It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody on this forum read up on Seth (of Jane Roberts fame)?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I actually find the Ra material very interesting. I think that, for me, it has lead to an increased amount of understanding.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I actually find the Ra material very interesting. I think that, for me, it has lead to an increased amount of understanding.

my head is blown a bit but the spooky connection to the Egyptian Gods (Ra/Set). I read "Seth speaks" and loved it, and dabbled a bit in the other books, but have decided now to go back and read "seth speaks" again. Theres a piece in one of the books, (i wish i could remember which book it was, im using an apple pc at the moment and it jumps around and does what the hell it wants) about the creation of the universe and why "all that is" created it. Are you familiar with it? it was a little hard to understand, if so, what are your thoughts on it? thanks.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Oh, yeah. That's actually one of the best parts of the book if we're talking about the same thing. I like the part when he starts talking about that All That Is has other probable selves, himself. And then he says that we are going into topics where words are meaningless.

As far as the spooky Egyptian connection and Seth, I just think that Set is perhaps the energy that Seth resonates the most with. And Ra actually created the concept of Ra for the Egyptians from what I understand.

But I'm starting to get the impression that Seth was more distorted than the Ra material. Not because of any imperfection with the transmission, but just because of the time period of the channelling.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

Oh, yeah. That's actually one of the best parts of the book if we're talking about the same thing. I like the part when he starts talking about that All That Is has other probable selves, himself. And then he says that we are going into topics where words are meaningless.

As far as the spooky Egyptian connection and Seth, I just think that Set is perhaps the energy that Seth resonates the most with. And Ra actually created the concept of Ra for the Egyptians from what I understand.

But I'm starting to get the impression that Seth was more distorted than the Ra material. Not because of any imperfection with the transmission, but just because of the time period of the channelling.

I'm the opposite. I think the Ra material is slightly more distorted - just for my two cents!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Well, since you're putting together a reading list anyway, there is one more that I would suggest:

My Big TOE by Richard Campbell. He's a scientist so he tackles this from a slightly different perspective but the main message is very similar and he actually has a way of explaining some things that I find refreshing, unique and that resonates with me. Especially when he talks about the One Infinite Creator (Infinity itself) and why/how everything that is, came into being.

It's actually a series of 3 books, at least 2 of which are free to d/l. If you do a Google search you'll find it easily enough.

Happy reading...and good luck on your continued quest & continued path...
edit on 11/14/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Wow, free! I always want something free. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It's kind of hard to tell, but I think that I've read close to every part covered by the main topics of the Ra material. Wow... I am no less than fascinated, and my life is no less than changed. I still am impressed by Seth, thebtheb. Don't get me wrong.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I had a look at the Ra material again yesterday, since you were enjoying it, and I read about UFO's and Pyramids. Nothing was seriously at odds with my present understanding, and there was much information there.

Perhaps it's because I've been reading Seth for 10 years or so that he seems much "friendlier" - as if he is walking alongside me, pointing up at the heavens, whereas the Ra material seems to come down from on high, given by a disinterested entity.
Seth has an interest in my progress because we are all part of the One, and he shares my benefit. I don't get that feeling from the Ra source, though from Bashar it came through immediately.

So for me, the test of the accuracy of the information, is less important than the intent behind it -- and I test that with my intuition.
Whatever that is ...

There is, in "The Only Planet of Choice" much emphasis placed on the power of thought which is not so clearly dealt with in Seth (IMO), and I wonder if anyone has encountered the subject.

Essentially, the idea is that our thoughts have great power and reality within their own dimension, and they radiate out into space, where they
nourish any entity that can assimilate them. Our negative thoughts feed the negative entities of the cosmos, and our positive thoughts feed the positive.
The book stresses the need for balance, and hence the importance of reasserting the positive at this time.
I'd be interested to hear if this idea occurs in Bashar's material, or the Ra, or anywhere else for that matter.

mistersmith.

Dyslexics Untie !

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
It's kind of hard to tell, but I think that I've read close to every part covered by the main topics of the Ra material. Wow... I am no less than fascinated, and my life is no less than changed. I still am impressed by Seth, thebtheb. Don't get me wrong.

Oh I know, I was just putting that bit in for discussion. I've read more of the Ra material last night. And I find it interesting, but truthfully, I'm not sure what to make of some of it. I'll continue reading, but like Seth, slowly!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

mistersmith

I had a look at the Ra material again yesterday, since you were enjoying it, and I read about UFO's and Pyramids. Nothing was seriously at odds with my present understanding, and there was much information there.

Perhaps it's because I've been reading Seth for 10 years or so that he seems much "friendlier" - as if he is walking alongside me, pointing up at the heavens, whereas the Ra material seems to come down from on high, given by a disinterested entity.
Seth has an interest in my progress because we are all part of the One, and he shares my benefit. I don't get that feeling from the Ra source, though from Bashar it came through immediately.

So for me, the test of the accuracy of the information, is less important than the intent behind it -- and I test that with my intuition.
Whatever that is ...

There is, in "The Only Planet of Choice" much emphasis placed on the power of thought which is not so clearly dealt with in Seth (IMO), and I wonder if anyone has encountered the subject.

Essentially, the idea is that our thoughts have great power and reality within their own dimension, and they radiate out into space, where they
nourish any entity that can assimilate them. Our negative thoughts feed the negative entities of the cosmos, and our positive thoughts feed the positive.
The book stresses the need for balance, and hence the importance of reasserting the positive at this time.
I'd be interested to hear if this idea occurs in Bashar's material, or the Ra, or anywhere else for that matter.

mistersmith.

Dyslexics Untie !

I agree about Ra sounding more clinical and Seth sounding more like a friend. I also sense that Seth has a more open view of things, while Ra is concerned with extremely specific things.

Seth did talk about the power of thought a lot, I thought anyway. He mentions that entities in other realities feed on our thoughts, or experience them, and he mentioned that our thoughts radiate out of us into the universe. He also said, "Your slightest thought can seed a universe," or something like that along those lines.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

I actually have a theory behind the discrepancies of both materials -- I've been thinking about this a lot, it's been concerning me. The reason it concerns me is because Seth's information seems more ethereal in tone, and yet it was written earlier. Since Seth was written before it should be the opposite. However, I think I've discovered the key to why that is.

I think that the reason that the Seth material is less concrete sounding than the Ra material is because Seth is delivering his message from the inner planes as Ra would call it, and conversely, Ra exists in a quasi-physical state, in other words incarnated, but on a higher dimension. I think that the fact that the Ra material is still delivered from the physical plane explains why the emphasis and acceptance of self-serving ones, evolution and certain borrowings of human and religious thought (ex., energy centers or chakras); all physical musings. That's my theory. I thinked I've cracked the nut. And I'm not surprised that I was able to because the Ra material is all I've been doing and reading these past few days.
Haha.
edit on bSat, 16 Nov 2013 01:01:48 -0600am319America/Chicago11amSaturday16America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

To be honest with you, some of the concepts are not intuitive enough and can be somewhat pedantic (see previous post). For example, the cosmology main topic takes a lot of concentration and demands that you be in the right mood to take it in if you're used to simple concepts. That is, the Ra material (I forgot to introduce the fact that I'm not talking about the Seth material).

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

As far as the power of thoughts I've seen it mentioned by Seth more often, and as far as the negative entity situation you talk about, that is something that Ra alludes to. The book that you're mentioning, is that the one that Riffrafter said was a free download? I can open another tab to look, but I'm lazy right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I actually didn't get that turned off by Ra's specificity. Some of it is kind of annoying, but some of it is like wow, that exactly answers my question. I like specificity when it answers something that you may have been curious about or even a historical personage that you might have thought was interesting. I kind of feel like the specificity allows a lot to be covered; I realize that that sounds paradoxical.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I actually have a theory behind the discrepancies of both materials -- I've been thinking about this a lot, it's been concerning me. The reason it concerns me is because Seth's information seems more ethereal in tone, and yet it was written earlier. Since Seth was written before it should be the opposite. However, I think I've discovered the key to why that is.

I think that the reason that the Seth material is less concrete sounding than the Ra material is because Seth is delivering his message from the inner planes as Ra would call it, and conversely, Ra exists in a quasi-physical state, in other words incarnated, but on a higher dimension. I think that the fact that the Ra material is still delivered from the physical plane explains why the emphasis and acceptance of self-serving ones, evolution and certain borrowings of human and religious thought (ex., energy centers or chakras); all physical musings. That's my theory. I thinked I've cracked the nut. And I'm not surprised that I was able to because the Ra material is all I've been doing and reading these past few days.
Haha.
edit on bSat, 16 Nov 2013 01:01:48 -0600am319America/Chicago11amSaturday16America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

Seth validated the chakras - once that I'm aware of. Paraphrasing, he said, "there are indeed such energy centers..." and that's all I remember. I think there may been something along the lines of, "But..." after that section, like he wasn't too concerned with them.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

As far as the power of thoughts I've seen it mentioned by Seth more often, and as far as the negative entity situation you talk about, that is something that Ra alludes to. The book that you're mentioning, is that the one that Riffrafter said was a free download? I can open another tab to look, but I'm lazy right now.

That's another difference with Seth. He basically said there were no negative spirits, or evil entities or whatever, stating that only if you believed in such concepts would you experience them. I've never quite reconciled that with the fact that Jane experienced that blob in the astral state that tried to attack her. Seth explained that the blob was created by Jane herself, in her attempt to cast off all her negativity by creating it into a blob that she was to destroy, so naturally the blob felt threatened and angry at Jane who created it just to destroy it. But all in all, it didn't sound like a nice existence for that blob!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I actually didn't get that turned off by Ra's specificity. Some of it is kind of annoying, but some of it is like wow, that exactly answers my question. I like specificity when it answers something that you may have been curious about or even a historical personage that you might have thought was interesting. I kind of feel like the specificity allows a lot to be covered; I realize that that sounds paradoxical.

Yes, and conversely, I've sometimes been annoyed by Seth's lack of specificity. But then, one of the reasons I think Seth lacked it is because he didn't want to give us the wrong idea, and was always reminding us that all is perception and belief. So it's very well to tell us something about when something happened, but Seth would kind of poo-poo time concepts, reminding us that not only is time meaningless, but what we're asking happened a thousand different ways. He was always pulling us to see the larger picture.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Correction: It's Dr.Tom Campbell that wrote My Big TOE. Not sure where the "Richard" came from....

Also, there are a series of videos that cover his work:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Seth tended to do stuff like that. haha. He was a real rebel.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

But the funny thing is that even when Ra mentions negativity, he masterfully turns it around and states that that type of polarity (negative/positive) is not as important or valid in the higher densities. He further implies that polarities become increasingly more and more abstract the higher up you go. I found that to really build on top of the Seth material.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join