It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dual Typhoons To Hit Japan - Radioactive Pacific

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Just found this posted on www.spaceweather.com
Did a search and found nothing as of yet.

enenews.com... eraction-with-typhoon-lekima-now-a-category-5-v
Radioactive typhoons? This is just getting worse for japan and STILL nothing is done.

This is a horrible situation for EVERYONE on planet earth, and nobody in power seems to care.

Positive thoughts to Japan and her wonderfull people.
edit on 24-10-2013 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Would you maybe happen to have a link to the source for this story?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

NHK News Flash, Oct. 23, 2013: The operator of the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant is racing to secure storage space for tainted rainwater as another typhoon bears down on the Japanese archipelago

enenews.com...

Are they kidding? How much more radioactive water exists at fukushima? Answer - way more than anyone realizes and they just keep "leaking" it into the ocean. That's the only way to get rid of the voluminous amount of radioactive water that they are pretending to control.
edit on 23-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Maybe this will help.

Text Typhoon Francisco is expected to weaken but will likely bring an increase in surf, rip currents, heavy rain, and gusty winds to Japan by the end of the week.

earthsky.org...

I can't find anything on the other one but as this article says - it's an active season. What a stupid place to build a nuclear power plant.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

The Fujiwara effect. That's intense.

Mother nature is pissed!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Thanks for the link. Perhaps I missed the OP's point. I somehow got the idea that radioactive typhoons were bearing down on Japan. This seems like an off the cuff rant I guess. I'm going to sit back and see how it unfolds, maybe I missed something.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I somehow got the idea that radioactive typhoons were bearing down on Japan.

Omg - thanks for the laugh....I guess the typhoons could technically become radioactive after they pass over.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
check the videos out this guy made seems to be very sharp with his stuff,and it has a strange thing happening in the storms heading for japan,he thinks a plasma burst check it out he also does earthquake www.youtube.com/dutchsinse

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I believe the primary concern here is rainfall overwhelming the containment system which is already nearly overwhelmed and leaking radioactive water into the sea.......
The secondary concern is of course the storm damage which high winds and high seas can wreak upon Fukishima.
Now all we need is a mag 7 0r better shaker at the height of the stroms fury....and maybe Mt Fuji to blow too....
Im so sorry Japan.........
PS Dutch since is Sorcha Fell in drag...........

edit on 24-10-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Seems like Lekima will miss Japan, but the weather changes

Weather Underground

And of course, Francisco Maybe it's me, but it doesn't seem as bad as all that. Once again, who ever knows what the weather is gonna do right?

edit on 24-10-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

minkmouse
reply to post by Maluhia

Thanks for the link. Perhaps I missed the OP's point. I somehow got the idea that radioactive typhoons were bearing down on Japan. This seems like an off the cuff rant I guess. I'm going to sit back and see how it unfolds, maybe I missed something.

well actually they are. the storms are pushing water in front of them and bringing water that is contaminated back in the storm surge that will roll over the beaches. how far inland it goes depends on the strength of the storm and and how high it will be.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
We need more SHARKS in those typhoons! Radioactive Sharkophoons!

Sorry, I'm overwhelmed with bad news right now. Bad humor comes to my rescue, I guess...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Japan’s Fukushima nuclear power plant is bracing itself for Typhoon Francisco, set to hit the country this weekend, by quickly securing new storage space for contaminated rainwater that has already taken up the facility’s entire storage tank capacity.

The plant’s operator, Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), has been struggling to keep radiation under control ever since the nuclear disaster that took place March 11, 2011, when three of the plant’s reactors were hit by a tsunami, which was triggered by an underground earthquake off the coast of Fukushima. The damaged power plant has been accumulating radioactive water since, but TEPCO is running out of space quickly.

This October 23, 2013, NASA satellite image shows Typhoon Francisco in the Pacific Ocean. (AFP Photo / NASA)This October 23, 2013, NASA satellite image shows Typhoon Francisco in the Pacific Ocean. (AFP Photo / NASA)

To avert a new disaster triggered by the typhoon, TEPCO proposes to move the contaminated water into underground storage pools previously deemed unsafe because of leaks, Japan’s NHK reported Thursday. There seems to be no alternative, as the typhoon is fast approaching.

The three underground pools proposed for storage have a total capacity of 9,000 tons. TEPCO stopped using similar models in April, after the discovery of leaks.

On Wednesday TEPCO said it found 140,000 becquerels of Beta radiation in a ditch at the power plant – double the figure of the previous day. TEPCO says this water is now being transferred to a storage tank.

The typhoon emergency measures come at a particularly anxious time for Fukushima, where workers are preparing for their most dangerous cleanup operation yet, which is slated for November. The operator will attempt to remove 400 tons of spent fuel from Reactor No. 4.

The need for the November operation is increasingly urgent, even critical: any light tremor – let alone a full-on earthquake – could trigger a series of catastrophic leaks, possiblesulting in the world’s most severe radiological disaster yet.y r

rt.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie

minkmouse
reply to post by Maluhia

well actually they are. the storms are pushing water in front of them and bringing water that is contaminated back in the storm surge that will roll over the beaches. how far inland it goes depends on the strength of the storm and and how high it will be.

So that means mother nature is pushing Japan's own radioactive water back to them.almost like shes "sweeping" the dirty water back to where it came from. How ironic? ....

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
When I read some of this stuff a big question mark lingers over my head. Is this the first typhoon ever for these guys? To hear how they respond one would think so. No real plans, and panic each time. Do they seriously not plan for these things - even now?

TextTo avert a new disaster triggered by the typhoon, TEPCO proposes to move the contaminated water into underground storage pools previously deemed unsafe because of leaks, Japan’s NHK reported Thursday. There seems to be no alternative, as the typhoon is fast approaching.

rt.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
did i mistakenly read that lekima is now a cat 5 ? TEPCO is in a bit of a panic. radiation levels have been spiking again.... as of today.

enenews.com...

the incoming typhoons will be a mess. they didn't even handle the last, somewhat mild one, that happened a couple of weeks ago. it doesn't look good.

new topics

top topics

join