It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody on this forum read up on Seth (of Jane Roberts fame)?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

elysiumfire
Consciousness cannot separate from the physical body and go wandering around to other physical locations, only our imagination can do that based on memory.
You'd do better to stopping chasing rainbows.

Then explain Edgar Cayce.

I caught a rainbow once. And there it was, the pot of gold! Had to wrestle an elf or two to get it though, or some kind of little creature. But yeah, Edgar Cayce, what about that semi-backwoods Kentuckian?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Aleister:

Then explain Edgar Cayce.

What about him, there's nothing to explain. However, just to humour you, here's some food for thought...

www.skepdic.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I didn't read most of this page! amazing, I can definitely relate to not having time to do anything. I feel like when you finally do have time to do something, you squander it away on something almost meaningless just to say you did something enjoyable instead of doing something meaningful. I can definitely relate.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

Those were heady volumes (I only read the 2nd one). I gotta read it again. For some reason I didn't enjoy it that much; maybe because it was so hard to assimilate. I really did love his material about the families of consciousness and counterparts. Aww, man. I'm having trouble keeping up with this thread!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

To be honest with you, I think that that was someone's opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Wowwww!!! I had always wanted Seth to expound upon UFO's!!! I have to come back to that and read that more slowly... Excellent, and thanks very much!!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by kauskau

K, I hope you read the pages as well as post on them, so as long as you are getting an Okay reception here (even though it disrupts the topic) can you please put in one post a concise explanation of what your friend Basher can accomplish and what the core message of the data is - and also explain, if you would, the overlap on the Seth material which is, seriously, hard to match up to. I don't know if your guy does or not, does he?

Actually Bashar is one of the few other channels I pay any attention to. Bashar is totally into probabilities pretty well very much like Seth was.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

elysiumfire
I first came across the Seth Material back in the mid 70's, it fascinated me then, but now the only status it can hold is that it is pure hearsay, it has no validity or veracity, regardless of who or what is attributed to the material. At the time I was also reading Brunton, and his concept of the 'Overself', and the similarities were remarkable, although Brunton pre-dates the Seth material by 40 years or so.

Like religious treatises, the New Age movement borrows concepts from earlier ideas, but they are still man made.

There is no 'afterlife', no matter how hard we wish there to be. Consciousness cannot separate from the physical body and go wandering around to other physical locations, only our imagination can do that based on memory. Consciousness does not continue after physical death, it doesn't shift from one frequency range to another in order to relocate to a different reality. There is no energy mechanism that allows for consciousness to continue once the body's natural power source is extinguished, and nor for memory to remain cohesive and intact, and to lend itself to maintaining a whole sentient entity.

You'd do better to stopping chasing rainbows.

Personally, I think for anyone to really truly do external as well as internal reserach on whether consciousness survives the body, I do not know how they could ever possibly make your pronouncements with such certainty. The truth is: you can't. I could just as easily tell you to stop chasing rainbows. I have left my body before. You weren't there. And it's my experience I'll believe.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

Those were heady volumes (I only read the 2nd one). I gotta read it again. For some reason I didn't enjoy it that much; maybe because it was so hard to assimilate. I really did love his material about the families of consciousness and counterparts. Aww, man. I'm having trouble keeping up with this thread!

You should have started with volume one - it's explains a lot of what you need to know/read before reading volume two!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

This post reminds me of the idea behind galdr-magic.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

To anyone newly joining, I highly recommend you read this post and the 7 or so posts after it. Excellent. I will respond to your comments shortly thebtheb. I'll be Bach...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
thebtheb:

I have left my body before.

No. You have not, and neither has anyone else! Consciousness cannot separate from the physical body, I don't care what you think happened, or what you think you have experienced, it just doesn't and cannot happen. You need to analyse the memory of your experience, and you will see it was nothing more than a lucid dream, which you have taken to be an 'out-of-body-experience' (OOBE).

The power source for awareness is the physical body, there's nothing else, no other reality to move into. It is just this for three score and ten years, and then it is nothing, the exact same nothing before you were conceived and born. There is nothing that can act as both power source and carrier for consciousness other than the physical body...there really isn't.

The physics and the energy mechanism required for consciousness to survive the death of the physical body are not there. If you know of such thing I'm all ears, tell me.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Good point, I also feel that as a society, we've become disconnected.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I think that bleed-throughs definitely apply to your situation and mine. I've always been good at writing and all things creative. LOL, I've also been horrible at being handy.

edit on bSun, 27 Oct 2013 23:22:48 -0500pm299America/Chicago10pmSunday27America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

I agree with ignoring the side-salad. However, I feel that in the excerpt that thebtheb gave, Butts's notes are on point with the material. Which is kinda rare. But, in general you do have a point.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

You're very welcome to your opinion. Obviously most people here would not agree with you.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Good point.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

elysiumfire
thebtheb:

I have left my body before.

No. You have not, and neither has anyone else! Consciousness cannot separate from the physical body, I don't care what you think happened, or what you think you have experienced, it just doesn't and cannot happen. You need to analyse the memory of your experience, and you will see it was nothing more than a lucid dream, which you have taken to be an 'out-of-body-experience' (OOBE).

The power source for awareness is the physical body, there's nothing else, no other reality to move into. It is just this for three score and ten years, and then it is nothing, the exact same nothing before you were conceived and born. There is nothing that can act as both power source and carrier for consciousness other than the physical body...there really isn't.

The physics and the energy mechanism required for consciousness to survive the death of the physical body are not there. If you know of such thing I'm all ears, tell me.

Saying, "I don't care what you think happened" really essentially means absolutely nothing and doesn't for an instant prove your point. All you're doing is stating your belief, with no proof nor evidence whatsoever. Personally I see a lot more evidence for consciousness surviving death than I do for the opposite.

And again, I'll be the judge of my experience. When someone floats up above their body, sees a cobweb on the top of a very high bookshelf, and upon return to their body, stands on a chair to see the top of the bookshelf, and indeed there was a cobweb there, I don't care what YOU say, there is something going on there.

I'm getting that you are emotionally invested, strongly invested in not believing in life after death. Fine, please be my guest. But then, why come to this thread and tell a bunch of people you KNOW believe otherwise that they're wrong, period, end of story.

And you say you're all ears for proof. I've been through this before. Nothing I could possibly offer up will measure up because you have clearly pre-decided. So I'll offer up nothing!

And no, I don't believe in this stuff because I "want" to or because it "comforts" me. I've just had too many personal experiences that validate it.

So anyway, happy trails.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

That makes more sense. At the time, I only had enough money to buy Volume 2. Not that I'm any richer now!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Interesting. So now you're calling someone who has had nothing but good to contribute to this thread a liar. I think that you should assume honesty and start from there.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join