It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare in Connecticut USA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ok, I had a long bay at work as a work for a Insurance company that deals with baby boomers and retires.

At first they said it would lower cost and not effect at all people on Medicare...it is not true.

I am going to keep this short tonight as I am very busy as it is open enrollment for medicare policy s.

First off for the under 65 in this state (as we pay the forth highest rates in the country) it will all go to pot in 189 days as it will in other states.

I know a lot of top C.E.O.s in the major Ins. Co. in this state and this is how it is going to go down!

People that sign up with Obamacare are mostly the people with major pre-existing conditions.

to back up any one in a business is graented issue of insurance, but not as a single person such as a 1099,
in our state to fix this should just allow insurance to any no matter what heath conditions they have...yes ...premiums would would go up , I would say like %15 ok. Then it is done.

But under this plan you now have major employers dumping group heath plans some will get their heath plans without major heath conditions,

But know here is the catch all the people with major heath problems buy Obamacare so in three months the companies are paying out more claims then what they taking in premium so they increase the rates, but also effect all other people not under Obamacare.

Predictions are any were from %20 to %50 .... the rate in anticipation months ago before this has gone into effect have all ready as roused by %20.

Ok like I said I am beat ...I just want to get this info out there!

Know the people on Medicare that were not supposed to be effected....we have in this state medicare suplements that any person con can get with no pre exsisting conditions.

In our stat we have what we call MS 0 premium plans. what that is a plan for anybody on medicare to pay nothing.
The plan is great with people with low income, but higher deductibles than other payed plans but better than just medicare.

Why is it 0 premium? Cause the US Government pays to these companies to insure this people with low income and it has worked pretty good in the past.

But Guess what! Those Companies in Ct. have been told you are gonna get less money!

One Insurence pulled out of the state leaving people to find other Insurance companies . Blue/Cross in New haven county dropped all insured .
United Heath care announced they are roping 2,500 doctors from there plan as of Jan. 1 st 2014...these plans for the seniors are HMO'S and PPO's you can only see doctors in the net work and once you take these plans they are stuck for a year and can not change , where a Med. Supp. Plan they can change any time , These plans are as low as $68.00 a month....but some people can not afford that.

SO the bottom line is Obamma care is not going to work at the same time I feel with my 22 years in the business going to cost lives!

I friend that knows stuff ,best way to put it told me that were in some top companies dealing the countries finances that after 6 months and the it all falls down our government will put in Socialized Medicine! Look how great that worked out in Canada and other countries...oh you need a liver transplant, well that will be like 3 years or longer,,,but I will be dead by than...?

Well Come to America!

Sorry again ,I am tired and I am working crazy hours to help people , some times I make a little money and some times not, But I am old school and ethical and that what it is all about.

And to the ATSERS that say what are you doing to change this?

What little spare time I am calling my states preps sending letters and making phone calls .

To me I am 60 on Sunday I have had 4 family members in W2 ...2 in Korea and many of my friends in Vietnam and what you hear their benefits have already have been affected.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I would like to thank you for your input. There's probably more truth to what you have said than anything out in the media. Hope you have a happy birthday!

Pladuim

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It appears that civilization has stepped on the fast track to self-destruct.
Our planet has been poisoned by 'technology...
Our food supply has been poisoned.
Our atmosphere has been poisoned.
Species are dieing; the ocean is dieing.WE are dieing.
If the 'survival instinct' is half as strong as the scientific minds say it is, Mother Earth will survive....
She will rid Herself of the parasites that are ravaging her.
Knowledge has a price, and man MUST pay the price for misusing his knowledge.
I think, deep inside, all of us know it's already too late to un-ring the bell.
Hopefully, a greater power than man will be in charge in our next life....
Nugget

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Don't know if I agree with you or not, but...

Just a suggestion, go back and edit your post. There's a few spelling errors that damage the crux of your post.

Hey...you're beat! No harm, no foul.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

ctdannyd
Just a suggestion, go back and edit your post. There's a few spelling errors that damage the crux of your post.

This is really the crux of it...

People that sign up with Obamacare are mostly the people with major pre-existing conditions.

Maybe Obama could expand his wonderful insurance scheme to other ares of life.
*Your house burned down last week? No problem, buy some ObamaHomeInsurance today.
*Your car got stolen last month? No problem, buy some ObamaCarInsurance today.
*Your husband died a few days ago? No problem, buy some ObamaLifeInsurance today.
*You found out last week you have cancer. No problem, buy some ObamaHealthInsurance today.

oh wait... he's already doing the last one.

How can anyone not see this is not finacially viable? As the OP says, the companies are just going to dump customers and get out of that industry.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yes, the "uninsurable" will now not be denied insurance, and the high costs have to be covered. The healthy people will take the minimal penalty for the first year or two. Insurance will skyrocket.

The system will collapse.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

tinker9917
Yes, the "uninsurable" will now not be denied insurance, and the high costs have to be covered. The healthy people will take the minimal penalty for the first year or two. Insurance will skyrocket.

The system will collapse.

Possibly that is exactly what is needed in order to rebuild it?

Good post OP and nice to hear firsthand knowledge from someone in the business.

new topics

top topics

join