It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Have Any Encounters With the ''Little People?''

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In many parts of the world, a belief in ''the little people'', is an integral part of the local culture. In fact, in highly civilized regions of the world, such as: Iceland, Ireland, Scandinavian countries, the belief is surprisingly strong. People do believe in these creatures not in a metaphorical - but literal - sense. One could laugh it off as a figment of deranged imagination, but how can every single individual be delusional?

Did you have any experiences with the ''little people'', or.. not-so-little? What made you believe that experience was genuine and not a result of misinterpretation, etc?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
My wife is Cherokee. Her grandfather used to say that his father was an avid fisherman and loved to fish the deep fork river located in okmulgee Oklahoma. This river is full of channel catfish as well as flathead catfish. Well, the story goes that he would trade some of the fish he caught to the little people of the forest for berries. He described them as being about a foot tall and dressed in animal skins. He said they lived in caves and in large trees. Now he was known to hit the fire water but he always stuck to his story.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlowThruSpace

highly civilized regions

Priceless

How can every individuals be delusional? You dont have to look far: religions.

If by little people you meant like gnomes or earth elementals. well i would tend to believe it to be more probable than religion beliefs. There is no doubt (no proof though) in my mind that there are "invisible" or undetectable species, creatures or even mythical beings spread all over the world especially in places empty of humans or respected. The "but there is no proofs, nobody ever saw them or recorded them, it goes against physical laws and so on" cannot discard this one because these legends go far back in time.

What make me doubt though:
-why the hell do these beings (for the fairies, elementals, elves and so on) always have to have human traits? why must it be humanoids-like beings and not original organisms with their own unique shapes and traits?
-why dont they act against the inexorable destruction of Nature and thus, their natural habitats? I dont know if they do act or not but i sure cannot see any improvements whatsoever.

i am undecided on that one.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am from Dublin,Ireland but now living in Thailand. I have never seen or Know anyone that seen a fairy or a Leprechaun, but rest assured to this day no farmer or landowner will demolish or even go near a fairy fort even if it is just a lump in the ground. The people that do get cursed.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I have not personally had an experience with the "little people", but the paternal side of my lineage is from Scotland - both wide & deep - and goes back a long way.

I can tell you unequivocally that belief in the "little people" is very strong there.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard "By the grace of God and the wee people..." from my relatives whenever they talk about something they hope will happen. It's simply a normal part of their everyday language.

On a side note - what a great country Scotland is. The history and the richness of the culture is an amazing thing to experience. And the food is so much better than in the UK proper...

Just my opinion of course...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
When you state little people, how little do you mean?

Are we talking about dwarf size people or really, really small, tiny people that live in the skirting board?

Just curious........

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm surrounded by these little people. My son in law, my sisterinlaw, the grandchildren.....When your six two there are a lot of little people around. I'm not used to being shorter than people, when I see someone over six eleven I feel so small. Short people are used to looking up at people, I'm not. I don't even notice that people are short because I am used to it.

If I saw one of these little people when I was stream fishing, I would ask them if there were any good fishing holes on the stream. I guess that sounds really ridiculous now that I think of it, nobody is going to tell you where the good fishing holes are.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

To me anyone under 6ft is little and they get smaller as they go.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Did you have any experiences with the ''little people'', or.. not-so-little? What made you believe that experience was genuine and not a result of misinterpretation, etc?

Oh yes. Over a period of decades, these little people terrorized my wife and me. We ceased having a sex/romantic relationship. These munchkins woke us up in the middle of the night and sleeping in was just impossible. They left hand prints on the walls, crayon marks on the dinner table, spilled food all over our car and somehow made us spend tons of money on them buying them everything they wanted!

They still come around now and again but as we've gotten older, we've shrunk some which makes these little gnomes look almost grown up now...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Riffrafter

I have not personally had an experience with the "little people", but the paternal side of my lineage is from Scotland - both wide & deep - and goes back a long way.

I can tell you unequivocally that belief in the "little people" is very strong there.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard "By the grace of God and the wee people..." from my relatives whenever they talk about something they hope will happen. It's simply a normal part of their everyday language.

On a side note - what a great country Scotland is. The history and the richness of the culture is an amazing thing to experience. And the food is so much better than in the UK proper...

Just my opinion of course...

I'm from Ireland, I'm in Scotland every weekend, and I can tell you, the idea of 'little people' is regarded, across the board, as being ridiculous. Completely, utterly, ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by irish1

What about the Banshee?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

I was going to say that. Eastern Oklahoma is full of stories of "Little People". I've heard most natives aren't even supposed to talk about them. I was told Kullihoma is rife with them.

Kullihoma Wiki

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

This is common to most culture's in the world, the celt's and norse have such beliefs though Iceland is I believe one of the most superstitious and there was a story about a road being built, they had to move a large boulder but every time they tried something whent wrong and a number of accident's occured so the local shamen was called and he explained the boulder was a home to the little people (more spiritual than physical) so to this day the road parts around the boulder.

On the other hand you have never met my boss, very loud, obnoxious, thinks he is bigger than he is and drives a large car as well as putting other people down to boost his diminutive ego.
A think therefore a lot of us have met at least one branch of the LITTLE people.

Anyway back on thread, the Gentry of scot's folklore and the wee folk of ireland and scotland seemed to have a lot in common with the celt belief and the otherworld (tir nan og - the land of the young were you never age), a number of significant similarity's exist between these legends and some experiences now classified as UFOlogical but it may actually be the other way around, UFO encounters may very well be real and some may have an interdimensional element to them while having replaced Fairy's in our culturaly awareness they may have led to us missidentifying paranormal encounters of another dimensional nature with extra-terrestrial encounters of another reality and while this sounds like symantics it is an important point.
S+F

edit on 29-10-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sons of Ivaldi ? They could explain the Norse tales and because the Norse or "others" were living in the U.S. prior to "other short folks" helping Columbus on His rape/pillage jaunt, this would also explain the Native Peoples' Tales... A lot Cherokee, but NOT the "Eastern band" have a bunch of Euro features when those in the west have more Asiatic features, and they weren't as "tall"

So,sew, what is "small"? One only knows "small" because they know "tall"

The One who types that they 'tower' over others would be short in the Sudan, but tall in Vietnam...

Why don't the "unseen" stay in a shape other than humanoid? They do! that is their camouflage. Take a minute and REALLY LOOK, but You can't see "them" if You're looking beyond them.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just for information, I do not know too much at all, but take a look:

www.irishcentral.com...

My wife is from Donegal, and grew up in Galway, and the "little people" are talked of a lot, (well, not quite as much as other things, it's not like they go on about them in the pubs or anything) as well as "fairy mounds"

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

Out of curiosity I ask, does anyone from time to time make a claim to seeing the little guys? Do you ever see it in the papers?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here in South Arica, the "little people" are a bit like our (killer) bees, not something to be f#%^ed with. The Tokoloshe is alive and the people not so well!

As a kid ALLof the ladies that worked for us would have their beds on 5 or 6 bricks, HIGH off the ground. You did that because you did NOT want any Tokoloshes in the night on your bed. I tried joking about it once and was reprimanded in the tone of voice normally reserved for guns and poison: DON'T go there, you don't know what you are talng about.

Now this may sound like superstition, but many years later, about 2 years ago I had an encounter with a friend of mine that is a trainee sangoma. Because of a very unique situation she called up the Ancestors, which was amazing to behold. She switched between different ancestors, one of which was a grandparent of my wife, spoke perfect unaccounted Afrikaans talking about family things that were very private. Then I had a "conversation" with them, full on telepathic immersion, non-verbal and truly amazing. The memories go very, very deep. Probably pre-language.

After that, I'll think twice before calling anything superstition. If someone says Tokoloshe, I'll find a high spot and THEN get out my camera

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Not the little people but here are three story's of horrible paranormal entities (urban myths or are they).
www.cracked.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I can't say I've met them, no. But they do seem pretty nice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join