It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backing Bush has won you nothing, Chirac tells Britain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
IMHO, I think that the fact that we liberated his country during his lifetime, and helped Blairs country to not speak German, that the favor was actually owed us. I think that Chirac and his whole country "Cheese eating surrender monkies" should just keep quiet.

What an lucid thought.

If you read your history you would know that the Russians gave more to the effort in WW2 than the US. So, who do they owe? As for your monkey comment, we don't need that type of post here.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Why can't you all understand that this is a big joke! The master plan is the NWO and everything is planned! All the world is in one hand, fights between countries is nothing compare the big plan! Don't you see it!
Youhoooo.......
No country is better than another!!!!!!!!!
Everything is corrupted!!!!!!! Do you understand that guys! I'm sick of your little fight over a small piece of the puzzle.
Chirac, Bush, Blair and all the other must have a big laugh at you guys if they read that.
Or worst, "the world elite" the masters of the puppets, they must piss in thei underware because they laugh so much that you beleive all that crap and you say you fight ignorance!

Chaos comes from little fights for stupid things....like "my president is better than yours haha" "I'm a conservatist, I'm much better that you..." and so on.....do you need more examples?

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

If you read your history you would know that the Russians gave more to the effort in WW2 than the US. So, who do they owe? As for your monkey comment, we don't need that type of post here.

You are correct about the Russian effort. However the efforts of the US cannot be completely overlooked either.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Don't forget that Saddam launched an Exorcet against the USS Shefield before Gulf I.

Amelia, you are right NWO is at work here. I hate politics too. One gov did serve its citizens Greek, but it sorta died out a couple thousand years ago.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude

You are correct about the Russian effort. However the efforts of the US cannot be completely overlooked either.

One thing to keep in mind, When the Germans started Barbarossa, the Russians didnt have squat and we sent them military equipment for the better part os 2 years. Plus we opened the African and Italian fronts to take the heat of the russians, moscow almost fell remember.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
you know we did actually take part in the war BTW.
what has this war got us though?
the respect of the US which we already should have had.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
intrepid said:

" If you read your history you would know that the Russians gave more to the effort in WW2 than the US. So, who do they owe? As for your monkey comment, we don't need that type of post here. "

Well, we also don't need moderators who have little grasp of said history.

If you define giving more to the effort as how many soldiers/civilians were killed defending their country, then I agree. But you fail to understand that Russia did not give anything to the world during the war, they simply fought for their lives, then carved up eastern europe.

Perhaps you applaud their actions in Poland in collusion w/ the Nazis as well before the Nazis turned on them?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Backing Bush has won you nothing, Chirac tells Britain

And he was right. What have the British managed to accomplish so far? Nothing apart from successful elections in Iraq that have been conducted by the British together with the Americans.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
And he was right. What have the British managed to accomplish so far?

Make arses out of ourselves and show ourselves how our intel cant be trsuted.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Lapdog is a relative term, isn't it? I mean, if Blair is Bush's "lapdog", would that be liking saying that Chirac is Saddam's "lapdog"? Wouldn't that make Germany and Russia Saddam's "lapdog's," also?

Nuff' said.

seekerof

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Seekerof]

Or the US Saddam's lapdog? US companies were involved in the oil for food scandal. Halliburton illegally traded with Iraq for years. I think it's disingenious not to hold all countries involved culpable. I don't think it's fair to just pick and choose which ones of the guilty you want to persecute, then try to use it as a moral argument.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
As Galloway aptly terms it, the oil-for-food "scandal" is the the mother of all smoke screens

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think it's Chirac self projecting personally..

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

However the efforts of the US cannot be completely overlooked either.

Well, if your a Canadian who gets off on anti-americanism, it's all to easy to overlook...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
That sounds like a weasel. Were he to gain something by supporting a war on those who are targeting innocents, he might participate.

As much as I'm not a Bush fan, I'd much rather have him than a slime like Chirac.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
One thing to keep in mind, When the Germans started Barbarossa, the Russians didnt have squat

- This is simply not so ed, as the vast amounts of captured Soviet kit the Germans took amply testifies.

They had plenty and they clearly had sufficient to withstand and replace their vast losses.

(and lets not forget the effects of the enormous and growing output of the moved war factories by late 1941)

and we sent them military equipment for the better part os 2 years.

- The trucks in particular were very handy for them later but they hardly 'saved' Russia.

Plus we opened the African and Italian fronts to take the heat of the russians

- Not so.
It was Britain that 'opened the African front', fighting in Africa (and actually beating Rommel) long before the US became involved, the US in Africa simply brought things to a much quicker resolution.

As for Italy?
That wasn't much help to Russia.
Kesselring made sure the advance was as slow as possible as cheaply as possible from the German point of view.

moscow almost fell remember.

- This is a total myth.
German troops got within 20 - 40km of Moscow utterly exhausted and in absolutely no condition to press on any further. As indeed was evident by their inability to.
They had 'shot their bolt' and failed.

Once the Russians counter-attacked there was never going to be a fall of Moscow.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join