It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Doctors Flee Obamacare: ‘I Plan To Retire’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Remember:
"If you LIKE your doctor; You can KEEP your doctor..."

So sayeth the Liar-In-Chief!

Only 23 percent of 409 New York doctors queried by the State Medical Society said they’re accepting patients who have enrolled in an Obamacare health exchange.

And another 33 percent haven’t decided whether or not to take the patients and become official Obamacare providers, The New York Post reported.

“This is so poorly designed that a lot of doctors are afraid to participate,” said Dr. Sam Unterricht, the president of the New York State Medical Society, an organization with 29,000 members, in The New York Post. “There’s a lot of resistance. Doctors don’t know what they’re going to get paid.”

Of those doctors who said they were participating in Obamacare, their cited reason was they “had to” because of existing contracts with insurers or medical providers. The State Medical Society said only one-fourth of doctors in the state who participated in the survey actually chose to join the Obamacare exchange plan — but fully 77 percent of them had yet to see a fee schedule. They’ve no idea how much they will be paid for their services, The Post said.

Some of the doctors’ written comments to the State Medical Society: “Obamacare wants to start right away, but who sees all these new patients???? Not me,” one wrote.

And another, The Post reported: “I plan to retire if this disaster is implemented. This is a train wreck.”

And another: “I refuse to participate in the exchange plans! I am completely opposed to this new law,” The Post reported.

One more: “The solution is simple. Just say no.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You can't really blame them. My mom is an RN and has worked with the same doctor for 15 years. He is retiring to avoid what he calls "The Coming Disaster". My GP that I have been going to for over 20 years actually moved back to Canada several months ago to also avoid Obamacare. Both of these doctors were older granted... but both took early retirement for the same reason. Both would have easily worked for another decade if not more.

How many more doctors are doing the same thing?

It seems to be a disturbing trend to say the least.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

When they planned ObamaCare I wonder if they factored in the doctor drop off when they put in place. I bet they didn't.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

They obviously knew doctors would bail:

Report: 83 percent of doctors have considered quitting over Obamacare

dailycaller.com...

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

ObjectZero
When they planned ObamaCare I wonder if they factored in the doctor drop off when they put in place. I bet they didn't.

I bet they did. They couldn't overlook it. Obamacare looks to be purposely engineered to make Americans totally dependent on the government for their most vital needs. It purposely broke that which worked just fine for most Americans. They HAD to know what they were doing. It's so awful it had to be engineered that way for a reason. The question is .. what is the reason ... YIKES!

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with you and call me a conspiracy theorist but I think Obamacare combined with the rise of benefits/food stamps they are slowly cornering the market on two major things things people need to survive.

If you can control the food and the health of a people... you can control the people.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It's a reckless and shameless power-grab. Period.

link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

83% is really high, not saying the number are not true. But that should be a red flag in any project.

link   
A 'good' doc takes in more than $250K/yr. If they didn't lead an extravagant lifestyle, there aren't many who can't afford to throw in the towel.

Afterthought: What professions are the first to go in a communist overthrow? At least we won't have to worry about lawyers for much longer! I know they're in the mix.

ETA: The hospital I work for lost a butt-ton of docs just over the implementation of the electronic health record. It doesn't take a lot to make these folks pack their bags and walk.
edit on 29102013 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
With these numbers, you gotta wonder why they wont repeal this mess

@Snarl:

A 'good' doc takes in more than $250K/yr. If they didn't lead an extravagant lifestyle, there aren't many who can't afford to throw in the towel.

Who says theryre gonna throw in the towel? They can just go to canada and start a practice there
edit on 10/29/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
"If you LIKE your doctor; You can KEEP your doctor..."
...is right up there with:
"Read my lips: NO new taxes!"

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
People are going to have a hard time finding a good GP if even half the numbers are true.

The program make no "good" since in how it was done. But it does make since if you think of it in other terms.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You know, Homer, that's a really good point. They 'could' wind up anywhere if they're willing to move. After all, a human body is a human body. Can you imagine the US if all of the 'talent' was on the way out instead of on the way in like it has been?
edit on 29102013 by Snarl because: omitted word

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Most of the Dr's at the VA I go to are indian or other foreign country; most train here and go back home, I can see most fleeing back to their own countries if this were to happen

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I've seen that as well I've run in to a few that stayed cause they set roots here, but that is a very small number. I expect that most till get what they need now and leave for better options.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Right now I work in the Fire Protection Industry, you wouldn't think this would equate to Dr's and Obamascare, however. Since early 2013 to now I could not start to tell you how many Dr. offices we service that have ***CLOSED*** there doors. I get at least one call a week stating they are closing there practice.... "Not" moving, "CLOSING"...

Just figured, I'd drop a penny in the collection jar.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I believe that when doctors went on strike either in the USA or Canadain the 70's or 80's , there was a massive drop in the death rate.

You might find you're healthier for not having a doctor. You may have to find ways that actually heal you of your illness rather than just treat your symptoms.

If your insurance is going to force you to have all sorts of unnecessary screenings, vaccinations and god knows what else, you may be better off doctor- less.

Always look at the bright side of life!!

Maybe Mr O really does 'love you all'! If he doesn't then he's sticking to his 'change' promise...........didn't say what 'change' but 'change' is what you have.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It's not going to make one bit of difference. The Obama people don't care how much turmoil they cause in people's lives as long as they get what they want.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Of those doctors who said they were participating in Obamacare, their cited reason was they “had to” because of existing contracts with insurers or medical providers. The State Medical Society said only one-fourth of doctors in the state who participated in the survey actually chose to join the Obamacare exchange plan — but fully 77 percent of them had yet to see a fee schedule. They’ve no idea how much they will be paid for their services, The Post said.

Now we see the reason why they are quitting. Because they won't be able to charge outrageous amounts for their work. Like charging the government for a full physical after asking a patient how do you feel.

(post by IAMTAT removed for political trolling and baiting)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join