It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attn: Fukushima... It rains occasionally!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I made this to sum up my frustration:

These people have really been shown to be quite...well just plain crappy at dealing with this situation. At what point does it become the problem of other people, like an international body for example, to take over and support the cleanup?

Wouldn't it be nice if the UN focused on this that usually mattered in the world?!

Anyway, that's another thread. Now there are some people who say Fukushima isn't a big deal and things are going relatively well blah blah blah. Even if they are right, the more time we allow seemingly ineffective individuals to run day to day operations, the more likely we have to rely on fantasy land dreams like the meme posted above.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow, I just was looking at radiation levels at the plant. The following is from inside the plant. Quite shocking to see to me anyway,

Here is the site:
Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center

There needs to be a worldwide operation to work on this before the unthinkable disaster happens with Unit 4's cooling pool. If it collapses or cracks anymore and the fuel assemblies go critical from loss of cooling water, there will be a nuclear conflagration that will wipe out most life on Earth. Every time I see TEPCO flounder about with trying to handle the mitigation and cleanup, it makes the case for getting the world's nuclear superpower experts in there to assist in resolving the issue. They say they will take 30-40 years to complete the cleanup and shutdown process. There is a high potential that there will be another large quake and tsunami in the intervening time-frame.

edit on 21/10/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The Japanese are not this inept. The whole Fukushima disaster and the aftermath has been designed and planned. (Earthquake or underwater nuclear device ?) Why ? Time will tell. We live in weird times. Perhaps cancer treatment is what big pharma wants more of - it's good for business.

So many typhoons hitting northern japan, with two more on the way. Dutch caught one being created a few days back. Think outside the box peeps.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Help was offered, Hilary Clinton announced five days after the disaster that the yanks would send over a plane load of Boron ending the disaster. it wasn't reported in the media and the plane never got there.

You have to remember the disaster was caused by the illuminati now called the freemasons and rosicrucians this is a fact not some conspiracy theory.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

nimbinned
The Japanese are not this inept. The whole Fukushima disaster and the aftermath has been designed and planned. (Earthquake or underwater nuclear device ?) Why ? Time will tell. We live in weird times. Perhaps cancer treatment is what big pharma wants more of - it's good for business.

So many typhoons hitting northern japan, with two more on the way. Dutch caught one being created a few days back. Think outside the box peeps.

No one intentionally planned this. If you want the sad truth of the matter, the majority of people are average to below average in their jobs, whatever they are. We tell ourselves people in important positions are the best of the best but they really aren't. There's a 75% chance the person is in the bottom 75% of their field. This is compounded when it involves a situation in which there's few opportunities to build experience. Nuclear disasters of this scale are quite rare, no one has the experience to fall back on to cover their own shortcomings.

Tepco has seemed absolutely pathetic during this whole thing, but once you understand the above paragraph you realize that they're just incapable of doing better, no one else really has the expertise either.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

I have to disagree.

The disaster can be managed properly, but it isn't.

It isn't about knowhow, and we have had experience, chernobyl, three mile island and such.

It is corporate decisions, not individual know how.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Wow, I just was looking at radiation levels at the plant. The following is from inside the plant. Quite shocking to see to me anyway,

That graphic is showing NANO S/Hr, NANO! My God, next it will be up to Micro-Nano S/H, then we're all doomed! I think I'll just go walk into the sea and get it over with quickly by drinking some of that highly irradiated water.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
it's like watching monkeys play with chainsaws, man is just not responsible enough to wield this kind of power, we're gonna get whats coming to us.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

GaryN
reply to post by spirit_horse

That graphic is showing NANO S/Hr, NANO! My God, next it will be up to Micro-Nano S/H, then we're all doomed! I think I'll just go walk into the sea and get it over with quickly by drinking some of that highly irradiated water.

Well, you'll want to avoid walking in the Sea around Fukushima Daiichi, unless you want to come out decidedly well done with a soft glow to your skin. I have a couple other resources that put it into better perspective and it's a pretty bad situation. Close in, it's a very dangerous one.

Japan Geiger map - At a Glance

Radiation 101: What is it, how much is dangerous, and how does Fukushima compare to Chernobyl?

You'll want to zoom in a bit on the map for the different readings in and around the plant area.

It's a pretty rough situation.. What worries me most though isn't the long term if it remains just how it is, but the fact what is most worrisome isn't stable to remain this way. The cores found some equilibrium, apparently..and the fuel rods are being cooled with all the effort they can put into it, but any sane look would still call it a fluid crisis, IMO.

The situation has changed and done odd things, like the blue and green light reported in the ruins at times, but not others. Steaming in visible ways at some times, but not others. None of that sounds good to me.

Safe, stable or contained is all relative for meaning in that place...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Come on, by now I'd figure you and everyone else would understand we have long since entered a SNAFU moment. Truly, if ever there was a situation where normal was all sorts of #ed up, this is it. I mean really.

We should have tarred and feathered our News media eons ago.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET A PASS?

Everyone knows government is as crooked as my hang nail, but the media are the ones who are supposed to "keep them honest". It should start with them. Duche bags sit there like talking heads espousing their messages of hate and discord. We all sit the frothing at the mouth with hatred towards one another.

Look at what is being done to our planet. Our home. Our mother.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I found a couple other sites. The first one here is a detailed view and regularly updated just outside the plant, going by the map in my last post. This is a detail link from the southern red one there.

Detailed view of outdoor sensor near Fukushima

and to give some comparison of nGy/h numbers for context and meaning, I found this site with some background air readings found normally around the world.

Outdoor natural gamma dose rates (nGy/h) reported for some locations.

I hope that helps with some additional context for the plant and immediate area.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No really sure i understand the graphic. Ice walls as dumb as creating a park for the Jurassic? Huh, I guess I had to work that out as I go.

I don't know, maybe your on to something. Instead of Ice Walls, search the Ice walls for frozen carcasses of Philosoraptor make thousands of them. That way when Godzilla crawls out of the ocean we'll be ready.

BRILLIANT!!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
Now there are some people who say Fukushima isn't a big deal and things are going relatively well blah blah blah.

The fact we are at this point, borderline cynical or beyond is disturbing. I'm a victim too. We are so desensitized that we can truly say we don't know.

Well we should. We should know every fact.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a Major Screw up by the Company who designed and built this plant. The worst possible spot to have back up generators (maybe the MOST important safeguard to a meltdown) at ground level. On the most Major Earthquake prone Country in the World. The Country who will design buildings that can with stand a 8.0 earthquake but wont design a Nuclear Reactor to withstand one, oops make that 6 nuclear reactors + a major holding area for MOX Fuel.

The Japanese can sure make good sushi though. Too bad we will glow the next time we eat it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

edit on 22-10-2013 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

At least give them SOME credit pasiphae, they're using Duct Tape and we all know that Duct Tape is a fixall/doall product!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If anybody can sort it out , it's the Japanese, never under estimate them, just because they were dogged in war by todays biggest dogs......... prolly just putting there feelers out...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jthreat21

Do you just copy and paste your replies from one thread to the next? This is the exact comment you made on the African Skylines thread even down to the spelling mistake! It's "starred" and not "stared" unless you are sitting staring at goats! I see you still only have one starrrrrrrrrrr after four plus years!

This thread is about Fukushima, if you don't have anything to add that is of value, interesting or possibly just remotely amusing to give folk a reason to smile while being worried about their/our future WHY BOTHER?
edit on 22/10/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

edit to quote the wise words that jthreat feels he/she needs to share with us all on as many threads as possible: "Waste for thread staring ability, sorry"
edit on 22/10/13 by wiser3 because: To add quote by jthreat

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Whole site was built with little thought going into what could danger it. I'd have thought they'd hugely taken into consideration the risks of earthquakes before building and either not building or adapting it somehow to be safe from the risks.

I'm sure something will be sorted out, but they really got to work on protection for the entire site so its less prone to being abandoned from another earthquake or incoming tsunami.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It seems like they don't want to solve this problem..saddens me to see such news..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join