It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fairy Phenomenon & it's Similarities to ET

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Fairy folklore is ancient. They are as ancient as the human race and our myth and lore is filled with stories of these elusive non-human intelligences. In the days of old, the phenomenon was widespread. Often, drastic measures were taken to protect oneself and one’s children from the nefarious activities of the fey. They were known to spirit away young women and men to have sexual relations with, in order to strengthen the fairy stock. There was also the concern of abduction, particularly of infants and young toddlers, as they were coveted by the fairy, again to breed with and strengthen the fairy line.

The fairies were known to have many tricks up their wings in order to accomplish such feats. They could glamour a victim, and cause them to see what they wanted their victim to see. They could paralyze their victims, so that their job was made that much easier. For those people taken to fairyland, time would distort. What would appear to be a short time of visitation among them would turn out to be a prolonged period of time passing in the earthly realm of our encasing.

In today’s day and age, fairy abductions and sightings, has all but ceased. Instead, today, with the advent of our technology and science, a new hypothesis has formed to replace the fairy phenomenon. In enters, the alien abduction phenomenon. It is widespread, but elusive, just like fairy abductions were. What is more telling, that these two phenomenons are one in the same – is that aliens use the same exact methods that were purported fairy using. Aliens will paralyze their victims, distort reality and time, and cause the victims to see various strange things to confuse them.

Today, our perceptions of what the fairy are have been distorted drastically. With the help of such tales like Tinker Bell and the Fairy Godmother, they have become cuddly cute metaphors that have a benign roll to play with humans. However, such nonsense is just that - nonsense. Fairies, of old, were not all cute and sweet and filled with good intentions. They were feared, not all of them were good, and certainly not all of them were attractive.

So do such musings take away from the alien abduction phenomenon? Quite frankly, I don’t think so. Instead, I think it adds an extra dimension to the phenomenon. It takes it from a relatively new phenomenon, back to where it belongs – ancient. This phenomenon is not new, or an advent of new discoveries. It’s as old as time itself. We just forgot to connect the dots, perhaps do to Hollywood’s romantic retelling of what fairies are. One has to wonder, was that deliberate?

I’ve taken some pictures of my favorite fairy illustration book – Brian Froud’s, “Good Fairies, Bad Fairies Book”, first published in 1998. Take a gander at these fairies met up in the astral, drawn from personal accounts, and different tales – and you tell me? Same phenomenon – or separate phenomenons?

Here we have a collection of pixies. The most significant thing about pixies. They are not individuals, but rather exist as a group/collective - soul/mind. Sound familiar?

I'm sorry that I didn't describe each fairy. If their is a particular fairy you'd like more information on, just let me know. Also, if anyone desires, I can take more pics of different looking fairy and post up some more fairies. There are many different sorts, in variety and intent.

So some links to pursue at your leisure if you'd like some more information.

Supernatural Abduction: Ufo and Folklore Narratives

Faires and UFO's

From ATS member PerfectPerception
UFO's, Aliens, Folklore & Otherworldly Beings: Is there a Connection

I haven't went into Vallee and other researchers who have also pointed out these connections, but they indeed have made those connections - repeatedly. The above thread does touch upon those points, and I encourage everyone to check out the thread. It's very good and I enjoyed it.

Also, orbs or willow-o-wisps are very common in fairy folklore from ancient days gone by. Directly linking inexplicable, unidentified lights in the sky with fairy also.

Now as I go through my books and references about fairies - one specific ET entity seems to be devoid of the fairy realm is Reptilians. I can find fairies of cat like, insect like, human like, and grey like depiction - but not reptilian like fairies. If anyone can find a reference to such, a reptilian like fairy, I'd be most interested - as I haven't located it yet.

Has anyone here on ATS had interactions with what they would classify as fairy?

I am very interested in everyone's thoughts, and if in disagreement, why you think the two phenomenon are separate and not related. I look forward to everyone's thoughts and input, and hope you enjoyed the read and pics!

Blessings,
CirqueDeTruth

edit on 15-9-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: spacing

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Thanks for posting this! Could fairies really be aliens? Absolutely great connection you have made star for you!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPower

That is my hypothesis! The only thing I'm unsure of is did fairies/aliens always come from out there (space) or over there (unperceived dimension) or is it a combination of both?

CdT

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

WHAT IF
We came from "out there" and they were the ones here??

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think most supernatural tales mirror each other. It's no different with demons. They levitate like aliens floating a body out of their bedroom. They can paralyze, manipulate illusions, use mind control and are mischievous. Abductees sense terror or evil. Demons can mark up a body just like aliens and demonic entities are known to rape ( probe)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Faeries or aliens, i believe it is the same psychological experience. If humans see something that they cannot understand and are afraid. they come up with their own make believe interpretation to help them understand what they cannot grasp. Of course aliens and fairies are not real, but that doesn't mean humans experience are not real. Their minds interpret stimuli based on what their minds can rationalize. Right now we think aliens, two hundred years ago we could only think of trolls or fairies. Who knows what the boogey man will be in another 200 years. I would imagine they would be government holograms or mind control demons. If you ask me it was better to believe in faeries, at least you had made up ways to defend yourself.
If you put cream out for them you were safe. You had understood rules to go by. What do you do to protect yourselves from aliens or government boogey men.

V

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Well demons or fallen angels are not really my forte. My only reference book to them is "The Dictionary of Angels including the fallen angels", by Gustav Davidson and Silver Ravenwolf's pagan take on angels.

It's my own personal belief that Christian's quite lazely just dumped everything that didn't fall into the paradigm they were trying to create - into the demon category. Deities, elementals, spirits, and fairy alike. If it didn't fall in line with their model - they said demonize it.

Much like today, people dump everything they don't agree with or can't wrap their mind around into psychology and label the person mentally unstable. As though we have everything all figured out and there is nothing left of the mysterious to discover!

CdT

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Well see my above post on my view of dumping everything we don't understand or know how to quantify into psychology. It's rather short sighted and limited and closes off any new discoveries we might make.

Other ways to keep away fairy:
Salt
Iron
Leave a set a pipes laying aroung, they can't help but play them and give themselves away.

CdT

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Very interesting theory. I can definitely see the correlation between the two. I recently started to think about how much North American cattle mutilations and the South American Chupacabra stories have in common. Both have mutilated carcasses drained of blood and at least one of the eyewitnesses drawings of a Chupacabra screams classic 'grey'.

Here is a drawing created for Madelyne Tolentino who claims this is what see saw when she witnessed a Chupacabra.

Not your typical manged coyote that has been recently passed off as the Chupacabra is it?

Fairies, Chupacabra, and Grey's could very well be the same phenomenon from different areas of the world. If there is some truth to this then I'm sure more legends or paranormal phenomenon could fit into this puzzle as well.

Grey's are also smaller in stature the same as a fairy. The wings on a fairy could reference that these creatures appeared by flying down and not necessarily mean that they had actual wings on their backs but just the means to fly instead.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

If this thread is interesting to anyone, I would highly recommend a book by Rick Strassman: XXX (I can't use these three letters based on this site's T&C): The Spirit Molecule. IMVHO it's a little pseudoscientific, but it's a fascinating read and may open several different trains of thought to you.

One of the most interesting aspects was the specific mention of elves and aliens witnessed by folks under the influence of XXX. The similarity of the encounters by different test subjects just could not be missed or discounted. I also liked the way Strassman covered his own time intensive efforts at getting the study underway. I think the only government rule he broke was finding someone to synthesize the stuff, but he appeared to be quite honest about it after the fact.

I'll take my water without the fluoride, thank you, please.

"The world is changed. Much that once was is lost. For none now live who remember it. History became legend, legend became myth, and some things that should not have been forgotten were lost." I love that narration!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Have you looked into any of May Gibbs work? i really do think she knew and was shown more than she told

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

It's true, my Mother swears i'm a Changeling left by the Fairies...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

From Ats thread Fairies.

Whateva69
How uncanny, I recently had a dream about fairy’s.

Two emerged beside me, the eldest or tallest was female, she was absolutely surreal, I was very excited and kept repeating your real, your real, she was carrying a woven wicker basket, but I can’t remember what was in it, she had golden blonde hair it was clipped up in such a way so that it showed her ears, pointed and delicate as of typical fairy reports, her hair was to her waste and had natural waves and curls, If I remember correctly her dress was a very pale pink and stopped just above her knees. She was about 3 feet tall.

Weird I know, every fairy I’ve looked up trying to find anything else similar have all been very very small,

The younger or shorter fairy, I felt was her daughter, and in my dream I didn’t pay much attention to her, I mainly focused on the taller of the two.

All I could find about dreaming about fairy’s is this.

Dream Dictionary

Fairy To dream of a fairy, is a favorable omen to all classes, as it is always a scene with a beautiful face portrayed as a happy child, or woman.

What does that mean? favourable omen to all classes ?

when i told my husband about this he said maybe i had been shrunk and they really weren't as tall as i though.

also on that page i posted information about Richard Dadd who painted some amazing fairy's.

Love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 16/9/13 by Whateva69 because: oops buggard up quote tags

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Wow! Very interesting stuff. I found it interesting that XXX is naturally occurring and similar to serotonin. No wonder people have psychotic episodes in psychiatric care who are prescribed medications that release excess amount of serotonin into your system!

So the pineal gland naturally excretes XXX into ones system. This could explain why some people naturally have paranormal experiences, while others do not. It,s all a matter of biology. Further indicated by paranormal experiences tending to run in the family.

In my research I was reading an interview and Dr. Rick Strassman was asked if his research could give us more insight to the paranormal. His response -

Rick: I'm not sure what you mean by paranormal. And, I'm not too interested in say, psi, or clairvoyance, or telepathy. Those don't seem necessarily a more enlightened way of viewing our lives and our society. However, the concept of consciousness existing without a body, and the implications this might have on our behavior, ethics, ecology, interpersonal relationships—these hold more interest to me.

Also a few quotes from world-of-lucid- dreaming.com (I won't link articles as it would be a taboo violation).

On the other hand, the experiments provided new and startling information. Volunteers described bizarre visions of alien life forms - even subjects that wanted and fully expected to see angels and fairies saw other-worldly beings. It provokes the question: is XXX like a door to an alternate reality? Does it facilitate lucid dreams, the out-of-body state and glimpses into other dimensions

When one considers that this occurs naturally, and that serotonin is very similar in structure and effect, it tends to answer the petulant question asked by non-experiencers "Why you and not me?" Some people just may be more biologically tuned, to perceive realities unknown, while others are simply not.

Very interesting stuff. I hope I stayed within T&C in giving an informed reply to your post. Mods - I recognized the risks when I responded. If it's necessary upon your estimation in review - do your thing.

CdT

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Some of the links supplied in that thread are fantastic!

I've seen May Gibbs art over the internet. She has a very wholesome presentation of them, very earth-centric. I tend to be drawn to cosmic ideologies in art, philosophy, mindset - always been that way! Her depictions of fairy remind me of my mothers art. Very nature oriented and soul connect to Gaia - so to speak. She is the epitome of pan-theistic. Ms. Gibbs fairy have a cherubic quality that makes my heart melt.

Thanks for the contribution.

CdT

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Kantzveldt

It's true, my Mother swears i'm a Changeling left by the Fairies...

That's funny. My grandfather said the same thing of me!

I guess we are fairy kin, but I don't really fit the bill for being a changeling!

I'm only a few inches shy of six foot and very nearly a doppleganger of my mother! There is no denying I am her daughter and instead a swap for a fairy hybrid. LOL

CdT

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I have always thought them both one and the same. I live in the middle of no where and have seen glowing orbs on the road and ufo activity in the sky..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I believe that there is a non-human intelligence behind much of the UFO\ET experience, and said intelligence has also been referred to as "fairies", "gnomes" and the like.

However, I also believe there are 'nature spirits' or 'nature entities' out there, and that those things are the fairies or "fae" that some people refer to. One of my sister's best friends has a house in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado.
This woman has lived there for 25 years, and she claims she has seen fairies twice. Only twice in 25 years. She walks and hikes very frequently. Her second sighting happened very recently. Because of the wildfires in Colorado, insurance companies were forcing some homeowners to cut down trees. The trees were in the "Red Zones" and considered dangerous with all the fires about. Some of these trees were very old. My sis's friend said as the trees were being cut down, she saw a fairy flitting among the leaves. She could tell the fairy was disturbed or very angry that the trees were being killed. She spoke aloud to the fairies that she was very sorry and felt terrible for cutting down the trees.

On her walk home, up the mountainside, she fell and badly injured her knee.

This woman who claims to have seen the fairies is very intelligent, sensible and rational. She's the national sales manager for a large corporation. She's not some wacky new-ager. In both sightings, she said the beings were tiny people. (female) There was no way she mistook dragonflies or hummingbirds for these beings. reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yeah i suddenly realized that May Gibbs may have come in contact with them when i read a thread here on ATS by Fylgje The Little People And The Fairies

May spent a lot of her time in the bush away from the homestead.

Here is a small quote from Fylgjes thread

There was this little man, about 12 inches tall, looked like an elf, with a burlap-looking hat, who was dragging something that looked like the biggest dragonfly that I have ever seen. I'll never forget those detailed wings. As I trained my eyes on it, I see that it had, by the ankle, what looked to be a female fairy-type looking thing, It was thinner than him but about the same lenght. It appeared he was trying to drag it to safety. I got the impression that the fairy had been wounded or something. The little man was looking at me in a very hateful manner and made a motion with his hand, like swinging it around in front of him, for me to not come any closer and go away and by the expression on his face, he meant it. He was going toward an old stump. I think that's where he, and his injured friend were heading.

At the same time I saw about 3 others scrambling to get out of my sight and one went behind a tree and the others went into a hole in the ground. I was not wanted there. So I honored his motion and turned around and was walking away and as I turned around, he hadn't moved, but still had a hold of her ankle, watching me like a hawk, and again, he nodded his head very angrily for me to move on, so I did. I couldn't believe what I saw.

Whateva69
After reviewing your thread i was suddenly reminded of May Gibbs

I hope you find this as interesting as i have.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The book you referenced (Good Fairies\Bad Fairies) looks very interesting. I found it on ebay. This is a truly fascinating subject.

Here's a cool scene from a movie called 'Willow':
www.youtube.com...

I really like this image.

This documentary looks good...gonna watch it tomorrow when I have more time.
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join