It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Doctors Flee Obamacare: ‘I Plan To Retire’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

FlyersFan

ObjectZero
When they planned ObamaCare I wonder if they factored in the doctor drop off when they put in place. I bet they didn't.

I bet they did. They couldn't overlook it. Obamacare looks to be purposely engineered to make Americans totally dependent on the government for their most vital needs. It purposely broke that which worked just fine for most Americans. They HAD to know what they were doing. It's so awful it had to be engineered that way for a reason. The question is .. what is the reason ... YIKES!

because it didn't "work just fine" for people that got sick and had to use the "benefits" they were lead to believe they had. that's the whole point.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm sure the doctors will get a fair amount from the government!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Pimpintology
Saw this coming. So did the doctors. They already do not take Medicaid because they only get 40 dollars. What doctor wants to work for that? Medicare also pays them below what they normally get or ask for. So that's why Medicare doctors are limited. Obamacare will do the exact same thing it will fix prices and the doctors will once again decide whether they will accept it or not.

Nothing new here really. Just more insurance companies not wanting to pay their fair share. Been happening for a very long time. This is exactly why every insurance company including Medicaid and Medicare gives you access to a website where you can search for doctors that take your insurance. Just don't expect great care with this type of insurance. Or expect that you will have to travel further then before to see a doctor.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: he drank fluoride this morning

Exactly. If people took their anger out on the insurance companies instead of the doctors... it's really their fault, they're the ones who really make the enormous profits at the end of the day. Insurance companies do whatever they can not to pay out, because when they do, their bottom line takes a hit. Scumbags!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Khaleesi

Malpractice insurance is a huge part of the problem. How many professions have to pay 1/4 of their income for insurance?

not many, but most professions don't routinely kill other people or deal with things that kill people, except maybe the armed forces.

this is mostly the fault of the legal system in america though, americans have grown to believe they can sue anyone they like if something bad happens to them.
it is a wonderful source of income for lawyers, bad for everyone else.

i think if doctors didn't have the sword of damocles that is malpractice hanging over their heads, they might be prone to less accidents and malpractice in the first place.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

JackSparrow17

Exactly. If people took their anger out on the insurance companies instead of the doctors... it's really their fault, they're the ones who really make the enormous profits at the end of the day. Insurance companies do whatever they can not to pay out, because when they do, their bottom line takes a hit. Scumbags!

it's why i say that healthcare shouldn't be a for profit industry, it takes the focus off what matters, healthcare.

if it wasn't a for profit industry we wouldn't even need insurance, which would explain why we have the ACA and not a single payer system, it's quite a racket that we seem to have no problem with in america.

it's a funny irony that we pay for something that is only used in a time of need and the company fights tooth and nail to never fulfill the need.

medical insurance is one of the biggest jokes foisted onto us by the PTB. bigger even than the idea that corporations having freewill to dump poison into our water supplies and air is "freedom" or the government spying on everything we do is "protecting" us.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Demogoat summed op my post pretty well, with no verbosity in sight(!), so you are now officially excused...

mrFMPerson
I'm sure the doctors will get a fair amount from the government!

Most of Americans are treated very unfairly by their government so why should doctors get to profit handsomely from the suffering of society? We may not need engineers but people will get sick and the whole notion of holding people over health conditions that most do not control or can't understand really is inhuman .This is part of why most civilized societies, if allowed, reach the point where they agree that the wealth of a nation mostly flows from the health of it's individual citizens and that ultimately the nation pays a higher cost for not subsiding the health than it would if it helped out the citizen so he can get better and , for the cynics, get back to work and back to paying the twenty different state taxes. Perhaps i am a sentimentalist but i still prefer a state that would rather try to keep me alive to one which tells me to fend for myself as best i can in the wonderful free market where massive corporations are free to work together and thus not to undercut each others massive profit margins.

The way i see it any society would be better off without those doctors who are not "willing to cure/help people for this or that amount" as they are not participating for the correct reason somehow having bought into the idea that there can or should be profit involved in the well being of others. I do however suspect that the vast majority of doctors would still be very well off as in most societies no matter what the government tries to do people inherently respect those who helps them and are naturally inclined to reward them to the best of their abilities. The massive regulation of the medicinal industry has come long after our life spans increased into the 60's and 70's ( or 80's ) and is NOT responsible for longer life expectancies or for the general living standard increases Americans and Europeans experienced for most of the last century.... The only tangible effect these massive regulation did have is to drive lower cost health care out of the market place as well as ensuring that you had to subscribe ( in terms of being educated to regurgitate certain principles and maxims) to a certain dogma concerning human health before you were allowed to provide legal health care.

Again the regulations that were intended to protect people from fraudsters and toxic/inert substances were mostly used to drive hundreds of thousands of self or otherwise educated well meaning "health care providers" out of the industry to make room for those who would provide the quickest possible solution at the highest possible price taking whatever risks with the clients health they thought they could get away with.

The problem as i see it is that the insurance industry has basically used natural respect we have for doctors and turned it into a way to extract truly vast amounts of money out of working people ( and by that i mean working, not sitting) who are also most at risk and least able to bear the cost. To suggest that this act goes very far in resolving any of the problems with American health care is laughable but no worse than suggesting that it is a mad power play by the government ( who endangers all Americans by antagonizing many other nuclear armed states while spying on them as well as all Americans) which have long ago claimed many more Americans freedoms than are endangered here.

In terms of a liberty/benefit risk assessment democrats should demand MUCH more while the tea party types ( if any of them really believe the things they claim they do) should utterly reject it and not only shut down the government but burn it down too. The fact is non of the parties really gives a damn and will compromise away every last American freedom ( and for that matter South-African or German or Russian or Chinese freedom) they can if they were guaranteed some respectable position in this global new world order.

If all the nonsense during the Shut-storm ( thank you Jon) were not just theater that may actually be some kind of positive sign but i am not convinced and i guess we shall watch round two early next year.

As always do your best to forgive my verbosity and do, as before, feel free to utterly reject and/or ignore my point of view which happens to be just that despite it being typed as coming from some or another gospel...

Stellar
edit on 1-11-2013 by StellarX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Personally I kaint wait to opt out. I'm 63 and don't have a doc - guess I'm gonna have to go into hiding.
Undergound health market and meeting some guy on the corner to buy vitamins or organic herbs.
and don't even think about smoking - or eating - unless...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by Snarl

Most of the Dr's at the VA I go to are indian or other foreign country; most train here and go back home, I can see most fleeing back to their own countries if this were to happen

If most are already training here and going back home already... then one really can't fault the ACA for existing precedence.

I love ATS, it hates the MSM, unless they are saying what they want to hear.

Pretty funny stuff, take partisan rags like the Washington Post and the NY Times with a grain of salt... or better yet, don't read them at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yawn..............................

Great Britain 1948, the dawn of the NHS, some doctors said the same thing then........pathetic

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

IAMTAT
Remember:
"If you LIKE your doctor; You can KEEP your doctor..."

So sayeth the Liar-In-Chief!

Only 23 percent of 409 New York doctors queried by the State Medical Society said they’re accepting patients who have enrolled in an Obamacare health exchange.

And another 33 percent haven’t decided whether or not to take the patients and become official Obamacare providers, The New York Post reported.

“This is so poorly designed that a lot of doctors are afraid to participate,” said Dr. Sam Unterricht, the president of the New York State Medical Society, an organization with 29,000 members, in The New York Post. “There’s a lot of resistance. Doctors don’t know what they’re going to get paid.”

Of those doctors who said they were participating in Obamacare, their cited reason was they “had to” because of existing contracts with insurers or medical providers. The State Medical Society said only one-fourth of doctors in the state who participated in the survey actually chose to join the Obamacare exchange plan — but fully 77 percent of them had yet to see a fee schedule. They’ve no idea how much they will be paid for their services, The Post said.

Some of the doctors’ written comments to the State Medical Society: “Obamacare wants to start right away, but who sees all these new patients???? Not me,” one wrote.

And another, The Post reported: “I plan to retire if this disaster is implemented. This is a train wreck.”

And another: “I refuse to participate in the exchange plans! I am completely opposed to this new law,” The Post reported.

One more: “The solution is simple. Just say no.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

It is a trainwreck, they don't know what the pay chart will be but yet they are supposed to see patients. This will take down the Obama presidency big time.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reaganero
reply to post by Propulsion

School is a privilege.
...That costs a lot of money.

I went to school and paid an arm and a legs for it, and if I am doing well now. It is only because I worked my AZZ OFF to get there. Yes, it might be a privilege, but one it took work and a boat load of money out of my pocket.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Propulsion

reaganero

School is a privilege.

I went to school and paid an arm and a legs for it, and if I am doing well now. It is only because I worked my AZZ OFF to get there. Yes, it might be a privilege, but one it took work and a boat load of money out of my pocket.

How in the world did you afford to pay for college by yourself? I know I didn't have that kind of money by the time I was 18, and I have been working since I was 12!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The fact that martial law can be declared by a government at any time represents the simple fact that the nation is always under military martial law, which in peace-time is called “military rule”.
There is even talk around capital hill of creating mandatory military and/or civilian non-military service after high school for all children… not ironically, just like in Israel.

Who is there to complain to? Government?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

hoghead cheese

IAMTAT
Remember:
"If you LIKE your doctor; You can KEEP your doctor..."

So sayeth the Liar-In-Chief!

Only 23 percent of 409 New York doctors queried by the State Medical Society said they’re accepting patients who have enrolled in an Obamacare health exchange.

And another 33 percent haven’t decided whether or not to take the patients and become official Obamacare providers, The New York Post reported.

“This is so poorly designed that a lot of doctors are afraid to participate,” said Dr. Sam Unterricht, the president of the New York State Medical Society, an organization with 29,000 members, in The New York Post. “There’s a lot of resistance. Doctors don’t know what they’re going to get paid.”

Of those doctors who said they were participating in Obamacare, their cited reason was they “had to” because of existing contracts with insurers or medical providers. The State Medical Society said only one-fourth of doctors in the state who participated in the survey actually chose to join the Obamacare exchange plan — but fully 77 percent of them had yet to see a fee schedule. They’ve no idea how much they will be paid for their services, The Post said.

Some of the doctors’ written comments to the State Medical Society: “Obamacare wants to start right away, but who sees all these new patients???? Not me,” one wrote.

And another, The Post reported: “I plan to retire if this disaster is implemented. This is a train wreck.”

And another: “I refuse to participate in the exchange plans! I am completely opposed to this new law,” The Post reported.

One more: “The solution is simple. Just say no.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

It is a trainwreck, they don't know what the pay chart will be but yet they are supposed to see patients. This will take down the Obama presidency big time.

Consider what Aldus Huxley stated in his novel, “Brave New World“:

“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude…”

Without even a whimper, this is exactly what has become of the managerial structure of the United States, its States, and its local governmental bodies of counties, cities, and districts. In cities (municipal corporations) for example, most government charters are set up as “City Manager” systems, whereby the Mayor and City Council appoint a City Manager to handle most business of the City – the elected council members voting like yes-men with rubber stamps to all the City Manager puts in front of them.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee

Propulsion

reaganero

School is a privilege.

How in the world did you afford to pay for college by yourself? I know I didn't have that kind of money by the time I was 18, and I have been working since I was 12!
I got loans like most everyone else, but at the end of the day, I paid that money back out of my OWN pocket.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Propulsion
I got loans like most everyone else, but at the end of the day, I paid that money back out of my OWN pocket.

So let me ask you this then... What is the education level of parents; secondary, tertiary? Grandparents? Did you grow up in a family home with two working parents with full time union defended jobs? What about your brothers and sisters? Did you go to a public school or private school and what were your grades like? What sort of neighborhood did you grow up in? What was the infrastructure like in your area; good roads, libraries, schools, police, hospitals etc etc?

Basically, if you can't tell, lets see if you REALLY did this on your own or if you just think you did despite having a fantastic support team in your family, town/city, backing you up every stem of the way so that you could in fact work very hard from that solid foundation to climb that proverbial next step higher up onto the ladder?

Sadly i have found that there are many many people who quickly forget where they came from or the help they had that made their success possible if not assured. In the interest of some public disclosure i should state that i think i had a great support team and i do not believe that i have so far lived up to what i think my family could legitimately have expected of me after their hard work&sacrifices.

Thanks&Cheers,

Stellar

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

I grew up in rural Minnesota one the farm. My father was very physically abusive. To the point where I had to be removed and put in a foster home at the age of 13. The farm life was hard, but the foster home was even harder. My foster parents were hard core slave drivers. It was not easy. I had to learn thru trial and error to finally get myself on a straight and narrow. And for a long time, there was a whole lot more error than anything else. I was a troubled kid getting attention in all the wrong ways. I finally got to a point in my life where I would either end up dead, or move forward for the better.

There was a time where I strived to better myself. I went to school full time to become an Occupational Therapist, while I worked what they call “Baylor’s” hours on the weekends. I was working as a CNA two 16 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday, and getting paid for 40 hours. It was pretty nice, but after a year and a half, I got burnt out and had to find something with less hours. After implementing the therapy for a long while, I found an interest in computers and networking. I loved it so much, that I ended up putting the therapy to the side and focusing more so on computers and such. After a long while I was able to start my own computer/networking consulting business. Making 6 figures was really nice, but like all things, everything must come to an end.

7 years ago, I was diagnosed with progressive secondary MS. The really bad kind. And now, I have to do everything in my power just to walk. It’s not easy. I have 5 children I am a father too, and they pretty much keep me on my feet, whether I like it or not.

The fact of the matter, is that we all can make excuses for this or that in life, but at the end of the day, we really only have to answer to ourselves for our actions. I have MS now, but by no means will I let it destroy myself or my family.

I’m sure I went off tract a little from your post, but I think you get the gist of my life. Any other questions would be welcomed.

~Propulsion

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Propulsion
reply to post by StellarX

I grew up in rural Minnesota one the farm. My father was very physically abusive. To the point where I had to be removed and put in a foster home at the age of 13. The farm life was hard, but the foster home was even harder. My foster parents were hard core slave drivers. It was not easy.

Well based on what you have said i think you did more than your share in gaining whatever success you have managed and can thus, in my opinion at least, can not be called hypocritical for advising others that the surest chance of success will come from sweat, toil&tears... I am sure you did not need me to confirm this but you have my apology for insinuating otherwise.

Perhaps i would also be less sympathetic with those who allow, for lack of insight to the contrary, their original circumstances to define them if i had been more successful or had the difficult start which i do not feel i had...

I sincerely hope you have the resources/health plan to help with your current condition; whatever else life is it is in no way fair in how it distributes hardship.

Stellar

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

ObjectZero
reply to post by IAMTAT

When they planned ObamaCare I wonder if they factored in the doctor drop off when they put in place. I bet they didn't.

They'll instate their own doctors...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Onemorevictim
They'll instate their own doctors...

Can always get some from Cuba on government contract; specialist care for a fraction of the cost and with far fewer people involved trying to make a fortune off the misfortune of others. I think any society that thinks that there should be vast profit involved in the general care of human beings are hopelessly misinformed or getting pretty much what they deserve for having independently arrived at such a vicious notion.

If that doesn't work build some government run teaching institutions ( something like the armed forces) and train as many doctors as required on the taxpayers expense; unless you do it wrong you will have doctors with little or no debt and whatever level of medical care the society finds acceptable. The private sector can always guage those middle class or wealth citizens misguided enough to line up for the 'better' care that the private sector provides.

Stellar
edit on 12-11-2013 by StellarX because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join