It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindest respects (when Rodinus and Cody met) With pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hi guys

Kindest respects...........How many times have we read that sign off ? A member many of us know and enjoy reading. Well a strange thing happened on my What did members look like as teenagers thread

As some of you know Rodinus invited Mrs C andI over to meet his family and stay in his slum for a few days
In my members as teenagers thread (insert link)

Well, after much umming and ahhing we decided to bite the bullet and go visit France for a weekend

It was the most fun I've had in ages and owe Rod, Mrs R and Rod junior a debt of gratitude

Following is snippets of emails passed back and forth culminating in conjunction with Rod

a pictorial diary of our time spent together.

Cody
Hi Rod

Great to talk to you at last.
We were thinking of coming over 2nd August and flying home 5 August if that's OK ?

Cody
OK I'll get it sorted as soon as I get my refund for my dragon in law's cancelled flight.
Apparently I'm a telepath and should know that 3 weeks means 3weeks of holiday and a week of other stuff
Mrs C's just trying to sort out visa arrangements (bloody South Africans)
As soon as all is in place I'll let you know

Rod
Bloody foreigners... and not to mention out-laws!
Round em up in a field and shoot shoot em all!

Cody
Same website - different page - direct quote
You wish to go to France for a friend visit and will stay no longer than 90 days. You must provide an invitation letter explaining the reason of your trip to France. For accommodation, you must provide either a hotel booking or the lodging certificate (Attestation d'Accueil) obtained by the person you are visiting in France from their local Townhall ('Mairie').
£$%^$*$%^&($^(^^&*(^^$%^$£&%^*%( women

Cody
Not exactly a walk in the fecking park being married to a foreigner is it ?
Once we have your invite with your full name, street address, city or town, and post code
We can make the appointment to ask for the visa.
And present the coup de grace the Attestation d’ Accueil
After that if you could just whip up a power station out of dog biscuits and we might just be on our way .
Sorry to be such a pain in the bum mate

Rod
Just been down to the local mairie (town hall)...
I need a copy of MrsC's (formerly ****) Fnarr fnarrrr... passport, might be an idea to send me yours too just to be on the safe side. (and also to make sure you are not a member of Mossad hahahaha)... * reminds myself to shave my beard off on Cody checklist*... takes me 15 days to have at least one hair on my upper lip!
If you can send this tonight, i can get it sent off tomorrow morning (Oh my this is going to cost me 30€ (taxing Gvt again!!!) so better get a decent bottle of Scotch brought over my friend!)) (and a couple of straws... and why not Alka Seltzers at the same time!!!)))... Oh bloody hell, Mrs R does not drink! Luckily i (we) do to save the face of humanity in case of a SHTF scenario!

Rod
I should be able to get all of this out this morning, the town hall are also asking for proof of my residence and my passport too (bloody hell, been in this village for over 14 years and they need proof that i live here!)... but thats the red tape system over here, the civil service are quite finnicky.
I will tell the counsellers of your attire for the day of travel so that the loony police and bottom inspectors (remember Viz) know who you are and can single you both out for a very thourough search (Pink Mobalpa vinyl dishwashing gloves n all!)

Cody
I'm wearing my pink thong backwards and will be wearing my leather undies with studs on the inside on day of travel if they need to know that as well
Mrs C is undecided about the day of travel but currently wearing a gimp mask and a piece of soggy parsely

Well what can I say ?
After the red tape was cut and the officials bribed we finally landed in France and met

Now to Rod

Cody

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
'Sounds like a fun trip! And, what a pair you and Rodinus are.

Now, don't forget to wash out that underwear or at least turn it back outside-in if you want to wear it again.

Love,

Mum

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I'll send it to you mum

Please return immediately I have an appointment tomorrow

Prodigal son

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hang on a sec guys

I'll just tazer Rod see if he's still awake

ROD

Cody

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Twas a harrowing experience to say the least... Ate us out of house and home and raided my wine cellar...

But little did he know that i had tapped his room to find out if he really was a Mossad agent or NSA geek... (the audio tapes will be on Youtube shortly)...

All that Red tape to come and join us for a weekend of wining and dining at the Rodinus residence over here in the Loire Valley... A darned nightmare... If Cody? Mrs Cody and myself were not listed away in some secret file somewhere beforehand... we sure are now!

Please find a picture of my humble demeure below :

Erm... i really must stop exaggerating... here is a more realistic picture of our squalid dump :

In all honesty, you can find a pic of my place in one of my posts somewhere.

As you can all see from the picture that Cody posted, Cody still has his trouser zip down after spending a terrible half an hour with the customs and excise dept and the bottom inspectors to make sure that he did not have red marks on his knees from to much ATSing whilst sitting on the loo in the plane. Cody is the good looking guy on the right with the famous T shirt by the way.

To be quite honest with you folks, it was probably a harrowing experience for the both of us meeting up for the first time at the airport... Having never seen each other and only corresponding by either U2U, in a couple of threads, and if my poor old tertiary stage Alzheimer brain correctly remembers at least twice by telephone.

The emotion felt by both of us was pretty strong, and i think i was trembling as much in emotion as Cody was... you could have given us a cocktail in each hand and it would have been shaken and served within 2 seconds!

The other equally strong emotion was also meeting Mrs C for the very first time... It's always easy to meet up with someone who shares roughly the same ideas on a forum such as the one we are both proud members of, but to meet up with the spouse of that person, not knowing if she thinks that you are an utter barmpot, serial killer or whatever else just freaked me out completely!

However, if you notice in the 1st picture of Cody, Mrs C did not arrive until about 5 hours afterwards because Cody refused to pay for her airfare and the poor thing ended up having to leave the UK 2 days earlier to swim the channel and get here on time..), So she was too knackered to say anything anyway, but still had the energy to put on a nice cup of tea for us all when she got to our place dripping wet and looking like a shrivelled prune... J

However... all of these strong emotions were easily dowsed when we took the car and drove back to our place for a comforting welcome drink and a wonderful evening meal that i am sure that Cody will never forget (I don't think my toilet will ever forget either)

Over to you mate...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 21-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Blumming heck Cody, give me a sec, i was washing the dishes, chasing the cat, fixing the coffee machine etc etc etc...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I remember the meal well

I also remember the abode

Cody

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hurry up and get to the part about the gerbils!!!!
Gawsh already!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

It's coming littled

With red champagne no less

Cody

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

What Cody ommitted to say was that i spent all night cooking (what i thought would be a wonderful meal)...

And for the first time in my 26 years over here in France decided to offer them a typical French dish as a starter... this :

However, i must admit that i maybe added a little bit too much butter!

Cody, i would like to take this occasion in offing my hat to you for the discrete way that you honked up those snails into our bog... a real gentleman... as you came back and still finished off the rest of the meal.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

The gerbils will be coming Littled, but maybe not tonight.... going to keep you waiting... Bwahahahahahaha

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thank you my friend

I thought you hadn't noticed my discreet departure.

There was no need to to put the camera in there mate

Cody

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I also had audio tapping in there too

Here is another one of our tame pics when Cody and Mrs C arrived at our house the same day :

For those who cannot see clearly, the card that is being held was used in the airport so that Cody could easily recognise me, on it was written the following : the ATS official Ardvaark in leopardskin leotard appreciation society.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

And the evening relaxed meal

Good weather spent with friends

I see I got to be umbrella man

Cody

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Notice as Cody adds extra ingredients to the meat with the strange contraption hanging from his lips.

And piddle it down it did... cats, dogs, pigs, monkeys and giraffes... erm... and pink gerbils and Ardvaarks in leopardskin leotards.... (but thats for later in the thread)...

Bt the way Cody, i have now fitted a lamp over the BBQ for next summer

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Rodinus
reply to post by cody599

Notice as Cody adds extra ingredients to the meat with the strange contraption hanging from his lips.

And piddle it down it did... cats, dogs, pigs, monkeys and giraffes... erm... and pink gerbils and Ardvaarks in leopardskin leotards.... (but thats for later in the thread)...

Bt the way Cody, i have now fitted a lamp over the BBQ for next summer

Kindest respects

Rod

You nicked my torch

And my string

You know that was all important , I have an idea

Don't peer too close

Cody

edit on 21/10/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yes, but then again, you never did thank me for purchasing that extra set of shackles so that we could chain Mrs C to the cooker next to Mrs R... what a lovely sight they made didn't they?

I wanted to google an image to put here of ladies chained but unfortunately non of ladies chained to kitchen sinks... and i do so respect the T and Cs, so i will let everyone use their imagination.

Cody and I have deliberately chosen not to show pictures our our darling other halves out of respect to them both... (plus they were not looking their best after a couple of days, cooking, washing the dishes and general housekeeping)

On this parting post of the day i leave you all now for a good nights beauty sleep... i will be back tomorrow to continue contributing with Cody to this thread... and also let you into a few secrets about Cody... but *puts finger to lips*... Shhhhhhhhh i didn't just say that!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 21-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Sweet dreams Rod

Snails on your pillows

Cody

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
OMG!!! That was sssooooooo cute!!

Thats how its supposed to be, people on ATS have been talking about having a get together for years, hopefully one day we will all have one, cause I will be there.

Thanks for sharing this, it made my day

Peace,. NRE.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Rod, if I ever visit, you won't make me eat snails will you???? LOL

What a great thread! You guys sound like you had a ball!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join