He hands me some papers to fill out basically stating that im not crazy and im fit to own the Firearm. He runs a background check on me which took less than 5 MINUTES. After the manager showed up to OK the purchase (waiting for him to arrive was the longest part) I too was able to walk out of the store in less than 20min with an AR-15 style rifle.

Sure it was quick and Easy, but I still had to give my information and Submit to a Background Check... It was just a lot faster than it used to be mainly due to the fact that they could run the Background Checks through the computer and no longer had to call State Police to run background checks, which usually took 30min just to do that.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
I just purchased a Glock 17, Gen 4 semi-automatic pistol. I went to the store, gave the clerk my money and driver's license. He said he'd be right back. He was. He had a laminated member card for the store and free use of the gun range, a lock, and free rounds to start me out.

I was in and out of the store with my purchase in under 20 minutes. (If I was a bad guy...I could gone on a spree of criminal activity in less than a half hour.) Here is my issue/question for other ATS'rs who are owners and who are not. There was no credit check, and little background check other than a call to the Michigan State Police to run my license. That was it.

Now, Ive got a 357 Magnum as well, and is about 10 or so years old. With that purchase I had to pay in full upfront, and come back in 5 days I think to pick it up if the background check was ok. It was. I then had to take the gun within 10 days to the State Police for inspection. This time, I did not.

So, herein is my thought. With all the talk the last year or so about guns being scarce and ammo (that is still really true to a degree, yet Ive had no real trouble getting hollow-points and full metal jacket rounds)....it seemed to me it was incredibly easy and quick to pay the clerk, get my package, and walk out the door and drive away. It would be easy for someone to get a fake ID for background checking and walk out with a gun. (And I didnt need to leave them a fingerprint either.) I was surprised to say the least.

On YouTube I was shown a video about inserting a 50 or 100 round magazine in my Glock 17 (17 round magazine). In the video, it SHREADS anything in sight. I was stunned. If this is how easy it is to get and modify guns that can do this...I think we are in for it in the future. Us law-a-biding citizens have to realize it really will one day come to us against "them".

It means so much more now to me and my family the old saying..."As long as the CRIMINALS have guns? So will I."

PS And now "suppressors" (silencers) are also legal in Michigan. Why?

People do not buy suppressors to be "assassins".. They do because it saves your ears and does not piss off others if you decide to shoot early or late at night etc.
Firepiston

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

FirePiston

mysterioustranger
I just purchased a Glock 17, Gen 4 semi-automatic pistol. I went to the store, gave the clerk my money and driver's license. He said he'd be right back. He was. He had a laminated member card for the store and free use of the gun range, a lock, and free rounds to start me out.

I was in and out of the store with my purchase in under 20 minutes. (If I was a bad guy...I could gone on a spree of criminal activity in less than a half hour.) Here is my issue/question for other ATS'rs who are owners and who are not. There was no credit check, and little background check other than a call to the Michigan State Police to run my license. That was it.

Now, Ive got a 357 Magnum as well, and is about 10 or so years old. With that purchase I had to pay in full upfront, and come back in 5 days I think to pick it up if the background check was ok. It was. I then had to take the gun within 10 days to the State Police for inspection. This time, I did not.

So, herein is my thought. With all the talk the last year or so about guns being scarce and ammo (that is still really true to a degree, yet Ive had no real trouble getting hollow-points and full metal jacket rounds)....it seemed to me it was incredibly easy and quick to pay the clerk, get my package, and walk out the door and drive away. It would be easy for someone to get a fake ID for background checking and walk out with a gun. (And I didnt need to leave them a fingerprint either.) I was surprised to say the least.

On YouTube I was shown a video about inserting a 50 or 100 round magazine in my Glock 17 (17 round magazine). In the video, it SHREADS anything in sight. I was stunned. If this is how easy it is to get and modify guns that can do this...I think we are in for it in the future. Us law-a-biding citizens have to realize it really will one day come to us against "them".

It means so much more now to me and my family the old saying..."As long as the CRIMINALS have guns? So will I."

PS And now "suppressors" (silencers) are also legal in Michigan. Why?

People do not buy suppressors to be "assassins".. They do because it saves your ears and does not piss off others if you decide to shoot early or late at night etc.
Firepiston

LOL. And the thing about putting in a 50 or 100 mag in a G17 and it "shredded everything in sight." I think he was referring to a FA glock pistol and the video is on youtube, but it is disingenuous to say that it was "modified" or the mag made it "modified." FA Glock pistols exist and you can't buy one legally unless you are a CIII dealer or it was made before 1986 and then you have to go through the entire NFA process and permits and fees.

The whole post is disingenuous from the beginning

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Must be my lucky day. Drove by GI Jeffs in Daytona read sign we have 22LR. Got me a brick...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Follow this thread today. Its these threads we've been discussing the past year or so.

Hence...the reason I posted my thread here

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If anyone thinks gun control will reduce violent crimes in our society just look at a population here in america. Our incarceration system. No guns but extremly high violent crimes with home made weapons. Its the people that kill not the weapon.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mora2013

Guns and ammo are smuggled into prisons all the time. Usually by guards.

There was a pretty high profile case not long ago where a guy was searched not twice but thrice and still managed to get in with a 1911 he later used to blow his own brains out. The footage was popular online for a while.

So, yeah, gun control doesnt do # for crime. It just disarms the people who dont want to break the law a.k.a. the "good" people. The bad people dont even notice there is a ban.
edit on 30-10-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

NavyDoc

MrSpad
I do not think the OP is complaining but, if you listen to people like the NRA and their never ending "gubement gonna take our guns so you better buy some now" propaganda you would never know how easy it is for anyone to get as many guns as they want quick and easy. Gun companies use fear as a selling point when the fact is we make it easier than anywhere to buy a gun. My fear is with the NRA acting as corporate shills always cry wolf to push sales that someday way down the road if something were to happen to attack the 2nd nobody would take it serious.

No, Obama has been a better gun salesman than the NRA ever was. NRA is not a corporate shill, just an organization of shooters, hunters, and gun owners who don't want the government to interfere with their civil liberties. It is like calling the ACLU a shill for book stores because they support the first amendment.

The NRA is a complete corporate shill. That is who lines their pockets. Their are real Second Amendment organizations thats are speak for the people and not gun companies. You do not hear about them of course because they do not have big corporate funding. And yes lots people bought guns because of Obama because the NRA said we going to take them. Like I said they make money off of fear. Someday all the crying wolf is goiing to come back to haunt them.

<< 1  2   >>

join