It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ongoing refund crap from Apple!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Last year I bought a new iPhone 5 and as my wife has the iPhone 4 and I have an iPad, I thought I might need more storage with the ICloud that gives 10gb storage instead of the free 5gb on offer.
As I didn't use the full the amount after paying £14 for this, this year I went for the free version.
It says you can stop this and go for the free one but nowhere is there an option to do this.
I made sure the free version was all ticked and thought nothing of it.
On 23rd of last month they took £14 from my account for the 10gb even though it was clearly marked it was free on the 5gb.
That same day, I got Apple to call me and was assured a refund was on its way and the 10gb storage was cancelled.
Following week it still wasn't in my bank so I again phoned them to ask why.
Person who answered apologised and said he would look into it and this time it was sorted.
Next week I again called and brainless wonder who answered said it would take 6-8 weeks for a refund! I queried this and he had no answer but said it was on its way again and not to worry.
Cut a long story short, I again got them to call me last Wednesday about this and he swore blind it was ok but previous people had not done it right for some reason!
Today, I again was talking to them and they said it was not sorted until last call for some reason and this time it was categorically sorted and they would give me a call back this coming Wednesday!
I told them I would take them to the small claims court to sort this and claim inconvenience I have suffered. He stuttered when I mentioned this to them.
Must say it was the American Apple representatives I have spoken to and they said the refund was coming from the States as if it would make any difference.
When i spoke to them today, they cut me off twice which just angered me.
They were quick enough to take the money from me but to give it back is beyond a joke!
He said it was the storage was only cancelled last Wednesday so why hit me with the crap on previous 3 calls I made to them!
I await with bated breath to get this refund from them. It's not a huge amount but better in my pocket than theirs.
I have never been treated so badly by such a huge company as Apple and am disappointed in the way I have been treated by Apple.
Anyone else had the same experience from them?
edit on 21-10-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

edit on 21-10-2013 by IncognitoGhostman because: Redacted

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Watch this space lol

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

I stay away from Apple. There are a lot of big corporations that don't care if you live or die. I just don't like the cynical way Apple pretends they "love you long time" and then treat you like their worst enemy after you buy their overpriced junk.

Little consolation to you, I realize....

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I find this to be true of most tech companies.

They go as far as they can to get you to buy their stuff, but the moment you do you immediately become the enemy.

They will do everything they possibly can do to make sure they are never held accountable to you as a customer.

If their equipment fails they will grill you about it and do their best to blame it on you.

Apple is just part of that trend. Dell does it, Samsung does it...

Pretty offensive if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
im still waiting for a refund. told them i would go to the small claims court if i dont get it. they hung up on me twice yesterday!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Finally after weeks of calling them, I got my refund. No apology or anything from them....

new topics

top topics

join