It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Have Any Encounters With the ''Little People?''

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I explored realms via psychoactive substances and made contact with some diminutive "mechanical" entities. They were ancient and very wise.

edit on 30-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by irish1

Utterly rediculous it may be, but ask someone in Ireland or Scotland to F!@$ with a fairy fort and await the hesitant responce.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
My late father was born in 1930 and raised on a sheep farm in rural Sligo County, Ireland. My grandfather and his brother owned and operated a small cobblery that made heavy boots. When WWI rolled around, for reasons that have never been made clear to me, they were in a position to make boots – tens of thousands of pairs by all accounts, for the British Army. After the war, they turned their windfall into the purchase of the several hundred acres (it’s not contiguous – the main house and farm are less than a hundred acres) in north Sligo County that the family owns to this day. My dad always joked about how all the other kids thought they were rich because they had new shoes; but the fact was, the only birthday and Christmas presents my dad and 10 aunts and uncles ever got was – Drum Roll Please! – shoes.

After a stint in the RAF, dad and three of his brothers immigrated to the US, met my mom (hopefully that was just dad on that one), and proceeded to build a very successful career and life.

I came along in 1964, and one of the earliest recollections of my childhood is my first trip to Ireland when I was 4. To say the least, going from Palm Springs, California – all I’d ever known, to deepest darkest Ireland, was a little frightening, to be honest.

The trips became a yearly staple of my summer vacations, and I grew to love the place, and the farm, and the air, and my cousins who had infinite sympathy, but no idea, why my mother dressed me in carefully coordinated outfits and made me wear shoes that had no place on a sheep farm in Sligo County, Ireland.

I’m getting to the point…

I remember well the trip over in my 9th year, because I had a broken arm in a cast up to my shoulder blade. My dad, in his infinite wisdom, had given me a shiny new Honda 70 motorbike for my 9th birthday a few months before. My mother was furious. Turns out she was right, hehehehe…

That summer mom and dad decided to spend a couple weeks on the continent, but I wanted to stay with my cousins. That was probably the most, um, illuminating(?) two weeks of my life.

It was then that one night my aunt pulled me off the dinner table, dragged me into a dark hall, and proceeded to tell me in hushed tones that the family had been “blessed” because my great-grandfather had protected “the fairies” from (ahem) a banshee. I #e you not. It got weirder from there…

He killed the goddamn banshee.

They have its bones…

And they are hidden somewhere on the farm.

Now, I’m a 9 y/o kid with a broken arm (in two places), a DESTROYED Honda 70 (my first love), parents who were hundreds of miles away, and an obviously drunken aunt telling me our ancestor killed a monster. I’m not sure -- and I probably have a few years left to fully realize the dream -- but I think that’s the closest I’ve ever come to sh*t*ng myself.

I didn’t sleep that night, and it got worse from there: these folks truly believe in “little people” and “magic” and God-knows-what else (ghosts, demons, leprechauns, etc.).

I love my Irish family with all my heart, and no one loves back like an Irish family. But I’m glad I was born an American and an unrepentant skeptic.

Thanks, mom.

edit on 5-11-2013 by SBMcG because: Skipped word...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As crazy as it sounds, I have encountered them back in the mid-late eighties. I posted about it here and have no idea where my thread about it is, but I think about it a lot. I was scared but they were very real. They exist. I saw the 1-foot tall ones(they did not seem friendly at all) and I saw the female fairies. The fairies I talked to a couple of times(they spoke English how I do not know) and they sang a lot of songs--like old music/celtic sounding/jazz. Never seen them since but will carry it with me 'til my dying day. I wish I could see them again. One day last year, something hit my bedroom window hard. I thought it was a bird, but whatever it was, it had dragonfly-type wings and was so fast that I didn't get a good look at it other than the wings. I wondered if maybe it was them trying to get my attention.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
having had friends working on a cattle property in Australia quite a few years back, there was
mention of one of the workers waking up one morning and acting way out of character, he had lost
his mind, ranting and raving incoherently, not knowing where he was and remembering very little.

it was said by the local indiginous that he must have seen "the little people" in his hut that
night, that these beings are very territorial and very much mischief makers to those who see
them.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ranong

Came to say thanks to you, Ranong, for the quotation in your footline . . . It is perfect and beautiful, can you tell me anymore about it's origin?

Re: little people, I have been aware of them since I can remember. "Seeing" is in need of definition cuz it's not always with the eyes . . .I do believe they are mostly in the woods. Headed to beach cottage in woods later today and will be glad to be amongst them again.

Thanks for thread, OP.

Cheers,
Nexo

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Apologies - I live in Scotland.

There's no big "little people" belief here. I wish the scots had that much imagination.

You have been sold a romantic story and bought into it.

People would barely recognise a fairy ring!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I visited Ireland back in the early 90's. One night, while staying in a bed and breakfast there (someone's home), I had the weirdest dream. I dreamed there were these little guys who were on top of me, holding me down. I don't remember now exactly what they looked like - but I don't think they were any too cute. I wasn't afraid of them - they were more mischievous little buggers rather than outright evil. I was angry at them, and kept yelling at them to get off me. They laughed and basically thumbed their nose at me and refused to get off. I have only a vague and cursory knowledge of "fairies" and leprechauns - I know for a fact we never discussed them with anyone on our trip, nor was I thinking about anything like that when I went to bed that night. It was just a weird dream that I never forgot. That's the only experience I have had with "little people".

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hello to everyone! I'm not entirely sure if people are delusional or people are just crazy like myself or if they had a real experience with something unknown to our world. I was a non - believer until about two years ago I started having trouble getting to sleep at a decent hour. I would toss and turn and usually by the time I had to get up I was so exhausted. I usually kept on my night light because I was convinced there was something in my room. You see, I live on an Indian Reservation where these types of "unknown or unexplained" experinces are common. That being said I never had an experience like this ever. One night while I was trying to get to sleep as usual I could hear rustling or tiny steps alongside my bed. I remember being compeltly freaked out, so very quietly I looked alongside my bed and there was this tiny person running. He had to be about 3 or 4 inches tall and he had this little travellers size back pack on and he ran right through the wall. I wasn't sure what to make of this and as anyone who was as freaked out as me - did not sleep a wink that night. I started learning more about my culture and come to find we have society dedicated to people who have been visited by the little people. I found that we refer to them as "memegwesi" which means in my language "hairy face" . I talked with elders and they told me that the little people come in different sizes and shapes and are specific to each different nation. I was also told that they only visit people who are pure of heart. I'm your average native girl slowly learning what I can about my culture and language ( as I said before just average native girl). So, Hearing that they are only drawn to people of pure hearts made me feel very special indeed. I also keep a small alter by my bedside full of jelly beans, anything Shiney, rocks and tobacco as offerings for them. Since then I have had almost doubled the amount of experinces. I am grateful to have them in my life as they are medicine to me now. So, am I a delusional person...well I'll tell you one thing I sure as heck was a non-believer before. Now, I'm not sure what's real or not in our world.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Its impossible to know if we are infested with faeries who now turn into UFOs, or they were always UFOs who formerly assumed the form of little people...or neither form is the "real" form.

(Or we are delusional...yada yada).

It's a fun topic.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Those "mechanical faeries" stories are some of the most fascinating of all.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ojibwegirl

The Lakota Sioux offered (offer?) tobacco to "the spirits".

It's interesting that this crosses cultures.

Im a measly 1/4 Lakota....but its the part of me that I'm most fond of.

As for your little visitors...just don't get obsessive about it and you will be fine.

Kev

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FlowThruSpace

hobbits

en.wikipedia.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 29-10-2016 by kibric because: boo

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'll tell you who's funny is my "little people" buddy Cowboy. He's like a plieadian guy (like half the people here at ATS) and he's a conspiracy theorist and general busy body. He's disembodied and appears as an apparition all the time. He and I talk a lot about stuff.

Nibiru, the Truther Movement, how much he's not impressed with the illuminati.

He's a really cool spirit. I guess he's not a little person as he appears about 5' 10'. How I ever got messed up with him I'll never know. Still he's interesting as hell, so I'm glad he's around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join