It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody on this forum read up on Seth (of Jane Roberts fame)?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Octave

thebtheb

Octave
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

It appears in The Nature of Personal Reality

She actually did have an interest in new age thoughts and ideas and experimented with the Ouija board quite a lot. She was a poet and her writing style I found to be a bit flat unlike Seth whose writing style was more rounded and full of humor.

Her writing style felt to me at least more intellectual whereas Seth's felt more geared toward the man down the street. They were very, very different styles and personalities.

This is not true about her having had an interest or experimenting with the Ouija board before Seth. She was sitting down to write one day and had a very intense spiritual experience which she couldn't explain, and from it, decided to write a book where she would experiment with psychic/occult phenomena. One of these was the Ouija board, upon which she immediately ended up talking to Seth through it. Before this, she had no interest and knew nothing about any of it.

Your absolutely right, I double checked and her first psychic intuition experience occurred in 1963 and it was soon there after that she purchased her first Ouija board and made first contact with Seth and over time that became the Seth Material.

And she didn't purchase the Ouija board - she borrowed it from her landlady!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

That's an interesting tidbit of information. It even sounds historic the way you phrase it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I know Seth, but sadly haven't had time to listen or read anything. I have of course watched "The Secret" and delved into each of the teachers on there and found most of them to be lacking but a few...appear to be as enlightened or spiritual as anyone on earth. This research, of course, led me to Abraham and HIcks and then their experience with hearing Seth. This is where I first learned of Seth. Back to Hicks though, Her voice is so mesmerizing and hypnotic that I can't figure out if it effects the message or enhances it or if I'm better off just reading this stuff so as to render it simpler? And to take away the distractions both intentional and not. I do believe in God and therefore, I suppose anything is possible, but there are so many charlatans in the metaphysical and spiritual world that...it's just so hard to know what's true and what's not. I belief is that the true stuff is the simplest. One book I find, or feel to be true is the Celestine Prophecy. Remember that this is just my opinion and that my belief system isn't just based on a few metaphysical books I read, but on decades of experience in all things, life. I'm meandering away from the topic though. Sorry.
edit on 27-10-2013 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

Yes, I have read the Afterdeath Journal of William James. I found that James' analysis of the America of his day goes a long way to explain our America today. Do you know where I can find a copy of the book online?

My experience with Osho and Seth is the same as yours (i.e. reading slowly, stopping, thinking, rereading, thinking again, etc.)--but only with those two authors.

P.S. I am a "smith" too (not by profession but that is my last name).

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the time to post all that. It was a real treat to read. I have always had a strong feeling about sound and what possibilities it could have beyond just making music and "moving the soul." Seems from the very beginning of my childhood, I have had an ear for music. I was picking out my favorite childhood songs on the piano all by ear. I do have to wonder if vibration has a big part to do with it as well. Deaf and Blind people as well seem to get quite far just by vibration. Crescendo and soft...

I mentioned earlier that one of the things that stuck with me most from reading the Seth material was the "Time" aspect. It just all made perfect sense to me. Not blowing my horn, but I have been lucky enough to seem to be a natural at many things. Reading, Music, Sports, Art, Cooking, Gardening, etc. Just natural instincts on how to go about it. Lol though I will confess I am not the one you want to hand the hammer or screwdriver too! The things that come natural though, I feel I had just all ready learned at another time and place. I suppose these could be the bleed through Seth mentions.

I also seem to have a inner peace that things will always work out. Lose a job, get another, friend moves on, another seems to take their place. I always feel I am were I am suppose to be and I dont ever really worry about it.

Im glad someone mentioned Bashar, and also Abraham and Hicks. I suppose I could say that after reading Seth, nothing else ever quite measured up as far as me paying any attention to them. Bashar and Hicks though, they ring a familiar bell for me. Or, they seem to be on the same page, but in more simple terms. So yes, I do enjoy listening to them as well. Humor always helps make the wise medicine go down imho.

Im very happy to see this thread is picking up momentum.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

jeah its more an introduction the long video...

but on youtube there are bashar videos on SOOOOO much topics..its awesome..he changed my life in a positve way.

ANd i think its perfect for people who like seth.

But for the people wihout time..its already enough to understand this to change A FREAKIN LOT in your life...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

thedoctorswife
reply to post by kauskau

hey kauskau, how ya doing buddy. Nice to see you having a more positive response to your bashar info than you normally get,

Nice peeps on this thread.

hahaha.. greetings to you! i thought the same.
Nice vibe here.
NOrmally i am bashed for posting bashar stuff and i understand hat.
But still iam on the mission to share this great information with as much people as possible.
We as humans have a right to get at least the chance to know stuff like this (seth bashar, law of one, abraham hicks, nisargadatta, mooji etc) ...and of course resonance takes you to this information when you are ready...

have a nice day
edit on 27-10-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by johnquindell

Only two of us so far, I'm wondering if the William James book is rarer than most -- I use Abe books, but they hadn't a copy earlier this week.

Another interesting book which seems to agree with Seth's views, is "The Only Planet of Choice," which describes the activities and beliefs of a group of aliens which contacted an American medium in the seventies. Their message is clear, urgent and vital -- we are here to learn to balance the physical with the spiritual, so we should stop fighting amongst ourselves and grow up. (They put it better than I can.)

The book gives much information on the various types of alien life, and their differing levels of understanding and motivation -- it's a stunning read.
They mention Seth as a good source of information.

Best of luck with the book-hunt.

Many thanks thebtheb, for that rare bit of Seth - new to me, and very enjoyable. Since it goes in an unusual direction, perhaps it will help draw a differently focussed readership into the fold. I've always accepted the idea of alien life, so it was a great relief when Seth first confirmed their existence.

I find that sometimes I read the notes and background, but more often just the words of Seth. Although Jane and Robert's experiences add to the text,
there are times when I just want the meat. I mention this in case it helps new readers who may wish to ignore the "side-salad."

On the inside page of one of my Seth books is written :-
This book belongs to: Everybody.

I find that a useful reminder.
Warmest greetings to all Seth's friends here.

mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I hadn't heard of The Only Planet of Choice but will of course look at it. Thank you.

A question: What is your opinion of the Ra material (if you have gone through it)?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by johnquindell

I think it might be scarce, but I've read my copy three times so if you have any trouble finding it, I'll send you mine.
I don't want it mute on MY bookshelf!

Ra is new to me, and interesting. Preliminary shuftie encourages further exploration. Thanks.

I love what Benjamin Hoff found in Winnie the Pooh -- it's as deep as we are. And then some.

Eckhart Tolle on Youtube I find very accessible, I'm looking forward to finding one of his books. (Hint to cosmos). It's not just the CIA listening in you know...

On a topical note, there is much gratitude towards Seth in this thread.
He has taught us that thought with emotion behind it is the most powerful thing in the universe.
So -- all together now -- THANK YOU SETH !

I'm sure he'll hear that.

mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Octave
Yes watching her on video and reading the books is most definitely not the same. I would recommend those who have watched these videos to sit down and actually read Seth Speaks before going any further with just simply discounting her off as a fraud.

Trying to compare the books to the videos is like trying to describe colors to a blind person. Read the books.

Also I believe Jane Roberts had severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and that may have been one of the causes for her binge drinking.

But the books came from her husband transcribing her so called "channeling sessions" just like in the video.

So really the videos are where it is at. Since that's the real thing. That is where the books came from.

When you just read the books your not getting the entire experience, you don't hear nor see the supposed "channeling" So yea I agree comparing the books and the videos is like trying to describe colors to a blind person. The videos contain much more.

When you see and hear Jane Roberts actually "channeling" you get the full experience. Which imho is sadly quite laughable. You don't get that when your just reading the transcribed words on a page.

It's like looking at the sheet music to Song and reading the lyrics, instead of actually seeing a band perform the song. Which is more true sense of whether or not the band is good? Or reading a movie script compared to actually seeing the film.

I know those are poor examples as the point of the Seth books was to get information to people and not to sound pleasant, or look good. But for me personally, the videos (showing the actual channeling ) is the source of the books, so it must be taken into account and not discarded.

However if the books help you, or bring you happiness, more power to you. Not trying to tell anyone what to like or dislike. I've read a little of them myself and have found some useful insights from them as well. But do I believe a spirit is actually being channeled...? no. But that doesn't make the material in the books any less useful. Like I said if you enjoy the books and they make you happy, great.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Yeah, while I always did find Rob's notes interesting sometimes, other times they just got on my nerves. They can be very distracting and I always did question why they had to insert his notes in between all kinds of sections that were supposed to compose a chapter of a Seth book. Still, Seth said that Rob's contributions were very important.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

K, I hope you read the pages as well as post on them, so as long as you are getting an Okay reception here (even though it disrupts the topic) can you please put in one post a concise explanation of what your friend Basher can accomplish and what the core message of the data is - and also explain, if you would, the overlap on the Seth material which is, seriously, hard to match up to. I don't know if your guy does or not, does he?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

It's funny how each individual interprets things differently. I have always found the videos a major distraction and have only been able to absorb Seth's teachings through the written words.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I really enjoy Eckhart Tolle, too. I think that Seth would really appreciate that shoutout. And I know that he's listening...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Something that I meant to mention before but neglected to add was that I think the reason she was speaking slowly was so that he could transcribe it. I might be wrong. I don't know if anybody else has anything to add to that.

As far as not believing that it was channelled, that doesn't make a difference. I kind of remember that Jane and Robert also weren't dogmatic about that. The important thing is the material itself.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Oh, and did his notes get lengthy at times. They at times did add an interesting insight. However, the ones that annoyed me were the ongoing on and on about Three Mile Island and the Iranian Hostage crisis. It sounds bad, but I was crying, not about how tragic it was, but just like: Can we please get into the material...!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

To be fair, I did ask if there was anything as good as or better than Seth. I think it fits in. I like Bashar.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by Aleister

To be fair, I did ask if there was anything as good as or better than Seth. I think it fits in. I like Bashar.

Nice. I've never heard of Bashar, and was hoping his advocate could give a post-long explanation of who he is and what he does.

3EU5==(which spells "edit" in Goshorn) : I just listened to the Bashar tape in the post provided by K above, and he was really fun. I'd think that he and Seth could hang out for a beer and enjoy the evening. Now who is this guy? Does he channel something, or is that just his personality (the excitement guy)? Bashar made some very good points in that short youtube vid.
edit on 27-10-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I first came across the Seth Material back in the mid 70's, it fascinated me then, but now the only status it can hold is that it is pure hearsay, it has no validity or veracity, regardless of who or what is attributed to the material. At the time I was also reading Brunton, and his concept of the 'Overself', and the similarities were remarkable, although Brunton pre-dates the Seth material by 40 years or so.

Like religious treatises, the New Age movement borrows concepts from earlier ideas, but they are still man made.

There is no 'afterlife', no matter how hard we wish there to be. Consciousness cannot separate from the physical body and go wandering around to other physical locations, only our imagination can do that based on memory. Consciousness does not continue after physical death, it doesn't shift from one frequency range to another in order to relocate to a different reality. There is no energy mechanism that allows for consciousness to continue once the body's natural power source is extinguished, and nor for memory to remain cohesive and intact, and to lend itself to maintaining a whole sentient entity.

You'd do better to stopping chasing rainbows.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join